The online racing simulator
LFS Server Control - Race Director
(79 posts, started )
is it possible to have another button for the admin like: "start safetycar period" in which
1) a fcy is displayed
2) pits are closed until the leader is behind the pacecar (can also be admin triggered)
3) open pits
4) give out "green next time by" command (again admin triggered)
5) gives a stop and go penalty to the ai pacecar (so it goes to pitroad next time)
6) restarts the race after a random period of time after the pacecar crosses pit entrance
7) send pacecar to spectate
Quote from Fischfix :is it possible to have another button for the admin like: "start safetycar period" in which
1) a fcy is displayed

i don't understand what a "fcy" is
Quote :
2) pits are closed until the leader is behind the pacecar (can also be admin triggered)

there's already a button to close and open the pits
Quote :
3) open pits

same as above
Quote :
4) give out "green next time by" command (again admin triggered)

DWB, from IGTC admin team, came up with an ingenious way to do that, just rename the red flag options to do that exact thing.
Quote :
5) gives a stop and go penalty to the ai pacecar (so it goes to pitroad next time)
6) restarts the race after a random period of time after the pacecar crosses pit entrance
7) send pacecar to spectate

these three, i don't understand what you are doing. first, why are you using an ai pacecar? and why would it be necessary to restart the race after you just did the pacecar lap? seems pretty redundant.

in a nut shell, this program was only to help out those admins who are permanent admins/marshals on the server, plus a human driven SC.

so, 2-4 are handled for you, the rest i don't understand.
ok i explain it a bit closer:

1) fcy means full course yellow or caution, which is possible already with the yellow flag button but i forgot to write: add an ai driver as pacecar with the command /ai

i want to use an ai driver as pacecar, as it is reliable and does not make errors. i had lots of races in the past with human pacecar drivers and to be honest, a lot of problems occurred this way, as humans make errors or which is the biggest problem: do not show up for a league race.

so now 5) 6) 7) make more sense
with "restart" i do not mean restart of the race from the grid but a rolling start the pacecar goes to the pits and a green flag is displayed at the same moment the pacecar crosses pit entrance

so actually all i would need is a new button: "send pacecar out", "send pacecar in" (maybe "spec pacecar") and "green flag"
ok after i've tested the latest version:

is it possible to block the pitlane completely? i mean when i give out a "pitlane closed" command, cars only will get a penalty on the pit exit but not when entering pits. i just need the oposite. give out a penalty when someone is entering the pitlane.
To the maker of this app..

ur a star!! fantastic app, just up my street... thanks for making it..

can i add you to msn to discuss any improvements and prices?

like a flag system. not just for the pitlane.. but a black flag system.. or black and white..

[email protected]

ur a star thanks!

BTCC - Gizmo
Update to the program. Additions are detailed in the first post. Been a while since i've looked at this one.
Quote from burnsy1882 :Update to the program. Additions are detailed in the first post. Been a while since i've looked at this one.

Nice updates !

Will download and use on my events this coming weekend.

This application has been a tremendous help to administration of races. The racers all seem to appreciate seeing the thing without it being overridden by LFS spamming Blue Flag.

Many thanks, again, and I look forward to the new updates and using them

d
Sounding very well!

But I have a question:

Do I have to run this program on my machine at home or is it possible to directly start it on the server (like the lapper) and activate it by a special command?

Is it possible to run your program together with lapper or will there be a confilct with the insim ports?

And a improvement option I alo have / or better would like to have:

The program should be able to give penalties if someone overtakes under safety car or full course yellow...

Is this possible?
Quote from Crady :Do I have to run this program on my machine at home or is it possible to directly start it on the server (like the lapper) and activate it by a special command?

Personally, I run this on my local machine, and connect ot the server. If you host your own (i.e. control the box itself) I think you can run it, but with a hosting company, such as 500servers, maybe not. Not sure on that.

Quote from Crady :Is it possible to run your program together with lapper or will there be a confilct with the insim ports?

I've run this, Lapper, LFSMail, LFSStats, and Marco Mark's Grid Order App all at once without problem - I believe InSim can handle up to 8 connections on the one port.

d
Quote from Crady :
Do I have to run this program on my machine at home or is it possible to directly start it on the server (like the lapper) and activate it by a special command?

yes, you just upload it to your server and start it. if you have 500servers, ask the admins to upload it, and they'll put a link to it on your control panel.

the other question was already answered by dekojester.
Well I do have a question and wanna ask here first, as you've done a great great job here.

It would be a cool addition. In our next season(s) we think of having Time Limits. The bad thing is that LFS does not support it the way we want it to have.
My Idea is that you can insert a number of minutes into a part of the screen during $ovalAdmin-Screen. This number shall be the minutes to go. But it would not be helpful if it starts counting down from the nativ LFS start as flying starts might be used. Now you start this clock and it ticks down (this could be showed by a big green "START" as msg and screen message)...when it reaches the mark 0min 0sec it should make the command "/laps=[LapOfTheLeadingCar]" or maybe even "/laps=[LapOfTheLeadingCar + x]" (as some reallife racing serieses use a timelimit + x additional laps.)
It would be great if the time wich is left can be displayed like the Track and Pit Status in a button in the top right/left corner of the screen.

What do you think? is something like this possible?
I just installed this app on our server to test. I like it a lot. BUT. I can't get the F1 timing to work. Everything else is working ... the yellow flag warnings, the flags, pitlane status etc. Only the timing system does not seem to be working. nothing comes up when I type $best, and the split times are not displaying.

What am I doing wrong?
Quote from vicbel :I just installed this app on our server to test. I like it a lot. BUT. I can't get the F1 timing to work. Everything else is working ... the yellow flag warnings, the flags, pitlane status etc. Only the timing system does not seem to be working. nothing comes up when I type $best, and the split times are not displaying.

What am I doing wrong?

This is the Race Director system. The F1 Timing System is a completely different program. Download it, and you can run the two programs at the same time.

EDIT: In fact, I haven't even published the F1 Timing System. Where'd you see that running apart from LOTA and CoRe servers?
Ok, Will do however I have to point out that the help.txt on the .zip file of the RaceDirector refers to the F1 timing system. That's why I thought it was also part of the package. My fault.

Edit to my edit: I just saw your reply about the F1 system. (not published)
Oh, sorry. That file is for you to replace the text in. The $help command reads that help file, and is there for any user on your system to type in to find out what the program is for. So, customize that file however you see fit.
Sorry to sound thick, but which of the 3 downloads is the latest version
Quote from Mikjen :Sorry to sound thick, but which of the 3 downloads is the latest version

The one with the bigger number . The one that says IGTC has different rules in place in it that was asked by the IGTC admins. Grab the one that doesn't say IGTC.
Ok thanks

Its not for me, im just running a server for someone
Couple of questins/suggestions:

1. Are there any commands to raise the yellow flag and perform the other tasks via the chat ($Yellow for example)

2. What is the config item in the file to activate the yellow flag alert? What is the command in-game?

3. What is the command to activate/deactivate the hard core quali in-game?

thanks.
Quote from vicbel :Couple of questins/suggestions:

1. Are there any commands to raise the yellow flag and perform the other tasks via the chat ($Yellow for example)

No, the only commands as far as chat goes are $pits, $admin, and $sc.

Quote from vicbel : 2. What is the config item in the file to activate the yellow flag alert? What is the command in-game?

Yellow flag alert? You mean the command that a racer sends that basically says help me? That would be $sc. Otherwise, if you mean the menu in game that you click on the buttons for green, yellow, red flags, then it's in the config.ini file, you can change it to whatever you want it to be.

Quote from vicbel : 3. What is the command to activate/deactivate the hard core quali in-game?

thanks.

That option was only added because it was requested by IGTC, but if you would like to use it, type $admin to get to the admin menu, and there'll be a button to turn it off and on.
Hi I've updated my server this evening with patch Z25
and we had a practice race this evening ..
But we did not have blue/yellow flag warnings anymore.
Especially the yellow one's are very dangerous not to have them.

LFS Lapper was offline
Race director online.. ( http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=40857 )

Is it possible this is due to Race Director and the new patch ??
Quote from hanzime :Hi I've updated my server this evening with patch Z25
and we had a practice race this evening ..
But we did not have blue/yellow flag warnings anymore.
Especially the yellow one's are very dangerous not to have them.

LFS Lapper was offline
Race director online.. ( http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=40857 )

Is it possible this is due to Race Director and the new patch ??

was /cruise=yes ? If so that turns off blue and yellow flags iirc.

d
It is possible to launch a IA car with a slow setup as a Safety Car, in any moment of race and send to pit lane in any moment?

If yes, how?
Quote from Napalm Candy :It is possible to launch a IA car with a slow setup as a Safety Car, in any moment of race and send to pit lane in any moment?

If yes, how?

/ai

Have selected "yes" for "AI Use player setup" and "AI use player colours"

Then /spec AI 1 or whatever it is named.

Although I would extremely recommend a human operator for the safety car, as it can avoid an incident if it's on track (an AI cannot afaik), and can hustle to catch leader if needed etc.
1) you dont put $ovaladmin you can change the simbol to like ! in config file
2) its not $ovaladmin its $admin commands i found:

$admin
$Pit
$best
$Output
$on/off

And thats about it hope this helped and the other's was right there hardly any buttons on screen accept open/closed or green/yellow/red and i got them up by editing something from config file

LFS Server Control - Race Director
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG