The online racing simulator
What I need most is money.But it is too hard get it!

In China you need 7000 RMB to have a Race training Course,just only two days.you will get a Race licence! Then race needs more and more money!
Quote from Jordan2007 :I Do Juniors but im giving up soon (Im on Dirt at the moment) This Year i ended 2nd in championship in first season. This is Exactly like XFG On lfs Bangers.

How much contact is there generally in non-contact stock rods (not the silly baby stuff)? I've only been to a couple of meetings at my local tracks (Standlake and Grimley) and seen contact penalised much more rigorously than it would be in say stock hatch circuit racing, I think last time I went only one of the non-contact cars had any substansial contact, which is less than similar circuit racing series often have and the perpetrator was promptly sent home.

I'm trying to find something to run a bio-ethanol car in, because we have a large source of possible funding if we can find something nominally green to do with it. A historic circuit racing and road rally car is out of the question because the MSA seem exceptionally slow off the mark and clueless about it, with an estimate of 18 months before they get round to drawing up a specificaion for E85 (which is a pre-requisite before it can be used other than as a single source control fuel). There is a possibility of running a car we're building for international stage rallying on bio-ethanol, but the practicality of transporting the fuel and effectively rendering the car unable to do anything in this country is unappealing.

Would be interesting to see what stock car event organisers would think to allowing a bio-ethanol car to compete, which would be pretty similar in performance to conventional petrol cars anyway and, unlike the MSA seem to think, would provide no real safety risk or huge technical challenge. Short distance oval racing would fit the bill perfectly in many ways, not using a lot of fuel, so reducing the issue of obtaining and storing pump E85 (rather than buying barrels of racing E85 at £2.70/litre) and local with entry fees lower than spectator tickets.

Quote :
I Dont know why people calls me Spoilt?.. Im not getting a great lot of money spent on me.

Well you've got a racing Mini, have raced in Juniors and are now going to race in SaxMax? That is considerably more than most children are able to do due to financial restrictions, it is a lot of money, whether you're spoilt or not is another question.
My kart (not me, as these are a year after I stopped driving):

I raced dirt & pavement oval karts for 13 years, with about 50 race wins, a couple local track championships, and a national Top-4 season finish. One of the best times of my life.
That looks great, but I have to say it's one of the strangest looking karts I've ever seen!
Quote from Minimaxman :That looks great, but I have to say it's one of the strangest looking karts I've ever seen!

They do have some bizarre karts in the states The laydown chassis are especially odd
I'm going to race gokart
125 cc Rotax
I race Rotax Max Senior!
Doing the Dutch, and European Rotax Max championships.

From my team's website (www.tkp.nl , I'm the webmaster aswell lol):

First laps at the age of 6 at Indoor-karting Berlikum (Holland). At the beginning of 2001, first racing lessons at Alnone racing school, ran by Bas Kaligis in Lelystad. Kart: Kombikart Honda Cadet.
  • First race in August 2001 (last place).
  • First podium (third) in June 2002 in Venray.
  • First won race: KNAF NK, 20th of October 2002 at De Landsard, Eindhoven
  • Chrono Honda Cadet 2002: 5th
  • KNAF Honda Cadet 2002: 5th

• Chrono Honda Cadet '03: Dutch Champion
  • KNAF Honda Cadet '03: Dutch Champion

• Switch to Rotax Minimax at the end of 2003. Kart: Energy, Rotax Max
  • Chrono Wintercup 2003-2004: 3rd
  • Chrono Rotax Max Challenge 2004: 7th

• Chrono Wintercup 2004-2005: 3rd
  • Chrono Rotax Max Challenge 2005: 5th

• Switch to Rotax Max Junior at the end of 2005. Kart: Energy Kinetic, Rotax Max
  • Chrono Wintercup 2005-2006: 9de
  • Chrono Rotax Max Challenge 2006: 11th with a lot of bad luck
  • KNAF Dutch Rotax Max championship: 3rd

• Switch to Intrepid, Rotax Max Junior
  • Chrono Rotax Max Challenge 2007: Dutch Champion
  • Rotax Euro Challenge 2007: 9th
  • Rotax Max World Finals 2007: 4th

• Switch to Rotax Max Senior at the end of 2007. Kart: Intrepid Cruiser 2008
  • Chrono Rotax Max Challenge 2008: 7th
  • KNAF Dutch Championship: 8th

• Rotax Max Euro Challenge 2008: 15th

• Formula Ford test at Zandvoort

This year was unbelievably unlucky for me.. Driven a total of 12 races, only finished the first one without any bad luck. All of the other ones there was atleast SOMETHING going on (either someone crashed into me, or my engine broke down, loose exhaust, etc...)
Next year will be good though! Also Rotax Senior with Team TKP Intrepid.

For the Dutch members, check out my website www.jackswinkels.nl

See you online!

Leading at Rotax Euro Challenge round 4 in Genk (B)

Formula Ford test at Zandvoort (NL)

Quote from Solidum[NL] :I race Rotax Max Senior!
Doing the Dutch, and European Rotax Max championships.

From my team's website (www.tkp.nl , I'm the webmaster aswell lol):

First laps at the age of 6 at Indoor-karting Berlikum (Holland). At the beginning of 2001, first racing lessons at Alnone racing school, ran by Bas Kaligis in Lelystad. Kart: Kombikart Honda Cadet.
  • First race in August 2001 (last place).
  • First podium (third) in June 2002 in Venray.
  • First won race: KNAF NK, 20th of October 2002 at De Landsard, Eindhoven
  • Chrono Honda Cadet 2002: 5th
  • KNAF Honda Cadet 2002: 5th

• Chrono Honda Cadet '03: Dutch Champion
  • KNAF Honda Cadet '03: Dutch Champion

• Switch to Rotax Minimax at the end of 2003. Kart: Energy, Rotax Max
  • Chrono Wintercup 2003-2004: 3rd
  • Chrono Rotax Max Challenge 2004: 7th

• Chrono Wintercup 2004-2005: 3rd
  • Chrono Rotax Max Challenge 2005: 5th

• Switch to Rotax Max Junior at the end of 2005. Kart: Energy Kinetic, Rotax Max
  • Chrono Wintercup 2005-2006: 9de
  • Chrono Rotax Max Challenge 2006: 11th with a lot of bad luck
  • KNAF Dutch Rotax Max championship: 3rd

• Switch to Intrepid, Rotax Max Junior
  • Chrono Rotax Max Challenge 2007: Dutch Champion
  • Rotax Euro Challenge 2007: 9th
  • Rotax Max World Finals 2007: 4th

• Switch to Rotax Max Senior at the end of 2007. Kart: Intrepid Cruiser 2008
  • Chrono Rotax Max Challenge 2008: 7th
  • KNAF Dutch Championship: 8th

• Rotax Max Euro Challenge 2008: 15th

• Formula Ford test at Zandvoort

This year was unbelievably unlucky for me.. Driven a total of 12 races, only finished the first one without any bad luck. All of the other ones there was atleast SOMETHING going on (either someone crashed into me, or my engine broke down, loose exhaust, etc...)
Next year will be good though! Also Rotax Senior with Team TKP Intrepid.

For the Dutch members, check out my website www.jackswinkels.nl

See you online!

Leading at Rotax Euro Challenge round 4 in Genk (B)

Formula Ford test at Zandvoort (NL)

Things are looking good then. What stages did you have to go through to get to championship stage? Do you get asked? Always wondered.
I do a fare share of SCCA Solo events but thats about it:

Quote from sam93 :Things are looking good then. What stages did you have to go through to get to championship stage? Do you get asked? Always wondered.

What do you mean with championship stage?
Basically (and that's the darker side of the sport), money gets you anywhere. If that's what you meant?
Quote from Solidum[NL] :What do you mean with championship stage?
Basically (and that's the darker side of the sport), money gets you anywhere. If that's what you meant?

I mean how do you get to take part in championships? Do you get asked? What stages do you have to go through to take part in a championship.
No, you just enter the race, like with any other championship. If you've got the budget, the car (or the drive) and the time then you can enter pretty much anything you like.
Quote from tristancliffe :No, you just enter the race, like with any other championship. If you've got the budget, the car (or the drive) and the time then you can enter pretty much anything you like.

I see. I though you got invited/asked to take part in the championship.
i wish that was treu!!

i was invited to alot of formula klasses like formula ford, formula renault 2.0, superkarts and some karting brands but you always ( unless you are schumacher ) have to bring money.

@solidum:

i've heard about you a few times! good luck with the racing! and if you need a backup driver.... call me
Quote from henrico-20- :
@solidum:

i've heard about you a few times! good luck with the racing! and if you need a backup driver.... call me

Haha, thanks! Will do lol
Quote from sam93 :I see. I though you got invited/asked to take part in the championship.

I take part in a championship. No invitation. Hamilton takes part in a championship. No invitation. Lots of people take part in championships. Without invitation.

(note: I am not comparing myself to Hamilton in any way. For starters I'm not as rubbish under pressure :P)
Quote from tristancliffe :I take part in a championship. No invitation. Hamilton takes part in a championship. No invitation. Lots of people take part in championships. Without invitation.

(note: I am not comparing myself to Hamilton in any way. For starters I'm not as rubbish under pressure :P)

I meant top level championship thats all. So if you have a lot of money in your pocket and approach a team, they will let you race?

Let's be honest, pressure you get when racing in a club is very low level to what Hamilton gets.
Quote from sam93 :I meant top level championship thats all. So if you have a lot of money in your pocket and approach a team, they will let you race?

Let's be honest, pressure you get when racing in a club is very low level to what Hamilton gets.

Well some series have regulations that stop people just entering out of no where. They require qualification through various licence stipulations.

But essentially you can in theory buy your way into any class. It's not THAT simple of course, but the fragmentation of motorsport has meant many classes and series have had to have a somewhat open door policy

#44 - 5haz
You can get in just about anywhere in motorsprt if you have a sufficient amount of money/ fame.

The championship organisers dont 'invite' you, if you have the required racing liscense and enough money you can enter entirely yourself, or wait for your (hopefully) impressive skills to catch a team bosses attention and get you a test/ drive with a team.

Or if the team is desperate, present them with a fairly large check and you will be in, although these types are known as 'pay drivers' and have an infamous reputation for being rather crap, especially in F1, where there used to be a lot of pay drivers, but now as F1 is fully professional we dont get to see things like Piquet beating the crap out of Eliseo Salazar because he crashed him, which is a shame, some of these people were so bad it made them entertaining.

Quote from tristancliffe :(note: I am not comparing myself to Hamilton in any way. For starters I'm not as rubbish under pressure :P)

Hah, from what I've seen it takes no pressure to make you spin out of a comfortable lead.

Then again I'm no better, even Silverstone Sid in his ambulance makes better starts than me.
-
(5haz) DELETED by 5haz
Quote from 5haz :Then again I'm no better, even Silverstone Sid in his ambulance makes better starts than me.

Even so, do let me know next time you're competiting at Snetterton, and I'll swing by and give you a look!
I do a bit of Rally Driving.

#47 - 5haz
Quote from tristancliffe :Even so, do let me know next time you're competiting at Snetterton, and I'll swing by and give you a look!

Never have had the chance, looks like a fairly fun track though.

Quote from Gills4life :I do a bit of Rally Driving.
~snip~

Nice shots Gills.

That kind of thing looks like a great laugh, I guess until you throw trees and errant spectators into the equation.

I did a Classic regularity rally (nothing high speed of course, unless you were late for the lunch stop.) with my dad in a Mk.1 Mini (with me as Co-driver obviously), in which we came 2nd out of 2 in our class!

Engine was making all kinds of nasty knocking noises afterwards, and the oil pressure only got up when you revved the engine, crankshaft bearings didn't look too happy when we pulled them out later.
Quote from Gills4life :I do a bit of Rally Driving.

Looks like what I do when I go shopping, driving my Ford Focus slowly in a carpark.

Do you do autocross or do you compete in actual rallies?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Looks like what I do when I go shopping, driving my Ford Focus slowly in a carpark.

Do you do autocross or do you compete in actual rallies?

I am in a junior rally academy where they do a series of tests and you go through 6 levels. Once you have completed all of these you earn a scholarship and a possible drive in a rally team.

It's not in a car park it is on an airfield with various obstacles which test your car control and it is certainly not slow. I have been sideways at 90 there in the rain and at the other end of the airstrip it is very gravelly meaning big slides.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG