The online racing simulator
Quote from Paranoid Android :Just out of curiosity, why is that?
To be honest, I didn't really expect it to be, or expect it now...I won't even install it unless told by many others otherwise...

Still too many small bugs for my liking. Hopefully they will be quashed before final release.

I'd rather the patch was not released for as long as it takes to get it as close to perfect as possible, rather than getting it released for the sake of it. After this long a wait, another month wouldn't do any harm.

It's a bloody good drive though, I still prefer it to iRacings SS cars. (and it's far better than 1.02, which is bloody great in itself )
Is incredible how much people lick his balls (of Kunos, in RSC forums) after doing that...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EBxSdQgj_mo&fmt=18

"Just a lap during beta testing of netKar PRO 1.0.3. Notice the dirty tires after an off in the middle and the quest for grip right after that. This was recorded live during a race, hence the tiny hangs in the clip. The server was a home line (90KB/s upstream) on 3-year old PC with a full field of cars on-track on Crema."

Yes, Jaap made a fix to enable Crema to be raced online

The poor sound balance between the user car and remote cars is being fixed.

You will be able to adjust the mirrors FOV in the config. (it's wrong in this vid) and hopefully higher res mirrors should be added.

The patch is taking longer than expected to release, (no surprises there then ) but after all this time another small delay has to be worth it. A few of us are pushing to get a few things sorted/added before release, I think the extra time spent is worthwhile.
Quote from The Moose :http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EBxSdQgj_mo&fmt=18

I was prepped and ready to hate that video, but that does look rather good doesn't it? I liked the interpolated car movement. Looked very smooth. Are car to car collisions handled properly as well or do you still get the occasional moon flight? The dirty tires seemed a tad exaggerated though (based on my non-existent experience with real single seaters). Is the grip dropoff really that bad IRL?

Anyway, looked good enough that I shall give it a another whirl once the patch is released.
The sounds (generally speaking ) are disturbing me , in my opinion it is even less realistic than the LFS ones (which are quite bad already ).
Other than that it looks interesting , i hope we will have a functionning display in demo .
Quote from wien :I was prepped and ready to hate that video, but that does look rather good doesn't it? I liked the interpolated car movement. Looked very smooth. Are car to car collisions handled properly as well or do you still get the occasional moon flight? The dirty tires seemed a tad exaggerated though (based on my non-existent experience with real single seaters). Is the grip dropoff really that bad IRL?

Anyway, looked good enough that I shall give it a another whirl once the patch is released.

I cant say I've experienced any 'moon flight' collisions. They seem to be much better now, though i wasn't involved when they were doing crash testing. The few accidents I've had whilst testing other stuff have been fine.

The dirty tires /grip loss seems pretty good to me (it looked worse in that vid than it actually feels) I guess it will take a real life racer to confirm how much grip is lost in reality. I'd be interested in the answer myself

The net code is definitely much better in the tests that i've done, the whole thing is far smoother and i havent witnessed any lag that wasnt down to peoples dodgy connections.

I joined a test on a server run from a users home computer with a ping of over 200 and it was absolutely fine.
Quote from ldriver :The sounds (generally speaking ) are disturbing me , in my opinion it is even less realistic than the LFS ones (which are quite bad already ).
Other than that it looks interesting , i hope we will have a functionning display in demo .

I think that's partly down to the sound imbalance present in this build of the patch, but like everything a lot of it is down to personal taste. I much prefer it to LFS' sounds, which are the worst in any sim I've driven!

Yes, the display will be fully functional in the demo
My views

1. The sounds are pretty weak. They're quite highly tuned with little silencing, so should sound... better.
2. The slipstream seems too strong, but that's purely based on that clip which may or may not be representational of the real thing. I'll drive it before I comment further.
3. The dirt on the tyres certainly looks as though it has too much effect on the car's grip. And I noticed how long the driver had to keep off the power to hold that slide, which seemed a bit wrong also. But again, based purely on the images rather than what it feels like first hand, so I'll reserve judgement until it's released.

But I hope it does get released soon. Will be nice to see how different the game is, and see if it can tempt be back online now and again.
I dunno, but the video kinda looks like someone was fighting with slight steering lag. The way oversteer and its correction looks like seems somewhat off to me
why do people have wheels on inside the car? Just seems dumb to me considering the wheel your ACTUALLY using is right on front of your face!!
@ Moose: will there be a working (lcd)display on the wheel for us non-licenced users...? I simply can´t drive without any infos...
Quote from tristancliffe :
2. The slipstream seems too strong, but that's purely based on that clip which may or may not be representational of the real thing. I'll drive it before I comment further.

I think the guy in front just was too slow out of the previous corner.
Quote from tristancliffe :3. The dirt on the tyres certainly looks as though it has too much effect on the car's grip. And I noticed how long the driver had to keep off the power to hold that slide, which seemed a bit wrong also.

I just had a couple of races, the loss of grip certainly isnt as bad as it looked, i think the fact that he glanced to the right as he was sliding made things worse . Don't look around whilst sliding!

Quote from AndroidXP :I dunno, but the video kinda looks like someone was fighting with slight steering lag. The way oversteer and its correction looks like seems somewhat off to me

Yup, it looked a bit odd. I drive without a visible wheel and it feels perfect. Not sure what rotation he was using but it seemed to exaggerate the movement of the visible wheel.

Quote from Intrepid :why do people have wheels on inside the car? Just seems dumb to me considering the wheel your ACTUALLY using is right on front of your face!!

Amen to that!

Quote from VoiD :@ Moose: will there be a working (lcd)display on the wheel for us non-licenced users...?

Yes
Quote from Intrepid :why do people have wheels on inside the car? Just seems dumb to me considering the wheel your ACTUALLY using is right on front of your face!!

I don't get this either!! I always have mine off, if its on it looks crap!
Quote from Toddshooter :I don't get this either!! I always have mine off, if its on it looks crap!

I always have mine on

Just a personal preference i suppose.
Just find it far easier to drive with it. In LFS I have the driver on as well.
That looked sweet!!! The car movement was very smooth, like iRacing (judging by videos). What is this "interpolated stuff" you talk about Wien? Would that be an idea for LFS too..?

Is Crema still the demo track, by the way?
Quote from Gnomie :Is Crema still the demo track, by the way?

Ohh, that's something i haven't checked up on. I doubt it as now there will be multiplayer in the Demo and Crema isn't officially supported for multiplayer.
That was the huge thing that put me off trying NKP was the lack of an AIM display. It's difficult to drive when you have no ****ing idea how fast you're going/what gear you're in.
Yeah I hated that too.

Other then that, judging by the video it looks pretty sweet.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :That was the huge thing that put me off trying NKP was the lack of an AIM display. It's difficult to drive when you have no ****ing idea how fast you're going/what gear you're in.

Whilst i absolutely agree that having no AIM display was probably the most stupid thing about the original demo, not being able to see what speed your going or what gear your in isn't really that big a problem is it ? Especially as the demo car only has 4 gears. Do you need a display on your road car to know what gear your in? How often do you look at your speedo in LFS?

If i didn't have to check the speedo in my car to make sure i wasnt breaking the law i doubt i'd ever look at it.

I be scared to be sharing the road with some of you!
Well see, for one I didn't even know that it only had 4 gears.

Tbh, I never look at my speed but I do look at which gear I'm on often enough. Thats when I'm using sequential shifter off course . On H shift I just know. :P

So at least a little tachometer or some little number on the LCD thing could tell you which gear your on. Meh why not just let people use the full LCD display in the demo -_-.
Speed isn't so important, if anything it's gear, because I always get confused becuase it's not an H-Gate. RPM is nice too.
Quote from evilpimp : Meh why not just let people use the full LCD display in the demo -_-.

I hear ya! ...and more importantly so does Kunos

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG