The online racing simulator
Fuel Strategy
(4 posts, started )
Fuel Strategy
Tomorow I am gonna enter the first endurance race of the Israeli LFS Racers.
The race is about 2 Hours and I cant come up with a fuel strategy that I like.
can you help?
Try to finish the race without pitting. If you have to pit, do it only once. You can carry enough fuel to finish the race in 1 stint. If your tyres don't last a whole race, however, do 1 pitstop when they're worn out. 2 pitstops is always slower, apparently.

I'll also refer to this thread which might be of interest to you.
^ Yep, what he said. A two hour race on Blackwood is about 75 laps, but the XFG has the fuel capacity for about 90 laps. A no-stop strategy would be possible if you can make the tyres last - I'd take about 85% fuel for that.

To determine what pit/fuel strategy is best, you have to first assess what a pitstop costs you (how much time you lose compared to a normal lap). Then you have to find out (by lots of testing) how much faster you actually are with a lower fuel load and not having to be as careful with the tyres. Then the question basically looks like "am I faster with 80% fuel and careful driving, or two times 40% fuel + time lost at a pitstop?"

You also have to consider that a pitstop generally breaks the flow / your concentration and is a risk in itself, as you could get a drive-through if you're not careful enough. Additionally to that, if you drive a no-stopper at 98% of race pace to preserve the tyres you'll most likely have less accidents compared to driving at 102% at a one-stopper, where you're always pressured to be as fast as possible to make up for the time lost at the pitstop. As a bonus, usually not trying to drive fast makes you end up with faster laptimes than when actively pushing it
WOW thanks very much. My decision for now is one stop. I Now I am going to test my times with full tank. I expect the time with full tank to be at least 1.35.80 , if it won't be like that , I am going to choose two stop.

Fuel Strategy
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG