The online racing simulator
Cant Set The Native Resolution!
(6 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
I have a Xerox XM3-22wB 22" screen with a native resolution of 1680*1050 - ever since I took my PC apart the display was screwy, it started off outputting 1600*1200 thinking it was my native resolution, and only by enabling resolutions that the monitor may not support have I got 1680*1050 back in windows - now that I start LFS up the only options I have are all wrong and even forcing the right resolution through the CFG file haven't worked.

I've tried adding a custom resolution using the nVidia Control Panel but it just says "Test Failed" when I click "Ok".

What can I do? Are their any monitor drivers for my monitor?
Usually PnP monitors need drivers. They only need them if there are custom stuff involved. try Driver cleaner and start fresh install. I recommend getting the latest (177.89/177.83). You can find modded drivers from guru3d forums or usual places because .89 isn't supported in vista x86-64... yet. Same situation happened to me once With my 17" and 22" in dual view and 17" one can't be set the native because the driver screwed up.

EDIT: link to driver- http://downloads.guru3d.com/Ge ... 64-bit-download-2032.html
Hello,i have a Nvidia gforce 7600 gt graphics card.& have just reformatted my computer!!
problem is i reinstalled driver version 178.24 an cant get my display coulor any higher than 4 bit coulor ---->This is frustrating coz i cant even open LFS,let alone play......well its hard just reading what im writing now....dfgdgg,lol

i tryed older versions of driver an still no change to my display!?
I tryed all the driver links in patch Y14 thread dont know where to turn

im running a AMD64 Athlon.....

Funny thing if i uninstall driver i get 32 bit coulor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..BUT STILL CANT PLAY LFS!!

has anyone a solution??? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next step-----Sledge hammer & pair safty glasses.....
Quote from Blackknight555 : i reinstalled driver version 178.24 an cant get my display coulor any higher than 4 bit coulor

Try the drivers that came with your card - they will work 100%.
If not then there is either something wrong with your OS installation
or with your GFX card.
Quote from BBO@BSR :Try the drivers that came with your card - they will work 100%.
If not then there is either something wrong with your OS installation
or with your GFX card.

I had it working fine 5 hrs ago,300 fps!! had to reformat coz of win32/backdoor_trojen....

and no sorry i dont have my cards driver disc....

do u know of any links to drivers/ driver cleaners so i can start again??
Blonde Moment!!
Feel free to poke,point and laugh!!

I found out why this was happening...

NOTICE!! never try an play lfs before installing service pack 2!!!
you will never get it to run....

As i said above,i tryed to install graphics drivers an could not get above 800x600 on 4 bit coulor display.Because the xp drivers that come with service pack1 for windows is the problem!!!

Thank F*$k thats sorted....

Thanks too all that took time to read/reply 2 my post plee...

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG