The online racing simulator
Round 12 Post-Race Discussion and Penalties and Results
Waiting for replay to see what happend in T1 but meh losing connection is really getting on my nerves and I'll try to fix this crap again...
Crazyy's bro here. I am backing up everything and reformatting to make sure it's not a hardware issue. I've tried everything and the computer refuses to boot using anything but the vista default graphics drivers or in safe mode. Hopefully I won't have to call up EVGA, the card is only a year old.
Quote from evilpimp :Waiting for replay to see what happend in T1 but meh losing connection is really getting on my nerves and I'll try to fix this crap again...

I suppose it was eventually filo's fault. Sorry if im wrong. He didnt left yo place when you went in T1, he probably started too late. I was suprised that green came so early so i slept at start a abit as well He closed your driving line, but before corned you were concurrently in First corner. You were nudged a bit from right but Hibex was too close too stop and spinned you raelly quickly. Same happened in back but cars spinned nad flew in the air rather game engine problem, everything bounces like hell

Btw, Hibex almost crashed me in T3 after SC when i had too cold tires, it were really centimeters before spinning me too. Again I'm the lucky one
Is there an online place where i can watch the replay, like the one that we had last week? I wanna hear the commentary too (btw, i can do that now, bought a new computer mike today )

Was the race good? I heard TC-R got another 4 points from F.Levick, and that there were 3 safety cars, and from what i can deduce, chaos into turn one (understandable, that first shicane type bit is an absolute bugger)
Tough race and unlikely podium!

Congrats to Wiz for a dominant performance. We were close in qual but I wasnt on the ball in race here compared to when we raced the reverse configuration, although at least I finished this time! It wasnt for want of trying not to tho, had a few moments!

Got a good start and kept infront of the T1 carnage, my own carnage started under the subsequent safety car! Saw Wiz warming tyres on back straight and thought I should copy him but on cold tyres over the crest on the straight the car went light and I went onto the grass and into a spin. Five 360's and no contact later I rejoined in 4th wondering if I could retake my postions given i kept going (presumed not but worth asking). Over the SF line I reached over to KB to press T to ask only to realize I had pressed I (Ignition key!) and turned the bloody engine off! No starter motor in these things.

FRO are still in a close battle for the team title so a couple of DNFs in the race and Id be back in the points which could be crucial. After checking with Admin if it was OK to restart from pits I did and caught the pack behind the safety car a full lap down, as did M.Leahey behind me who I was now racing for position. We were 11th and 12th at this point I believe.

After the restart I was in quite a difficult position. I was technically a lap down on the guys infront but was racing the guy behind me so I had to go for it and overtake otherwise Id get overtaken. Getting past these guys put me into blue flag situations which isnt good but given my pace I had to press on as at one point Leahey got by me whilst I was being cautious unlapping myself. Ill have to check the replay but there was some good battles in there and before the next long SC period I was upto 6th somehow and had unlapped myself of everyone but the leader.

After the final safety car was deployed Wiz made a second stop to repair damage I believe. This allowed me to fully unlap myself as his long stop meant he rejoined behind the safety car that I got by. This gave me a free flying lap to catch up AGAIN and was onto the lead lap

Whilst catching up Roby got a puncture promoting me to 5th within a shout of a podium On the restart amidst some lapped cars the guys infront made mistakes in the hairpins on cold tyres allowing me to nip through for a crucial 6 points. Braking early and staying tight in the hairpins paid off afterall!

With 10 laps to go in third I was catching Hibex as Wiz pulled away again. My RR susp was accumulating heavy damage and close to collapsing so decided to manage that and secure the best result possible for the team which we did
Yeah, I almost had a good race with you there but I had to make sure I didn't get caught up in Wolf's slip stream and ended up losing too much speed so I got passed by you and then Roby. After that, you were gone. Oh, and very nice pass going into that right hander before the corkscrew.

Shame about turn 1 because my set actually felt good for once. Had some of the worst suspension damage I've ever gotten. But hey, I scored points after being a lap down so I guess I'm lucky.

-ps- I'll send out those interview questions to the top 3 later tonight.
ahhh, the interviews gotta love em

Any chance of a race and commentary vid like last rounds? (Sorry to bug you, but it was good last week )
Quote from wOoOzZy :Yeah, I almost had a good race with you there but I had to make sure I didn't get caught up in Wolf's slip stream and ended up losing too much speed so I got passed by you and then Roby. After that, you were gone. Oh, and very nice pass going into that right hander before the corkscrew.

Shame about turn 1 because my set actually felt good for once. Had some of the worst suspension damage I've ever gotten. But hey, I scored points after being a lap down so I guess I'm lucky.

-ps- I'll send out those interview questions to the top 3 later tonight.

Is the nice pass referring to me overtaking wolf? :P I felt inspired after i did it XD
I actually meant that toward taylor =P. On lap 29 (i only now realize that i was under a blue flag) =x

Also, can we have confirmation on whether or not we have a livestream with commentary that will be posted later?
Quote from wOoOzZy :I actually meant that toward taylor =P. On lap 29 (i only now realize that i was under a blue flag) =x

Also, can we have confirmation on whether or not we have a livestream with commentary that will be posted later?

That's hyntty's deal - bug him. :-D
Lol, ok, i'll set my puppy on him :P

In the mean time, how can i get the 7zip to work? my PC doesn't seem to like it :/
Actually I think we should post the schedule of the series, not like i'm going to disappear in the next few weeks. I'll also upload last nights broadcast, just need to cut it a little bit. Oh and for god's sake, someone wake up Michael. There doesn't appear to be much commentary this time, only little

Oh and Davidos, http://www.7-zip.org
i'll do commentary for the next race if you want

And thanks hyntty (for both)

woah hoa, chaos into turn one, although the highlight of the first few laps was the safety car flying off
Estimated time left: 51 min 19 sec
Transfer rate: 81.6 KB/s

dontcha just hate computers?
I'm feared to hear me commentate in the last laps, after I had to retire
-
(Garfild12) DELETED by Garfild12
WIsniewski sounds hilarious for me Polish is a hard language and pronouncing is ussually impossible Well done at commenting, hope your gonna do next one as well, but plz speak bit lauder especially when you have onboard camera. It doesn't seem hard to learn but being a commentator is quite a brave job i think.
Commentary was really good, surprised that someone knew I used to race for PRT. Also the first time I've heard someone say my last name right the first try.
Is it Leh-vick

or something different?
Quote from Davidos93 :Is it Leh-vick

or something different?

Well some people say the the Leh to quick so it turns out as say Livick so it sounds like they are putting emphasis on the vick part.
oneGP F1 Post Race Interview

• Wisniewski - Congratulations on yet another victory. On top of that, you continued your 100% victory ratio in races that you've finished and claimed second place in the points championship by 7 points.
Q: This seemed like a fairly uneventful race for you. There was no point in which you lost the lead, apart from the necessary pit stop. So there's no much to ask you except.. what's your secret? =)

"
Btw, its not that easy to win every time participating, especially when Taylor and Filo are behind ;]. Taylor is really someone you dont want to have behind you for 38 laps, I know how regular he was in the Aston North Rev config, when I made some mistakes and he overtook me. I also worried if they will not repair damage so i started to go like hell to create 14 sec lead in 38 laps. Fortunate it was 14 sec in almost 18 laps xd. I even managed to repair twice so i could go as I wanted. Bloody track anyway, again suspension was a big problem ;/.

Back to the question
; Its hard to have any events while being first, its just about keeping pressure and high racing tempo. And there really was place when i could loose it, probably Eriksson saw me flying through the grass, after SC tires were soo cold, I felt over and over, he didn't make any mistakes and just get closer. For a moment he got under my slipstream so there was opportunity to overtake me. But as they got hotter I made some 28's to make things straight :dopey:
But my secret is good people around with good setups, because I'm noobish at them ;/"

Q: In your opinion, what was the most difficult part of the race?

"In whole event it was qualy; definitely. I had to hold pressure in last measured lap, it was really hard because my previous pb was 1:26:60; I'm happy the way it ended.

Apart from that, every time SC was gone, and tires were cold as ice, i struggled a lot and almost lost it at lap 3 when for example Filo shoot out in fast corner, and i was only 10 cm from grass at the same time. It would be much more interesting if Taylor and Felix didn't make that easy mistakes.

Last thing for Deko, SC were to often on track at really not that “dangerous” situations. Filo's crash looked pretty nasty but he ended in a v safe place, where it was impossible to hit him while going to wide. And last neutralization caused by Falkenberg was also rather safe I think, anyway you must be more careful m8 plz "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Eriksson - Your race was also fairly uneventful after you, quite luckily, made it through the first turn chaos. Congrats on a well driven race and a deserved second place.
"Yes, the start was interesting to say the least. There was only some minor suspension damage which was pretty amazing. After that the race was as you said fairly uneventful with Paul and Felix making mistakes and Wisniewski going off in the distance. I tried to put pressure on him during the restarts but I could not get close enough. Overall, it was a pretty good result for the team. Paul gave me a great set and then made a great comeback in the race."

Q: You were unchallenged for almost the whole race until the last safety car left the track. Was the pressure of having Taylor so close getting to you?

"Not too much. The car was feeling pretty good at that point, so it was more a matter of not making any major mistakes and to keep the pace up."

"Definitely the restarts. The car is always a bit unpredictable when the tires are cold and on this track it is very easy to make mistakes."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Taylor - Unarguably, you had the toughest race of the day. You came from a lap down to finish third. That moves you up four spots in the drivers championship to 4th. Well done.
Q: You seemed to accumulate a heavy amount of damage to your right rear suspension towards the end of the race. Did that effect the handling of your car or was it more minor than the data led on?

"It didn't affect the handling of the car at all it just affected my approach to the curbs and the corkscrew where I eased off near the end of the race. The damage there was 50% at my pit stop so it was always going to be close but had I repaired at pit stop I wouldn't have unlapped myself and probably only achieved 6th at best."

"Driving slowly behind the safety car and attempting to keep tyres warm!"

Q: And one more bonus question for you to clarify to those who didn't hear. What exactly happened that caused you to go a lap down in the first few laps? I believe this is a first for oneGP.

"Haha, lets just say I'm going to unbind the ignition function from the I key before the next race "

:That's the end of the round 12 interviews. Looking forward to the next race November 1st for 38 laps at WE1. Should be interesting due to a chicane and corkscrew that will definitely cause some issues.
Oo, love WE1, might ask if i can race :P

Nice interviews
hello,

it was my second race in the oneGP F1 series and i'm really surprised about the action. How can i driver who was shown blue flags finish third? Nothing against P.Taylor but he fights with C.Barnick under blue flag. C. Barnick goes out of the track. Second he overtaken other drivers under blue flags like J. Roby (goes also out of the track) and me (T.Wolf).
For me the situations yesterday had a bad taste.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG