The online racing simulator
Parade Lap
(10 posts, started )
#1 - Mc21
Parade Lap
I think we should get a parade lap before the race, to warm our tyres up. It could be a server option to allow 1 or not.

If you don't know what a Parade Lap is, its the lap before the race, where you stay behind the safety car.

Also I think you should get a drive-thru penetly(sp?) if you go out of it.
nooo... I wait enough inbetween races... now we have to do a parade lap also ?? illepall On BL_1 it would be what 3 min? How long would it be on AS GP?? 7-8 min ?? illepall illepall
Quote from PLAYLIFE :nooo... I wait enough inbetween races... now we have to do a parade lap also ?? illepall On BL_1 it would be what 3 min? How long would it be on AS GP?? 7-8 min ?? illepall illepall

Do you know what "option" is?
IMO for league races good idea We have two starts in each race, lag start (1/2 lap for texture loading) and proper start. Parade lap can "solve" this and with little adjustment (green lights after first lap) you have rolling start implemented too
I don't know much about the idea, but a parade lap would be fun for me, because I like to cruise around. Ya know, fishtail behind a buddy while going <100 All good fun.
Quote from Pablo.CZ :Do you know what "option" is?
IMO for league races good idea We have two starts in each race, lag start (1/2 lap for texture loading) and proper start. Parade lap can "solve" this and with little adjustment (green lights after first lap) you have rolling start implemented too

IMO you are right Would be a good option.
#6 - Mc21
Thanks for the comments guys, hopefully this will be put into the "Suggested Improvements Log"
here the option would definatly be nice, especally for those "lag" starts
Yes, we have attempted this in LFS : F1, but it scews with the number of laps so you have to add on a lap, and it also scews with the times the the drivers set. It's just all wrong, we need a parade lap.
#9 - filur
Yeah even though it's extremely simple in insim it does need workarounds for stats and whatnot, guess i'll just +1 this idea for the third time or something.

+1 !
Quote from Pablo.CZ :Do you know what "option" is?

Option? Yes, i know what an "option" is. But I can't chose that. The server can. And what happens if the server admins all want to try out the new feature and we have to do parade laps for the next 6 months

Parade Lap
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG