The online racing simulator
"Must see" Australia.
(107 posts, started )
Having a top time so far, haven't done a huge amount yet, just been trying to get rid of the jet lag!!!!, off to Melbourne early tomorrow morning, so a long drive ahead!.

Question, I have the chance to go see the Bathurst 1000, as we are taking a couple of days to see the blue mountains, so I thought it might be worthwhile doing both at once, so simple question, Bathurst 1000, worth it?
bathurst is one of the better, if not best race tracks in australia

....so if you have the opportunity, yes
Bathurst is worth more than life itself.
Quote from danowat :

Question, I have the chance to go see the Bathurst 1000, as we are taking a couple of days to see the blue mountains, so I thought it might be worthwhile doing both at once, so simple question, Bathurst 1000, worth it?

i would imagine thats like going on holiday to the artic circle and asking if its worth going outside to see the northern lights, or staying in florida and being unsure if its worth going to see a shuttle launch !
#80 - Woz
The countdown to the race has started...

I have my slab of beer ready and the TV booked for the day
Just got back from Bathurst yesterday and everything is in full swing, also I think I now hold the fastest lap time in a diesel Hilux 12 mins 40 secs
But remember the speed limit is only 60 Km/h. With 400,000 k on the clock I think the poor old diesel has seen better days had to drop down to 2nd gear going up mountain straight. Great fun though
I am shamed to report, that I won't make Bathurst, just haven't got the funds or time .

On the flipside of that, the MotoGP @ Phillip Island was AWESOME, thats some hell of a track, weather has been good up here in Sydney, was a bit pants in Melbourne last Sat, but the MotoGP was a scorcher, best weather for a long time at a MotoGP there I heard.

Lovin Aus, nice place you lot got here, not seen any nasty animals, managed to see a Koala in the wild which I was happy about .

some pics of a "great galla"
Attached images
Australia 2008 061.jpg
Australia 2008 193.jpg
Australia 2008 299.jpg
Australia 2008 399.jpg
Australia 2008 063.jpg
Australia 2008 103.jpg
Glad to see your having fun mate, it sure is a nice place. Dont you love the 12 apposels? and watch out for the tipans, brown snakes, western inland polar bears.. They can be nasty! Have fun!
Bathurst is a MUST SEE, at least go to a pub showing the race, great track and racing. If you havn't seen the V8's yet then don't miss the coverage. It's some of the best racing you'll see.

Go the Kiwi's !
I am loving ALL the cars out here, really REALLY want to drive a V8 ute or something before I go home, even toyed with the idea of buying a cheap secondhand Calais or something and selling it when we leave!!.

There are some tasty motors out here, some of the old Toranas (sp?) are awesome.

12 Apostles was a top trip out, infact the whole great ocean road is an amazing drive.
i love the ocean road. my bro had a torana, nice little v8, was so fun when he took us to school and did burnouts on the way!
Hey danowat, if you want to see a Redback Spider then just look under piles of wood, like park benches. They like to hang out in places like that.

A good way to find spiders at night is to get a decent torch and hold it up at your eye level. You'll see the eyes of spiders reflect back at you. Unless you don't like spiders, in which case it can be disturbing to see how many there are around you.
I love spiders, stay away from the red backs and the white tails... i got bitten by a white tail and it hurt and went all infected and pussy and yuck.... Look ander things like wheelie bins, or in your bed, or in your clothes, or on your floor. Thats where i find them most of the time.
I'll keep a wide berth of anything like that then, off to the reptile park, thats the only place I wanna see anything like that.
mate while your down here Rent a Dirtbike (Preferably 250) and go to Louee near Gosford and Get to tear around out there. Through my 15 Years of living in Australia (Almost 16) Never been bitten by a Spider or a snake, Altho I have had plenty of broken bones .
Back now, long haul flights aren't natural!!!!.

Feel really knackered, landed Tues morn @ 5:30am, was back to work the next day, and I still feel like a ghost.

Aus was awesome, really top place, managed to get to Bathurst, hell thats some track, did many laps round there in the hire car, in the wet, lots of fun, also went to the museum, WOW, some beautiful cars.

Can post a video of my Bathurst lap and photos of the museaum if people are interested
Quote from danowat :
Can post a video of my Bathurst lap and photos of the museaum if people are interested

Of course we are interested!
The video should be quite amusing, because my missus is driving, and I am going, "sharp corner here", "brake, brake, BRAKE"!!!!!

It looks really slow cause the speed limit is 60km/h, so one lap takes about 10mins LOL.

I'll compress the vid and get it uploaded somewhere, and sort some piccies of the musueam out too.
glad you enjoyed your stay, i didnt run into you once!
It's a big place dude!!!!
you came to frankston didnt u?
Yup, stayed at the BW, got a solvaki at the take away near the traffic lights, went to the Thai resturant outside the Mall.

Went to the beach and saw some hoons jumping off this big shed thing, one of them wasn't you was it!!!!
ummmm... no? *coller pull* god, i live bout 2 mins drive from there! you should of got on LFS forums and giving me a whoi, i could've been down there! *Hey mum, im going down to frankston to meet i guy i dont even know apart from on the internet. all i know is that hes from england, plays LFS and his name is Dan Watson, Cya mum!"
Lol, we were only in Frankston for a couple of days, we went to the Dandenongs one day, then the Sunday we drove down to Stoney point to get the ferry over to Phillip Island to watch the MotoGP
Dandenongs are cool, how cool is the stoney point ride? speaking of which, im getting the HMAS Tobruk http://www.navy.gov.au/HMAS_Tobruk from stoney point to portsea!! going to be awesome

"Must see" Australia.
(107 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG