The online racing simulator
Hamilton Replica Helmet
(110 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :Anything you don't declare (within reason - i.e. new tyres etc wouldn't matter, but a new headunit may for example) will void your insurance.

I would be careful what rubber you stick on without at least checking with your insurer.
Quote from Jakg :Anything you don't declare (within reason - i.e. new tyres etc wouldn't matter, but a new headunit may for example) will void your insurance.

Basically anything that adds significant value to your car. If you get aftermarket alloy wheels, an exhaust stick on thing from halfords, or something like that, then you could probbably get away without it.

If you stick a bodykit, turbo and NAWZZZZ on your ride then you probbably should declare that!
Everything I do to my car will be insured. It's not just 17 year olds who modify cars with body kits and so on. People in their 20s, 30s modify cars.
Basically, if you have a prang in your motor, the insurance company will take a report on your car. If there is any single thing in the report that they would class as a modification that needed declaring that you didn't declare (tires don't make any difference, so long as you have at least four of them!), they will try to nullify your insurance.

It's one of the multitude of ways the thieving bastages make money from you, so for the sake of your pocket in the long run, declare every thing, regardless of how trivial it might be
On the topic of thieving bastards - the insurance companies pay out so much in fraudulent claims (e.g. small prank in a car park that damages the bumper, but somehow a new spare wheel is thrown into the claim [okay, so it's a crap example, but hopefully you get what I mean]) that to make ends meet they have to pay out as little as possible in every other case.

If people were honest with the insurance companies I'd bet that they'd be a little fairer with us - even if that is just lower premiums.

Another moronic mistake by people who don't understand what insurance is, is to think that because you've paid for it you have a right to claim for anything you can think of. It doesn't work like that - you pay 'just in case', you don't claim 'to get what you've paid for back'. A subtle, but important difference.
Quote :that to make ends meet they have to pay out as little as possible in every other case

Sadly, very true. In 2007 there was 10,504,000 net written premiums, 8,146,000 net claims, accounting to an underwriting result of -£263,000,000.

I guess my premiums make me angry, because I'm one of the few that hasn't taken advantage of his insurance payouts
Moar semi-interesting motor insurance related stats (see attached image).

However, this probably only proves that men have more spectacular accidents than women
Attached images
lolmen.png
Quote from dawguk :Moar semi-interesting motor insurance related stats (see attached image).

However, this probably only proves that men have more spectacular accidents than women

It's most likely the woman causing the men to crash lol.
Women have all the bumps and grinds, men have the head on collisions with trees at 90mph
#110 - AMB
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I came off mine yesterday, was distracted by some girl with huge tits walking the other way, decided to rev while braking to make it sound like i had gears so it wasn't so pathetic. ANYWAY my rear wheel locked up as i went over the dreaded white lines and i crash to the floor turn around and the girl didn't even notice i think if she saw me it would be best to play dead and get some mouth to mouth but no joy. big scrape down the side of the bike and a bruised ego

lol, typical.

Hamilton Replica Helmet
(110 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG