The online racing simulator
G25 H-shifter problem
(8 posts, started )
G25 H-shifter problem
Hi, there.

I have been problem with h shifter gear engaging.
3th & 5th gear doesn't always engage. Most of time it happen at 3th gear.
Even though gear is in there, still it shows me N.
Especially when I downshift, it was still N. Driving me crazy.
So I have to be in it again or just press gas to engage.
Is it common g25 shifter problem?

Even though I had adjust cluch dead zone in dxtweak2, but did not work to fix this problem.

Then should I buy another shifter?

Any1 has solution to fix it?
or any suggestion?

Thanks all.
sorry for English.
As a G25 n00b, here are my 2 cents:
when you shift or downshift and you don't completely press the clutch, it may stick in N until you press the clutch fully. Try to do some slow laps shifting slowly but completely pressing down the clutch to be sure it isn't just your mistake.
I would open up the Logitech Profiler and check the settings and make sure the gears are being detected constantly as you move the shifter into third and fifth over and over and such and if it works well then I would say your having issues with your clutch or timing of pressing the clutch, or not pressing the clutch enough... If the profiler fails to detect the gears then I would say it's probably the shifter and if your G25 is under warranty you oughta get it replaced while you can.
ok my shifter, H-patern is Busted, all the top slots , act as button 12 in lfs, and all my Top slots act as Butoon 13, so i only use Sequential, now , and in sequential , top slot is button 8 and bottom slot is button 9 ,

i wanna know , befor dismentelling it, if anyone has an idea of what it could be ???

thx
OK I've got a problem.

In the Profiler, I can select all my gears, 1-6th and reverse.

In the controls section of LFS, I can selct my gears (1st is mapped to shifter 1st, 2md to 2nd and so on), I have selected shifter mode, and a clutch axis.

I can see my three pedals being seen by LFS.

When I get in my car, I cannot select any gear, the clutch works, but I stay in neutral no matter what gear is selected (LFS is getting the command for 1st, 2nd, etc but not doing it in-game!)

Any ideas guys?
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :OK I've got a problem.

In the Profiler, I can select all my gears, 1-6th and reverse.

In the controls section of LFS, I can selct my gears (1st is mapped to shifter 1st, 2md to 2nd and so on), I have selected shifter mode, and a clutch axis.

I can see my three pedals being seen by LFS.

When I get in my car, I cannot select any gear, the clutch works, but I stay in neutral no matter what gear is selected (LFS is getting the command for 1st, 2nd, etc but not doing it in-game!)

Any ideas guys?

I'm an idiot.

I was trying to H-shift an FXR, duh it's sequential.

No PMs berating my lack of awesomeness please, I know already.
Sorry, I had a chuckle though. But yea, I know what your going through -.- I've been quite irritated that I can't use my nice H-Shifter in a few of the cars : / I mean, in my opinion FXR, XRR, and UFR (or was it the XFR?) should allow H-Shifter transmissions. I mean, its only a disadvantage to have them from what I've heard - but I enjoy them more of a challenge not to mess a shift That was a good one :P
#8 - Dannz
Quote from Nicocrank :ok my shifter, H-patern is Busted, all the top slots , act as button 12 in lfs, and all my Top slots act as Butoon 13, so i only use Sequential, now , and in sequential , top slot is button 8 and bottom slot is button 9 ,

i wanna know , befor dismentelling it, if anyone has an idea of what it could be ???

thx

A similar problem occurred to me, all the top 3 slots were 5th gear, and the bottom 3 were 6th gear. After opening the shifter up and having a look around, there was a wire that had been torn off the little box that sits on the moving shifter part, which I'm thinking was hooked up to the potentiometer. I just put the wire back in and got some blu tack to hold it in place. Its been working perfectly since.

G25 H-shifter problem
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG