The online racing simulator
Looking for some entertainment in Amsterdam
(46 posts, started )
Hi.. I'm travelling to Amsterdam in two weeks (8th-13th November) and i want to ask some residents, if there's something interesting going on in these days. Of course i would like to visit some well known places (:guitarist:ernaehrun :bandit::drugs::hypnotize:faint:... ) but that wouldn't take me more than one or two days.
So i am also looking for anything, that could fill my time spent over there and where i can spend my money.

Thank you in advance.
1 word.

Shrooms!
Quote from Kid222 :Hi.. I'm travelling to Amsterdam in two weeks (8th-13th November) and i want to ask some residents, if there's something interesting going on in these days. Of course i would like to visit some well known places (:guitarist:ernaehrun :bandit::drugs::hypnotize:faint:... ) but that wouldn't take me more than one or two days.
So i am also looking for anything, that could fill my time spent over there and where i can spend my money.

Thank you in advance.

The Amsterdam Dungeon, smoke drugs, Madame Tussaud, smoke drugs, a boat trip through the canals, visit the Rijksmuseum, smoke drugs.

As you can tell, I'm not from Amsterdam.
Watch birds?
This one has to be a troll.
'De Wallen' ?
#8 - Bean0
Might be worth trying to get a ticket to an Ajax game.
The atmosphere in the Dutch grounds looks great on TV.
http://amsterdam.info/

Basically:
  • Museums
  • Canal tour (I'd recommend during the day, and only if it's not raining, as otherwise you won't see anything)
  • Parks (at least Vondelpark)
  • General strolling around and viewing the city (don't get run over by bicycles)
  • Red light district (only at night, of course. During daytime you don't even notice you're there) & general nightlife
  • Drugs. I'd at least recommend smoking some weed, even if you're a non-smoker. You don't get the chance to do this legally all to often . Are you with someone else? It's much more fun if you're not alone...
  • Since you're there longer than three days, maybe plan a day or two for visiting Den Haag and/or Utrecht, not so much for any big attractions but for the general beauty of the cities.
In general, there aren't really enough attractions to keep you busy for more than three days, especially if you skip out on the museums. When I was there we visited nearly every museum and actually stayed at each quite a while (unlike some people who just more or less run through them) and we were pretty much out of things to do on the last day - and that includes a whole day spent in Den Haag. Of course, you can always explore the depths of music while sitting stoned in a coffeeshop if you're out of ideas for something else, which is pretty much what we did on our last day :drugs:
Quote from Bean0 :Might be worth trying to get a ticket to an Ajax game.
The atmosphere in the Dutch grounds looks great on TV.

Don't! I swear

I predict a riot, I predict a riot :singer:
Red Light District FTW!!
Quote from Scrabby :Red Light District FTW!!

What the hell is going on these forums, talking about beastiality, whores and all
uhm u cant find them next to a babyshop :P
Quote from hrtburnout :What the hell is going on these forums, talking about beastiality, whores and all

Hey hey, the red light district is not really about actually using these services - oogling the ridiculously hot girls alone makes it worth your while.

Fun fact: pretty much every McDonald's I strolled by was in close vicinity to a sex shop. Look right, burgers, look left, dildos. Ooook.
Quote from AndroidXP :

Fun fact: pretty much every McDonald's I strolled by was in close vicinity to a sex shop. Look right, burgers, look left, dildos. Ooook.

logical, both made out of plastic !
Quote from AndroidXP :Fun fact: pretty much every McDonald's I strolled by was in close vicinity to a sex shop. Look right, burgers, look left, dildos. Ooook.

It's the Red Meat district.

If you're looking for a place to eat, try an Indonesian restaurant. Thanks to our colonial heritage <ahem>, you can get a pretty good Rijsttafel in Amsterdam. And if you dont like Indonesian cuisine, try one of the other 52 nationalities. (If you don't like food there is also a McDonald's.)
Yeah definitely, that's why I put *strolled by* . There aren't really many local specialities other than pannekoken (pancakes) and haring (herring). But there's lots and lots of multinational food available, so avoid anything of the fastfood crap you already know about anyway.
Just get some blonde over excited dutch chicks, they're great!
Banana Bar FTW
I like dutch cakes and they even do a mean sausage roll, bakers well placed next door to coffee shops for the inevitable munchies. Oh and I have to say that Maastricht is the prettiest Dutch city I have visited. Public transport in Holland is also very very good, there seems to be a train going anywhere you want every ten minutes.
Quote from AlienT. :I like dutch cakes and they even do a mean sausage roll, bakers well placed next door to coffee shops for the inevitable munchies.

Amen to that. Boy was i pleased to see a fantastic bakers/cake shop open at 4.00 in the morning. I spent more money in there than i did on weed.
Quote from The Moose :Amen to that. Boy was i pleased to see a fantastic bakers/cake shop open at 4.00 in the morning. I spent more money in there than i did on weed.

I heard about Spacecake, cocoa and weed in one tasty piece of cake.
I want to try it.

Ajax match also sounds good, i just found that they're playing with Rotterdam, so it could be good game with much goals.

Thanks to all for replies, didn't expected so much answers.

BTW. are there some go-kart tracks?
yeh couple big kart centers,

also try Amnesia xD
Quote from Kid222 :Ajax match also sounds good, i just found that they're playing with Rotterdam, so it could be good game with much goals.

Yes I'm sure there'll be a really friendly atmosphere between the supporters at that match for you to enjoy :fence:Feyenoord and Ajax fans are the best of friends.

(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG