SimAdapter client simVB .net
(24 posts, started )
Hi

i made a client for Simadapter in VB .net

go here (is in portuguese) , but you can read "download"

download .net 2.0 Eng version..

i need feedback...for bugs...

29/10/2008 Setup Updated.. end fixed.. i think..

01/11/2008 version 1.0.1

09/11/08 next version w/templates support.. http://mj-multimedia.net/myfiles/gauge.png

11/11/2008 version 1.0.16: new template and fullscreen, thanks silverfox1973! for the testing template!

21/11/2008 version 1.0.22: Redesign, added RPM LED's and FLAG's light
Fantastic!
I was waiting for this for a long time!
Is it possible that you change anything on this view? Like background colour, font, gauge position, g-meter position (is it possible that you make drag and drop, or even remove/add of some elements?), or add some other view (DTM style, F1 style, MOTEC style - like rdisplay ...). I am building racing cockpit and for the gauges I will use 7'' LCD (is that possible?/resolution) on second pc.

Keep on the good work!

Best regards
To Catboy or Silverfox1973

Can you explain very simply with a short tutorial how do you install Simadapter client simvb.net and how you make it work together with simadapter and simview in LFS.

P.S : Untill now, Simadapter and simview Work fine on LFS with these parameters.

After Modifyng CFG.TXT

Outgauge Mode 1
Outgauge Delay 10
Outgauge IP 127.0.0.1
Outgauge Port 4711
Outgauge ID 1

In SimView :

127.0.01 as IP
9090 as server Port
9091 as Client Port

Thank you very much for your help
to Latanturle:

Connect to simAdapter like simview, but other client port , 9092..ex.
to silverfox1973

Is possibile.. but with source (visual studio 2008). I post the source soon.
What it does the program?
Hello Catboy

I'm sorry to disturb you one more time but I have problems :

I haved clicked on SetUp to install your program.

I have got this message :

Impossible to install or execute application.
This application needs Assembly devExpress.XtraWizard.v8.2 version 8.2.4.0, you have to install Assembly devExpress.XtraWizard.v8.2 version 8.2.4.0 in the Global Assembly Cache ! ! !

It's too complicated for my "little brain" . .

There are also two folders called SimAdapter 1.0.0.27 and 1.0.0.28, can you tell me what I have to do with them.

Thank you very much in advance for your precious help
Setup update
Quote from Latanturle :Hello Catboy

I'm sorry to disturb you one more time but I have problems :

I haved clicked on SetUp to install your program.

I have got this message :

Impossible to install or execute application.
This application needs Assembly devExpress.XtraWizard.v8.2 version 8.2.4.0, you have to install Assembly devExpress.XtraWizard.v8.2 version 8.2.4.0 in the Global Assembly Cache ! ! !

It's too complicated for my "little brain" . .

There are also two folders called SimAdapter 1.0.0.27 and 1.0.0.28, can you tell me what I have to do with them.

Thank you very much in advance for your precious help

upss sorry a bug.. setup updated

try now...
Thanks for the fix.
I'll try it later this evening, and if there are any bugs I'll post them.
Hello Catboy

It works fine !

Thank you very much.

Have a nice day.
Thks for feedback...
Thanks for feedback...

my next step is a auto redraw the gauges, when resize the window, for different resolutions.. like a cheep LCD photo monitors 7'' and connect a old pc..
Hurray!
Is it possilbe that you put a layout of elements in order like this with the black background or carbon textured one (just a suggestion)?
:bannana_g:bowdown:
Attached images
simVB.net view Example.jpg
simVB.net view Example2.jpg
Quote from silverfox1973 :Hurray!
Is it possilbe that you put a layout of elements in order like this with the black background or carbon textured one (just a suggestion)?
:bannana_g:bowdown:

ok.. thks for feedback.. i will reArrange.

the background image i working in progress..

can you post the pattern files (PNG) for include.

and fullscreen mode.. added.. minimum resolution is 800x480 (LCD 7'')
Hello again!
I've tested your client on LFS. Connecting to SimAdapter from second pc works fine. Lap times are not updating (they dont start with 00:00:00), they don't reset when I change car, temp. is not working, speed and rpm (interval 50 ms) are not as in sim, g-meter is not working, and shift light would be nice.

Keep on the good job!
Quote from silverfox1973 :Hello again!
I've tested your client on LFS. Connecting to SimAdapter from second pc works fine. Lap times are not updating (they dont start with 00:00:00), they don't reset when I change car, temp. is not working, speed and rpm (interval 50 ms) are not as in sim, g-meter is not working, and shift light would be nice.

Keep on the good job!

check if simview have same problems...
New version! new visual
New version! new visual

check my blog...
Hey , i ask Again , What it´s does the program !!!!!
Quote from Inouva :Hey , i ask Again , What it´s does the program !!!!!

well, check the sim-tools.de, this is the client for the SimAdapter app.
Hmm... sounding Interesting, but I am not able to install it

I always get an error (translated from German) sounding that the validity of this program could not be reviewed...

Here ist the log file (sorry only in German):

INFO ZUR PLATTFORMVERSION
Windows : 6.0.6001.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50727.1434
System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
dfdll.dll : 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
dfshim.dll : 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)

QUELLEN
Bereitstellungs-URL : file:///C:/Users/xxx%20xxx/Desktop/simVBnet_1016/setup/simVBNET.application
Anwendungs-URL : file:///C:/Users/xxx%20xxx/Desktop/simVBnet_1016/setup/Application%20Files/simVBNET_1_0_1_6/simVBNET.exe.manifest

IDENTITÄTEN
Bereitstellungsidentität : simVBNET.application, Version=1.0.1.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=565b5cb8fc7842c5, processorArchitecture=msil
Anwendungsidentität : simVBNET.exe, Version=1.0.1.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=565b5cb8fc7842c5, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

ZUSAMMENFASSUNG FÜR ANWENDUNG
* Installierbare Anwendung.

FEHLERZUSAMMENFASSUNG
Es folgt eine Zusammenfassung der Fehler. Details zu diesen Fehlern werden später im Protokoll aufgelistet.
* Die Aktivierung von C:\Users\xxx xxx\Desktop\simVBnet_1016\setup\simVBNET.application führte zu einer Ausnahme. Folgende Fehlermeldungen wurden entdeckt:
+ Die starke Namenssignatur ist für die Assembly 'DevExpress.Utils.v8.2.dll' ungültig.

FEHLERZUSAMMENFASSUNG FÜR DIE SPEICHERTRANSAKTION DER KOMPONENTE
Es wurde kein Transaktionsfehler festgestellt.

WARNUNGEN
Während dieses Vorgangs gab es keine Warnungen.

FORTSCHRITTSSTATUS DES VORGANGS
* [12.11.2008 10:34:45] : Die Aktivierung von C:\Users\xxx xxx\Desktop\simVBnet_1016\setup\simVBNET.application wurde gestartet.
* [12.11.2008 10:34:45] : Das Verarbeiten des Bereitstellungsmanifestes wurde erfolgreich abgeschlossen.
* [12.11.2008 10:34:45] : Die Installation der Anwendung wurde gestartet.
* [12.11.2008 10:34:45] : Das Verarbeiten des Anwendungsmanifestes wurde erfolgreich abgeschlossen.
* [12.11.2008 10:34:47] : Die Anforderung der Vertrauensstellung und die Ermittlung der Plattform sind abgeschlossen.

FEHLERDETAILS
Folgende Fehler wurden bei diesem Vorgang entdeckt.
* [12.11.2008 10:34:48] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (SignatureValidation)
- Die starke Namenssignatur ist für die Assembly 'DevExpress.Utils.v8.2.dll' ungültig.
- Quelle: System.Deployment
- Stapelüberwachung:
bei System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyStrongNameAssembly(String filePath, AssemblyManifest assemblyManifest)
bei System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.StrongNameAssemblyComponent.Verify()
bei System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyComponents()
bei System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension)
bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

DETAILS ZUR SPEICHERTRANSAKTION DER KOMPONENTE
Es sind keine Transaktionsinformationen verfügbar.

SETUP fixed..
SETUP fixed.. try...

install fonts in FONTS folder
Thank you! Working great

Have to test a bit now...

But for now I have 4 improvement suggestions:

- I would like to have the fullscreen option up to 1280x1024
- There also is a bug I guess when I swich to fullscreen it is displayes on my 1st display... But I would like to have it fullscreen on my 2nd display - the 1st is used by LFS itself
- A adjustable RPM would be nice to - thinking about the BF1 - 19000 rmp
- last for now I would suggest to stretch the graphics when switching to fullscreen - now I have the grey border around it...
Next version template
... in progress ...
Attached images
next_ver_template.jpg
Quote from Inouva :Hey , i ask Again , What it´s does the program !!!!!

ir ha simtools.. e leer!!
I'm wondering... is this only for LFS becouse in GTR evolution(Offline Version not updated) the speed is of for about 10% (when I go 60 in pit limit the program tels 56 and when i go 220 it shows 200) and I'm not shore about revs the numbers are different than gauge? Other programs SimView are OK. speed, RPM, Fuel.... Could it be that i have non Steam version?
It woud be nice if someone could confrm my findings.

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG