The online racing simulator
More Tracks...
(30 posts, started )
#26 - Jakg
Quote from Vain :I love it how a 200hp car can easily keep up to a 400hp car in big parts of the track even though both drivers get the best out of their cars.

or how a van can seem to pwn everyone, that is, if it is in the proper hands...
Indeed - watching someone pull away from you at 2 seconds per sector (long sectors) will cause a lot of crashes as people overstep the mark, in either short races (one lap, myabe two) or endurance races. On shorter tracks people only have 1 second or less per LAP and find it hard to restrain themselves from over driving...

I think the nurburgring would be a great hotlapping tool, and a great comparison of cars to reality, but as an improvement to racing online it'd be mostly a step backwards...

Of course if someone wants to make a good version for LFS when the dev kit is released (if the dev kit allows tracks creation), perhaps copying a good version, say GT4's or Project Gotham 3's but NOT copying a GPL import, then it would be a good thing to do then, but only if the quality per meter is as high or higher than LFS's own tracks.
#28 - ste_
I really don't care for more tracks at the moment. I'm far from being a master on any of them in the few cars I like driving, so there's still plenty for me to learn!

But I will say that Westhill needs some work. It feels very sparse, hard to take some corners or reearn the track in new cars because there's so few landmarks to judge things from. And there's only one layout. It's a pretty good track but it definitely needs pepped up and some other layouts added to it to bring it up to the standards of the other tracks.
Quote from tristancliffe :Of course if someone wants to make a good version for LFS when the dev kit is released (if the dev kit allows tracks creation), perhaps copying a good version, say GT4's or Project Gotham 3's but NOT copying a GPL import, then it would be a good thing to do then, but only if the quality per meter is as high or higher than LFS's own tracks.

If the GT4 version would be possible to convert it would have been done already...

Quote from ste_ :But I will say that Westhill needs some work. It feels very sparse, hard to take some corners or reearn the track in new cars because there's so few landmarks to judge things from.

Westhill is supposed to be kind of oldie style track but I agree that it's not graphically up to KY GP/BL GP.
I like Westhill's older-style layout, but I agree a few more billboards or stands (or something) would add to the atmosphere.

More Tracks...
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG