The online racing simulator
After race crash parties?
Can someone tell me the official line on this? Are they tolerated?

I asked someone why earlier and was told to lighten up.

I think it show's a complete disregard to others. Or should I really just lighten up?
#2 - Bean0
CTRA admin answered the question about it here...

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=873698#post873698

Basically, it is not a puishable offence.
If you don't want to get hit park up way out of the way, or spectate/pit.

Edit: Rules were rewritten after that post was made.
I can't find anything on the CTRA site about it though, it might say in-game...can't remember.
#3 - SamH
The CTRA admins still haven't agreed on a policy for after-race behaviour. We're now considering two possibilities. One: Drive around the next corner before wrecking; Two: Drive around the next corner to avoid wrecking.
Quote from SamH :The CTRA admins still haven't agreed on a policy for after-race behaviour. We're now considering two possibilities. One: Drive around the next corner before wrecking; Two: Drive around the next corner to avoid wrecking.

What would be fun is having a set amount of time to drive back to the the pits and park it. Failure to do so would result in no points being earned.

As if that were to ever work though.

However, I do like to keep driving sometimes to stay in a flow and be focused in on the next race. In this case it would be nice not to have to dodge the cars shows that take place after the finish line. A bit hypocritical of me, but it would be nice.
#5 - SamH
It's generally possible to keep driving, even when there's a crowd of people pranging their cars into each other at T1.

We've had a couple of reports in, over the last year or so, about after-race wrecking but I don't think we've actioned anything on it. As long as they keep clear of the start/finish line and don't re-cross it headed the wrong way, anyway. The routine of after-race wrecking is so well established across LFS servers that it's just not reasonable for us to blindside anyone with a reprimand. As things stand right now, we expect that people who don't want to be pranged will go to pits or to spectate - especially on CTRA servers, where your grid position isn't affected by going to spectate. At this stage, changing the premise would be difficult at best.

To the OP, it really comes down to your personal perspective and it's often down to the race that's just been run. You'll often see more frivolous behaviour on endurance days or after hard-fought races, where people find they need to de-stress. Post-race wrecking is a very effective way of letting off a bit of steam after an intense and heavily disciplined sprint to the finish. That it is disrespectful to other drivers and that it is unreasonable behaviour is a valid viewpoint, but conversely primal instinct has never been particularly susceptible to reason
I think you're underestimating the power of the CTRA to bring about a change in general standards Sam. Whilst the issue of whether it is right or wrong to crash after races is down to you guys and how you want to run your server, the fact is you're one of the few operators to consistently have not just a busy server, but multiple busy servers.

If the CTRA says something is not on, let's say 'rejoining into traffic' or that something needs clarifying, like defining who exactly does have the right to a corner... well as you can see from the examples the CTRA has brought about changes to general behaviour in LFS before.

So I dont think the argument that "It cant be stopped, its what people do" is necessarily a valid one.

Whether actually bringing about a change is necessary of course is another matter, or whether it is the biggest outstanding issue with public racing standards, now that's a question i'll leave to you guys.
I am one of the people who made a report about an after race wreck. I finished a race and parked next to some tyres off the track, reached for my coffee and <WACK> i got hit at high speed forcing my wheel to slam rapidlly from one side to the other - i was leaning against the wheel at the time. Coffee was spilt all over my precious keyboard which took ages to wipe off. I made a report and the answer was to SHIFT-P after the race and the problem will be sorted. (solved)

I must warn everyone thought that i did try spectating after the race and didn't rejoin before the race was restarted and ended up at the back of the grid. So, if you do use SHIFT-S make sure you re-join before the restart countdown...

Hope it helps
Pete
Just press the ESC key... it disables FFB
No need to spectate or pit this way
Quote from Mille Sabords :Just press the ESC key... it disables FFB
No need to spectate or pit this way

Oh yeah i didnt think of that! alternatively SHIFT-O if you wanna do it the long way round
Tbh I'd still prefer to shift-p & esc to get in the paddock. It's not so much the numpties crashing around, usually there's a safe place to park w/e at. It's the constant revving and noise that annoys me more, and the pits is a bit more quiet in that respect.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Tbh I'd still prefer to shift-p & esc to get in the paddock. It's not so much the numpties crashing around, usually there's a safe place to park w/e at. It's the constant revving and noise that annoys me more, and the pits is a bit more quiet in that respect.

Getting back to the point, maybe if we pitted and just sat in the garage that could be a non-wrecking zone... Plently of time i've tried to go out for a practice run between a race and got caught by a martian trying to create a crop circle lol
Quote from NotAnIllusion :It's the constant revving and noise that annoys me more

Yup, i hate that about all motorsports, real or simulated. Damn all that revving and noise. Why cant they make silent cars?

Quote from The Moose :Yup, i hate that about all motorsports, real or simulated. Damn all that revving and noise. Why cant they make silent cars?

:slap:

#14 - Dru
Quote from The Moose :Yup, i hate that about all motorsports, real or simulated. Damn all that revving and noise. Why cant they make silent cars?

did you not get the invitation to the latest round of soap box racers Stu?
Quote from Dru :did you not get the invitation to the latest round of soap box racers Stu?

Thanks, but they are still to noisy for me.
Quote from The Moose :Thanks, but they are still to noisy for me.

I hear the XRT in the Stock Car Cup has an extra muffled cockpit this year. They implemented it for the more discerning racers such as yourself. (You know the type...Cocktail in one hand, cig in the other, knee on the wheel.)
Just thought you should know in case you were thinking about joining the league but were concerned about all the racket.
Quote from Becky Rose :I think you're underestimating the power of the CTRA to bring about a change in general standards Sam. Whilst the issue of whether it is right or wrong to crash after races is down to you guys and how you want to run your server, the fact is you're one of the few operators to consistently have not just a busy server, but multiple busy servers.

It's not down to server capability. It's the amount of effort that would be used to monitor after race wrecking.

Wrecking after race finishes is part of the LFS culture. Trying to change this culture would take tremendious effort on an admins part to ensure rule was being ahered to. We could do it, but at what cost, and what would be gained?

Personally to me it's a vast amount of effort for something thats negligable. It would be nice to have but Sam has been doing reports largely by himself and I don't think this is something he would want to do. I know I don't. For me the culture change would be too great of an effort at this time.

I am pretty sure Sam is fully aware of the software capabilities, if he's not then he's not a very good programer, which I don't believe to be the case. I think at one point in the past we did chat about the possibility, I know I would like to see people heading back to the pits instead of crashing but in the end we did not try to enforce anything. Least that is what I remember.
stationary car not in pits automatically sent to pitlane after 5-10 secs? (/pitlane. p.username there is already timer code for this)
I thought it was still the case, last I remember it was but my wheel has not been hooked up for eons, so if you know anyone that wants a BRD speed7 pedal set =P Lyla/school/work is taking up a lot of time.

I guess you could make it so you don't collect points until you have stopped onto a pit box, but then you might have the problem of not collecting drivers who just crossed the line before the restart.

:edit: hmm wonder if it does after a finish...
After race finish cars are not spectated for being stationary, I rather think the solution would be to /pitlane them instead. This way the circuit is clear for those who wish to thrash out a lap or so of setup testing or whatever.
#21 - SamH
The more I think on it, the more I think it doesn't need thinking on, tbh. If you don't want your wheel to shake, hit the pits or just hit escape.
As a newbie I had no idea that I was opening pandoras box here.

Thank you Sam for your responces.

I shall lighten up a little and go to the pits during busy times so that I don't get spectated by an after race crasher and then get the depressing "race full" when I try to rejoin.
Quote from SamH :The more I think on it, the more I think it doesn't need thinking on, tbh. If you don't want your wheel to shake, hit the pits or just hit escape.

Totally agree - took a while to work that out, but it is the best solution
Yup, sounds a bit like using a sledge-hammer to crack a wallnut. It's really not that big an issue and drivers would much rather spend the time preparing for the next race than messing about with an in-lap to a pit-box.

This procedure does have it's place in league racing, not pick-ups.
I still see an advantage to /pit drivers after the race if they stop on circuit though - it would assist in keeping the circuit clear for those testing. At the moment if you want to test between races or find your right setup or something you have to pick your way very carefully through the first two corners which at some shorter tracks like South City Chicane results in effectively a "practice the easy last corner" affair.

If the cars are pitted after 5-10 seconds stationary when on ctra or ss servers the circuit will be much cleaner (ie, not BnJ as there are a few ramifications).

It requires the same amount of administration as now as no new ruling is introduced, in the place of rules a culture of clearing the track is simply encouraged by the automated mechanism that it just happens anyway. After a while drivers will expect to just pull over safely and be returned to their pitbox, and probably wonder why this doesnt happen on other servers...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG