The online racing simulator
#1 - maczo
Cant to connect to one host, while other people can
Hi,
this is really strange - there is one online server to which I cannot connect - I get "Did not receive track info". I can go and drive on just any other random server but not this one. At the same time other people can connect to the server, no problems at all. What could be the reason?
(I use the Win XP firewall, but let LFS connect)

edit: can someone please rename the thread..? that is an embarrasing lack of grammar
#2 - filur
Quote from maczo :"Did not receive track info".

Happens when you're banned i think, or perhaps when the server simply does not respond.
#3 - maczo
Quote from filur :Happens when you're banned i think

Haha, never actually thought about that. This could be some seriously valuable advice, as I had some "misunderstandings" with one of the persons responsible for the server
Thanks
#4 - SamH
I believe that if you're banned, you get the message "server refused connection", rather than "did not receive guest info".

The guest info message happens (iirc) usually when there is either a router problem and/or your network interface card has managed to inherit a second external IP. The problem seems acute for people with AOL as their ISP, if I recall, but it's not limited to them. Either way, it's usually not a problem at the server end.

I'm assuming you're on XP (I don't think a NIC can have 2 IPs on 98.. could be wrong)

[EDIT] TRACK info.. misread that. Hmm.. might be the same problem though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG