The online racing simulator
IndyCar Series 2009
(15 posts, started )
IndyCar Series 2009
Well the schedule stands... hmmm... it is out for several weeks, but now seems fixed, as the US TV contracts and everything has been published.

http://www.indycar.com/schedule/images/09schedule-map.jpg

I'm kinda shocked about the track choice... I expected they would add Mexico City and Surfers Paradise at least, because something in that direction was said over the season. But now, the only former ChampCar track is Long Beach. I hoped a bit to have maybe one race in europe, maybe even to, something like Rockingham and Eurospeedway (because it is IndyCar not ChampCar) but nothing, no move to another continent, if you exclude the Firestone 300 @ Twin Ring Motegi. The races at Texas, Richmond, Kentucky and Chicagoland will be night races.

At least I hope to see it a bit more present in European media.
I guess it could be worse. But even as an American and an avid F1 fan, this new series isn't looking too interesting for me. I might watch a couple of the road courses.

hey should return to their successful road course roots. Where's Elkhart Lake? Or Mid-Ohio? Why not VIR instead of Richmond? Portland's road course was decent. What about Road Atlanta? Laguna Seca? Cleveland's airport circuit was interesting.

The huge superspeedway ovals would be better than short ovals. Michigan Int'l Speedway and California Speedway were good in the late 90s and generally give very close racing.
The CART schedule was the best IMO, portland, cleveland, and those fast tracks with loads of action. I seriously miss those years (when i began to see CART (99-2002))
Good balance between oval and circuits. But I would really liked to see Elkhart or portland
No Mont Tremblant? Laguna? Elkhart?

At least Toronto, Infineon and Mid-O are back... still.. I hate this "new" series. I want Champ Car back.
Quote from maggot :no Mont Tremblant? Laguna? Elkhart?

At Least Toronto, Infineon And Mid-o Are Back... Still.. I Hate This "new" Series. I Want Champ Car Back.

Never!! Indy Forever!!!!111111
If Mr. Eclestone succeeds, do you think Tony George could think of getting the free racing event on the circuit Gilles Villeneuve?
why don't they come to china......
night race on street in Hong Kong will very interesting........
Probably at the Shanghai GP circuit

What I'm most interested in next season is how NASCAR driver Stanton Barrett would do. Dont have much expectations for him considering that he wasn't even impressive in NASCAR. But this still calls for an interesting watch
If IRL want to expand (as they could) I've always wondered why they couldn't have an eastern conference and a western conference (east going to Japan and far east with west going to Europe) if there were enough cars.
IndyCar does race in the East but they only race in Motegi. They should probably include Zhuhai, Shanghai, and Suzuka into their schedule.

As for Europe, IndyCar can very well race there without breaking their oval tradition with Eurospeedway or UK Rockingham.
They will leave AUS in 09............

Motegi will be the on;y non US/Can circuit
Quote from lizardfolk :IndyCar does race in the East but they only race in Motegi. They should probably include Zhuhai, Shanghai, and Suzuka into their schedule.

As for Europe, IndyCar can very well race there without breaking their oval tradition with Eurospeedway or UK Rockingham.

And they could also go to South Africa: Phasaki Freeway also have got an oval track too bad the Oval of Jacarepagua in Brazil doesn't exist any more... xD

what's with Puebla Oval xD
Quote from TFalke55 : If Mr. Eclestone succeeds, do you think Tony George could think of getting the free racing event on the circuit Gilles Villeneuve?

IRL+ALMS event could be great.
yeah sure... a bit european style: a 2h/200mi race for the IndyCars and a 3h or so ALMS race. (during CCWS times there was the combo ChampCars+GrandAm)
I also would love them to see on the Indy Roadcourse together...

IndyCar Series 2009
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG