The online racing simulator
Are team orders legal now in F1?
(32 posts, started )
Quote from Mustafur :Not since it was adopted.

Ok, I kind of figured that. It seems like the rule is just there so teams have to try to make it look convincing. Of course you can't write a rule that essentially says, "ignore this rule, but make it look good."
Quote from thisnameistaken :There was also that business with Coulthard and Hackynun in Australia. That upset quite a few people IIRC.

That wasn't a team order as such, more of a gentleman's agreement as to whoever got into T1 first will be allowed to win the race (if I mind the Mclarens were 1/2 with DC on pole)
Quote from Forbin :I've never seen anything like this in motorcycle racing (e.g. MotoGP). Teamwork just never really comes into play on the track. In the garage, some data may be exchanged between the two sides of a garage, but once they get out on the track, it's every man for himself.

Dani Pedrosa and Nicky Hayden - Valencia 2006. Dani let him blow past - partly team orders and partly because he took him out at the previous GP.
Its a TEAM sport.
I'd be expecting that if raikonnen got in front of hamilton that raik would slow down, making hamilton loose time, while massa would happily go pit.
Well, it would be in a red car, so I can't see this being disallowed!
#31 - Gunn
Quote from dawguk :In the past, when this sort of thing has happened, it HAS caused a scandal. Let's not forget, we're crying out for consistency here, so let's not pretend that we should expect anything less from ANY press, let alone the British.

It only caused a scandal when the British press got tired of seeing Ferrari and the great Michael Schumacher win again and again and again.

Take a long hard look at the F1 press, they mostly thrive on negativity and drama. Good racing is boring for them to report about. They want to see human beings being dragged down and kicked for whatever reason. Backstabbing whiners, the lot of them. The F1 magazines are full of hype and false drama, live commentary is often polluted with wild speculation and bias. It's getting difficult to enjoy the media coverage these days while there's a bunch of dicks running around trying to start personal and political fires just so they've got something 'newsworthy' to publish.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Dani Pedrosa and Nicky Hayden - Valencia 2006. Dani let him blow past - partly team orders and partly because he took him out at the previous GP.

I saw Dani take out Nicky at Estoril that year and heard Puig's recent comments about Dani helping Nicky for the rest of the season as a result of the incident, I just didn't recall seeing Dani doing anything out of the ordinary to do so. I think that circumstance is a bit different from what we've seen in F1, though, however silly it may still be.

Are team orders legal now in F1?
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG