The online racing simulator
Mosley wants action to 'save' F1
(67 posts, started )
#51 - SamH
There's no way Ferrari would put anything but a Ferrari engine in their car, so there's no point in wondering if anyone but Ferrari will win Bernie's engine tender.
Quote from 5haz :Firstly, Bruce Mclaren is a bit dead, and so is Ken tyrell.

which is completely missing the point

Quote :Variety (when not restricted, like the last 10 years), makes for exciting racing.

because the time before that was so incredibly exciting?

Quote :Enzo Ferrari always prided himself in that he had his own engines built, he'll be turning in his grave!

id guess hes still doing a good 80rpm from when they named that minger of a car after him

Quote :They might as well just get a load of GP2 cars and slap some bigger engines on the back of them, so that is your idea of a good future for F1?

if it gets rid of the manufacturers to open up a future for a free f1 led by teams of racing enthusiasts instead of marketing nincompoops bring it on
I think I can understand what Max think about

all we know, we will have turbo, heat engery recover system(HERS?) & a higher power KERS in 2013
2 HERS will supply around 200ps hoursepower continuously, not only for power booste

As what we know now, Turbo & two "E.R.Systems" are not include in the "one Formula engine" rule. that means the only ways to make the cars have higher power of manufacturer is Turbo & the E.R.Systems. So, the most effective car will be the winner.
Quote from SamH :There's no way Ferrari would put anything but a Ferrari engine in their car, so there's no point in wondering if anyone but Ferrari will win Bernie's engine tender.

More than any other marque Ferrari can get away with it because they also build the car, Mercedese on the other hand are going to have a problem as the "Engine Partner" of McLaren.

Though Ferrari, being an F1 team with their own engine design and development team, does kinda provide the perfect platform for a open blueprint engine. Which is what they're talking about...

Although there's a fair chance this deal is a bluff, i'd not put it past the FIA for the deal to have already been done before the contract was tendered.

These days it's hard to put anything past the FIA. At least with politicians lie to you and pretend not to do anything the wrong, the FIA doesnt even bother covering the evidence !
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :While that is not a bad thing, nor should it be totally discouraged, lets face it F1 is starting to struggle amongst the current climate, however if this does come in I would feel that F1 looses a little bit of prestige.

Yup, there are only two options: 1. F1 goes for spec format 2. F1 dies because of current climate.

Oh wait, but they're still spending 50 millions on motorhomes!
i prefer to keep the system, let it kill off the works teams or w/e then we will be back to the 80s(hell yeah).
No human show me.....
Because I'm not a human?
#58 - 5haz
Quote from Shotglass :
because the time before that was so incredibly exciting?

Certainly better than now.

Quote from Shotglass :if it gets rid of the manufacturers to open up a future for a free f1 led by teams of racing enthusiasts instead of marketing nincompoops bring it on

It will cause a field of about 5 teams and very little overtaking as nobody is allowed to get any power advantage through engine development, and Aero rules are so restrictive anyway that all the cars will look the same. They're basicaly taking away the thing that makes F1 more popular than A1GP.

Not only that but the tracks will still be dull.

Basically a bigger version of GP2.

There are other, less stupid ways to cut costs.
Quote from 5haz :Certainly better than now.

so tell me then when this magic time of constant overtaking was
theres a reason why a now almost 30 year old 2 minute clip is still worshipped by f1 fans... its the only properly exciting thing that has happened since f1 appeared on tv

Quote :It will cause a field of about 5 teams and very little overtaking as nobody is allowed to get any power advantage through engine development

thanks to the way qualifying works any power advantage makes racing less exciting

Quote :They're basicaly taking away the thing that makes F1 more popular than A1GP.

the thing that makes f1 more exciting is that theyve somehow managed to market it as the pinacle of motorsports which it never really was and certainly hasnt been ever since theyve been racing on those farcical tyres

Quote :Basically a bigger version of GP2.

which from an overtaking perspective offers a lot more excitement than f1 even in its currenty thanks to relative parity fairly exciting form
R.I.P F1... What's next? Same engines, same cars? Bullshit.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :R.I.P F1... What's next? Same engines, same cars? Bullshit.

But the hybrid system is not the same
imagine that if all the money they spend in chassis , Aerodynamic & engine now move to hybrid system, what will it be?
250ps from engine & 550ps hoursepower from engery recover system is possible~~~~~
#62 - 5haz
Quote from Shotglass :so tell me then when this magic time of constant overtaking was
theres a reason why a now almost 30 year old 2 minute clip is still worshipped by f1 fans... its the only properly exciting thing that has happened since f1 appeared on tv

I never said there was constant overtaking, just that there was at least some overtaking, not drivers being stuck behind others such as at Singapore and Spain this year, stop putting words into my mouth.

Quote from Shotglass :
thanks to the way qualifying works any power advantage makes racing less exciting

Power advantage makes teams strive to catch up with whoever has the power advantage, this is one part of racing that used to be exciting, e.g. CAN-AM when Mclaren and Shadow were constantly coming up with ever madder ideas to keep up with Porsches Turbopanza.

Quote from Shotglass :
the thing that makes f1 more exciting is that theyve somehow managed to market it as the pinacle of motorsports which it never really was and certainly hasnt been ever since theyve been racing on those farcical tyres

So your saying that a grid of about 8 cars racing on flat, dull Tilkedromes in the middle of the desert in cars that might as well all be the same will make things better?

Quote from Shotglass :
which from an overtaking perspective offers a lot more excitement than f1 even in its currenty thanks to relative parity fairly exciting form

Why dont we all follow GP2 then? In GP2 there are no Teams or Drivers with any heritage or reputation, theres no character and individuality, all the teams are just 'blah blah racing', they're nothing like the likes of Ferrari.

I find nothing exciting about identical cars driving round carparks in the desert being run by boring 2nd rate teams. Plus from what i've seen, GP2 drivers are only exciting beacuse they crash into eachother a lot.
Quote from 5haz :I never said there was constant overtaking, just that there was at least some overtaking, not drivers being stuck behind others such as at Singapore and Spain this year, stop putting words into my mouth.

both rubbish track design which has very little to do with the cars

Quote :Power advantage makes teams strive to catch up with whoever has the power advantage, this is one part of racing that used to be exciting, e.g. CAN-AM when Mclaren and Shadow were constantly coming up with ever madder ideas to keep up with Porsches Turbopanza.

sounds very exciting to watch as a car get slightly less rubbish every 2 weeks

Quote :So your saying that a grid of about 8 cars racing on flat, dull Tilkedromes in the middle of the desert in cars that might as well all be the same will make things better?

better how? you somehow seem to have this insane notion that f1 was a properly exciting sport at some point... it never was

Quote :Plus from what i've seen, GP2 drivers are only exciting beacuse they crash into eachother a lot.

arent you a hamilton fan? wheres the difference?
#64 - 5haz
Quote from Shotglass :arent you a hamilton fan? wheres the difference?

You seem to have this insane notion that all English people are Hamilton fans.

Quote from Shotglass :
sounds very exciting to watch as a car get slightly less rubbish every 2 weeks

What about back 20-30-40 years, where some teams would start the season with an entirely different car? and at some races cars would turn up sporting something completely different (fan cars, ground effect etc), nowadays its the same year after year.

Quote from Shotglass :
better how? you somehow seem to have this insane notion that f1 was a properly exciting sport at some point... it never was?

I never said that F1 was mega exciting, it was just quite a bit more interesting than it is now. It was more interesting becasue every so often there was an interesting battle for the lead, and the cars did look a bit more different to eachother, and most importantly,race results were decided on track, not off track by stewards. The tracks were also a bit more challenging and fearsome.

Cas have trouble overtaking at the moment because they're so dependant on aero that they cant get close enought to eachother, having identical engine performance wont help either.

I think F1 was exciting and interesting many many years ago, I think its a bit cynical and ignorant to say its always been crap, it seems that you only ever think about the last 20 years, which have steadily got more crap.

If F1 was always boring, then why does it still exist? Champ car was boring, and that didn't last too long, F1 is still going after 58 years.
The fact that all these cars have had 100s of millions spent on them and endless hours of testing and wind tunel testing and they are still within a second of eachother is impressive enough.
-
(5haz) DELETED by 5haz
#66 - 5haz
Ferrari to review participation in F1 over standard engines
http://www.f1technical.net/news/10911

First the FIA start throwing their weight around with standard engines, and now the teams reply.

It'll be interesting to see wether the FIA back down or not, it's pretty safe to say that if Ferrari leave F1 it will be a major blow to the sport.

Mosley wants action to 'save' F1
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG