The online racing simulator
Good lap times with race_1 setup (XFG/BL)
Hello,

I'm new to LFS (and racing sims with ff wheel). I know I won't be able to come anywhere near WR times for a long, long while, but I was wondering what lap times are possible with the default setups (hard track and race_1) and Bob's Easy Race Setup.

Thanks,

Klaus
Don't expect much better than 1:39xx with the default sets.
It really depends on track and car, BL1 race_1 can do a good work in XRT for example(did 1:27s there). The hardtrack set is rubbish, dont try to go on the track with it
The race_1 set seems to be reasonably good on some cars but for beginners I'd really recommend the easy race ones. Forget about the hard track setups, they're rubbish.

You may also try the setups from setupfield but they are mostly WR setups, so don't expect them to be stable, and some of them may actually not fit your driving style at all.

In conclusion I'd take the easy race ones and practice with them because once you have a setup that is reasonably well suited for a track (and the former ones fit ok to any track, IMO) it's all practice that make you faster, not a tweaked suspension that is 2mm lower. The only thing I'd adjust on the easy race setups is the gearing, but only if it's really out of whack for a certain track.
xfg/bl w hard track
AtomAnt wrote:
Quote :Don't expect much better than 1:39xx with the default sets.

yes, hard track(default) setups are bad compared to all those specially tweaked which are being used, but not SO bad

however, I've never tried that combo with default setup, so after reading this thread I gave it a go ...

1:35:84 in 4th lap although I'm considering myself a slow driver(PB 1:32:90)

Good lap times with race_1 setup (XFG/BL)
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG