The online racing simulator
Installed New PSU - No Boot!
(65 posts, started )
#51 - Jakg
I don't have a 4-pin.

I tried a 6-pin (as it fit) but it did not work.
Ain't the 6 pin for GFX cards? Anyway man without a 4pin or indeed 8pin plugs you are fairly stumped
Quote from Jakg :

For some odd reason this PSU has _NO_ 4-pin plugs. At all.

i think i know why the psu was going cheap. but seriously dude. i thought you could hold your own when it came to keeping a PC in running order and in the space of 2 months I've seen two (reasonably) big threads started by you asking for help about some really basic stuff. come to think of it, wasn't the solution for the BSOD a new psu. and here you are now asking for help installing a new "cheap" psu. just to let you know bud, you usually get what you pay for. buy cheap-get cheap. if i were you, I'd sack the cheap bargain of a psu and buy a proper one you probably went out to buy in the first place.
lol @ Jakg trying to defend his "investment"

Take your time and do your research next time you buy a power supply; if it doesn't come with a 4pin or 8pin connector, don't buy it, no matter how cheap it is. It took me a long while to find a couple of good power supplies for my computers, but it was worth it in the end. They have enough power, all the necessary cables, and are very quiet.
#55 - need
Looking at the cable bundle for this PSU, you should have a pair of 4-pin plugs for the cpu, the pair should clip together to create an 8-pin plug.
If this isn't present, then you should be returning the PSU.

picture of the cable bundle for this PSU
#56 - Jakg
The FX700 is a different PSU - for a start the cables are sheathed on that, whereas they are not on this.

All I can do is see if I can get the cable from work, if not then buy one.
Quote from Jakg :The FX700 is a different PSU - for a start the cables are sheathed on that, whereas they are not on this.

All I can do is see if I can get the cable from work, if not then buy one.

Man alive Jakg 54 posts for you to realise you need to get a new cable

I posted a link for that in the 3rd post
#58 - Jakg
I knew i needed a new cable I just hoped perhaps there was some way of getting round it.

Unforunately it seems that not even PC Wank sell them so i'm back where I started ordering a cable from eBay.
Quote from garph :Man alive Jakg 54 posts for you to realise you need to get a new cable

I posted a link for that in the 3rd post

Epic lol!
#60 - Jakg
Well the cable fixed it (no surprise there), but i broke the US -> UK adaptor I need for one of my reserators so I have to wait for a new transformer to arrive before I can get things working
Quote from Jakg :Well the cable fixed it (no surprise there), but i broke the US -> UK adaptor I need for one of my reserators so I have to wait for a new transformer to arrive before I can get things working

What cable did you buy Jakg?
#62 - Jakg
Molex -> 8-Pin
#64 - Jakg
Transformer arrived - everything boots fine (no time to stress test atm).

PSU runs nice and cool though.
#65 - CSU1

IT's ARRIVED ! ! !

yer, nother 60 pages on a friggen stress test

Installed New PSU - No Boot!
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG