wow
this seems to have worked
70's music and techno really cause some fights
=]
Quote from Klutch :http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4fHSYZDmDDA

TERROR/SPEEDCORE OR SHUT THE **** UP

none of your faggy electro bullshit
this is REAL edm

How ever much I actully like this style of music, (which im not going to genre) I hate that attitude to music "Faggy electro bullshit" ... I mean come on, it doesnt need to be branded like that.

And with the genre arguments, when you like alot of deathcore/meldoic death metal/grindcore/hardcore and such, you learn not to think about it and just listen to it for what it is, genre'ing it is just a way to sell it out to little scene kids and followers.

"CHECK THIS SHIZZ! ITS LIKE BRUTAL DEATHC0rE1!!11!1" "ZOMGZ DEATHCORE, I HAVE TO LIKE IT!"
Quote from 1337sause :wow
this seems to have worked
70's music and techno really cause some fights
=]

Well, when you consider that one of these things alone causes fights, you have to expect their combination to create a larger one. Ha

For the record.. That death metal cover of Avril was crap. Total crap, and, like Becky, I do like some death metal... Though I'm leaning more to whatever the hell Unearth and As I Lay Dying are, and Cradle of Filth... Whatever genre(s) they are.
Quote from MAGGOT :Well, when you consider that one of these things alone causes fights, you have to expect their combination to create a larger one. Ha

For the record.. That death metal cover of Avril was crap. Total crap, and, like Becky, I do like some death metal... Though I'm leaning more to whatever the hell Unearth and As I Lay Dying are, and Cradle of Filth... Whatever genre(s) they are.

As I lay dying are generaly Deathcore, but some of there songs lean towards other genres, and there newer newer stuff is apparantly going to be more thrash'y.

This is the type of music you seriously dont want to get involved with generes and stuff :P
Quote from jimaxx :How ever much I actully like this style of music, (which im not going to genre) I hate that attitude to music "Faggy electro bullshit" ... I mean come on, it doesnt need to be branded like that.

And with the genre arguments, when you like alot of deathcore/meldoic death metal/grindcore/hardcore and such, you learn not to think about it and just listen to it for what it is, genre'ing it is just a way to sell it out to little scene kids and followers.

"CHECK THIS SHIZZ! ITS LIKE BRUTAL DEATHC0rE1!!11!1" "ZOMGZ DEATHCORE, I HAVE TO LIKE IT!"

I agree with you to an extent.
I find it stupid when you have numerous sub genres that sound exactly the same.

HOWEVER.
When you have things like terror/speedcore, Hardcore, Happyhardcore, Gabber, Hardstyle, Psytrance etc..its better to name what genre it is. The thing with EDM is that theres so many different styles of music, its endless because someones always experimenting and trying something new.

And to be honest, Electro is shit.
Beats need to be fast and hard, i don't know how people can dance to slow soft crap like electro and techno.
Quote from Klutch :I agree with you to an extent.
I find it stupid when you have numerous sub genres that sound exactly the same.

HOWEVER.
When you have things like terror/speedcore, Hardcore, Happyhardcore, Gabber, Hardstyle, Psytrance etc..its better to name what genre it is. The thing with EDM is that theres so many different styles of music, its endless because someones always experimenting and trying something new.

Every 'genre' you listed sounds nearly the same to me. Granted, people say the same about metal and I disagree, to a point (I'm not anal about it, but Death metal is not the same as hair metal, for instance). I guess I just brand the lot of electronic stuff as shite and so on... although.. what's Daft Punk? I like some of their stuff.

Ultimately, breaking every major genre down into little bits is asinine, whatever the genre. Okay, so breaking metal away from, say, pop music is logical. But breaking metal down into black, gothic, death, nu, hair, grindcore, etc, is pedantic. Breaking it down further is just.. well.. anyone who does so needs to get a damned life.

Quote :And to be honest, Electro is shit.
Beats need to be fast and hard, i don't know how people can dance to slow soft crap like electro and techno.

I don't know how anyone can dance to anything other than jazz and swing. I find that anyone who dances in a club to look like a complete jerk-off, who's only goal in life is to get laid.
Quote from MAGGOT :Every 'genre' you listed sounds nearly the same to me. Granted, people say the same about metal and I disagree, to a point (I'm not anal about it, but Death metal is not the same as hair metal, for instance). I guess I just brand the lot of electronic stuff as shite and so on... although.. what's Daft Punk? I like some of their stuff.

Ultimately, breaking every major genre down into little bits is asinine, whatever the genre. Okay, so breaking metal away from, say, pop music is logical. But breaking metal down into black, gothic, death, nu, hair, grindcore, etc, is pedantic. Breaking it down further is just.. well.. anyone who does so needs to get a damned life.

I don't know how anyone can dance to anything other than jazz and swing. I find that anyone who dances in a club to look like a complete jerk-off, who's only goal in life is to get laid.

I'm not really into daftpunk...but if i had to say it would probably be electro.

As for dancing...
the dancing at clubs are usually a bit different to raves..no grinding or looking like a spastic

Shuffling to hardstyle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8dip-QLjTg

Stomping:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J6-iVybtAE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bmvmYxDzm4
sigh

its impossible to show you if you havent experienced it yourself
Quote from Klutch :sigh

its impossible to show you if you havent experienced it yourself

Things may be a little different if you're pissed and/or on drugs, but watching those sober I see no connecting between the 'dancing' and the 'music'. It actually reminds me a little bit of the C Walk (no, I'm not calling that a dance either...).
I can kinda see how you got that view...but there very..very different styles of dance, and very..very different styles of music and attitude.

I've tired to stomp, and shuffle. But fail pretty hard at ti..i have plenty of friends that can do it with ease, and they do it great while sober, and whiel on drugs..
Quote from Klutch :I'm not really into daftpunk...but if i had to say it would probably be electro.

As for dancing...
the dancing at clubs are usually a bit different to raves..no grinding or looking like a spastic

Shuffling to hardstyle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8dip-QLjTg

Stomping:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J6-iVybtAE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bmvmYxDzm4

Every one of those kids (and they are all kids, I noticed..) have pants that look like they're stolen directly from some Japanese anime show... They don't look any cooler in real life, either.

Maybe I'm just old.

I can see how you could have fun doing this stuff, I really can. I still think they look like tits while they do it, though. The shuffling was kinda neat - only because it looks like you slide across the ground without looking like you try to move in that direction, though. The rest of it still looks like a kid flailing around in a temper-tantrum.
Never seen ravers before?
Some of the more eccentric clothing you've ever seen...
All in good fun, dressing up for events is fun ^_^

And yes, you are old :P
Just adding myself to the quickly growing list that is really really glad that they're not Klutch.
Quote from GFresh :Just adding myself to the quickly growing list that is really really glad that they're not Klutch.

Its awesome being me.
#46 - wien
Quote from MAGGOT :Maybe I'm just old.

Watching those videos I suddenly became a full 200% more content with being completely disconnected from most aspects of popular culture. I shall from here on in embrace old fartyness and marvel in its splendour.
Dancing is an expression of extroversion, there's nowt wrong with it - even if you dont understand a given 'scene' - there's nothing wrong with expressing yourself through dance.

I wish I was better at it, but I tend to fail, or is that flail... either way i'm not entirely co-ordinated. That doesnt stop me appreciating the art form and having a go though, and it is an art form.

Besides, get some youtubes of a hawt chick stomping, jumpstyling, or some other form rather than some acne ridden kid in a hoodie and it'll be much harder to argue against it
I derailed the thread by accidently implying that my YouTube links are any good. :ashamed:
Haha, I just found my little bro on Youtube. Any Melbourne Psy Trance addicts will probably know Sonic Shroom.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=JV3dQZn7gw4

We don't talk often but he's still my little bro.
Heh, he's obviously enjoying himself.

take on me techno remix
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG