The online racing simulator
since when looks mean something? actually guy doesn't look asian at all. and where is hot babe???
ah, i saw it now.
well, maybe he's shy.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :All aspects of LFS must be covered. I think I'll also be trying drifting!

Can't believe I did it again, I clicked and watched, knowing fullwell what is bound to happen. This time I thought "it might be different, a LFS guy doing the report", but no. You failed more miserably than SRT guys ever did, at least they reported something about the actual races in LFS, and what did you do.. report about a in game setup app (which is ok and usefull) and then about a LFS movie? A LFS MOVIE?! Just a great job. VERY informative. Let's cover cruising in the next report, in detail, IN DETAIL please.
Quote from scipy :Can't believe I did it again, I clicked and watched, knowing fullwell what is bound to happen. This time I thought "it might be different, a LFS guy doing the report", but no. You failed more miserably than SRT guys ever did, at least they reported something about the actual races in LFS, and what did you do.. report about a in game setup app (which is ok and usefull) and then about a LFS movie? A LFS MOVIE?! Just a great job. VERY informative. Let's cover cruising in the next report, in detail, IN DETAIL please.

Okay, you didn't like it - find a more social way of making your point and maybe I'll listen to you. I probably won't though.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Okay, you didn't like it - find a more social way of making your point and maybe I'll listen to you. I probably won't though.

Let's try it the civilised way. There was a Masters of Endurance event recently, which might be a good subject for Inside Sim Racing. What we've seen so far doesn't really represent LFS racing (even though that might not be your aim ), but I think it's an interesting subject

edit: And how's the LFS Forum Awards movie going?
#31 - AMB
Quote from scipy :Can't believe I did it again, I clicked and watched, knowing fullwell what is bound to happen. This time I thought "it might be different, a LFS guy doing the report", but no. You failed more miserably than SRT guys ever did, at least they reported something about the actual races in LFS, and what did you do.. report about a in game setup app (which is ok and usefull) and then about a LFS movie? A LFS MOVIE?! Just a great job. VERY informative. Let's cover cruising in the next report, in detail, IN DETAIL please.

Like to see you do better, maybe you can tell us how 'special' you are.... and how everyone needs to look at you and make you feel good.
Quote from AMB :Like to see you do better, maybe you can tell us how 'special' you are.... and how everyone needs to look at you and make you feel good.

hahahahhahahaahahahahahaha good one. I am not an attention whore though, if I was, I would prolly care a lot more what people thought of me and would act like so many of the "yes men" which just go with "great job!" posts around the forum, hoping, just hoping for your aproval.

P.S. I wasn't the one that needed to feel so special and make myself feel good that I went and bought another S2 license and tried to con my way into a top team.
Quote from hrtburnout :Let's try it the civilised way. There was a Masters of Endurance event recently, which might be a good subject for Inside Sim Racing. What we've seen so far doesn't really represent LFS racing (even though that might not be your aim ), but I think it's an interesting subject

I think the report was finished before the MoE race.

And it's not like Astra didn't ask what he should include. Maybe people should inform themselves better before talking of "failing".
Quote from hrtburnout :Let's try it the civilised way. There was a Masters of Endurance event recently, which might be a good subject for Inside Sim Racing. What we've seen so far doesn't really represent LFS racing (even though that might not be your aim ), but I think it's an interesting subject

edit: And how's the LFS Forum Awards movie going?

Quote from Mp3 Astra :And now, since SRT Live has been given the axe it will be shown in ISR 27 on Tuesday. It will also have to be shortened so the race reports won't be shown in that episode. Instead, the race reports will be in ISR 28 I imagine.

and
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Okay I'm going to put this to rest now. I'm certain that I have PM'd several members and even posted it somewhere saying that due to technical problems I was not able to do the awards video. And it will not happen.

Ouch. That was low.

Anyways, I liked the episode 27 and 28 (even though Michael wasn't featured in it? O_O) And I have posted about the MoE race and asked Michael if he could make a race report about it... That was just his first episode, I'm sure he planned on making reports for league races in the future. Plus, this was sopose to be in the live shows meaning that he had an unlimited time to talk about what he wanted and I'm sure he prepared a lot but it got cut for the final episode. Episode 29 should feature him but I still stick with the fact that I think you should be in the special reports section instead of being in the actual big episodes (unless its little parts that are kinda BIG like an interview with someone REALLY important in the sim racing world.)

And Scipy, it's his first episode and he made it quite a while ago now... (1 week or 2?)
Your way of giving him feedback is the thing that people disliked not what you said.
Quote from evilpimp :And Scipy, it's his first episode and he made it quite a while ago now... (1 week or 2?)
Your way of giving him feedback is the thing that people disliked not what you said.

Attention whore!
Quote from evilpimp :And Scipy, it's his first episode and he made it quite a while ago now... (1 week or 2?)

lol. I know, but it was _HE_ that decided to go into reporting and by that he is making his work _PUBLIC_ and bad comments (even evil ones like mine) are not only possible, but should be expected. I could have said "hi, good job! although, can u report about some race event next time? tnx in advance and keep up the good work!!", but the shear fact that he thought representing the "LFS comunity" by what he did, shows how far out of touch with reality he really is - so why not get a rise out of the tard with a good dose of sarcasm. If something is worth doing, it's worth doing right. I do not care enough to be the one to do it, but I do care enough to tell someone who's doing it wrong that it's complete shit.
Quote from scipy :lol. I know, but it was _HE_ that decided to go into reporting and by that he is making his work _PUBLIC_ and bad comments (even evil ones like mine) are not only possible, but should be expected. I could have said "hi, good job! although, can u report about some race event next time? tnx in advance and keep up the good work!!", but the shear fact that he thought representing the "LFS comunity" by what he did, shows how far out of touch with reality he really is - so why not get a rise out of the tard with a good dose of sarcasm. If something is worth doing, it's worth doing right. I do not care enough to be the one to do it, but I do care enough to tell someone who's doing it wrong that it's complete shit.

I did report about races - but that had to be postponed because there was not enough time, so SRT are displaying them in the next show. But I can see talking to you is like talking to a brick - you clearly already have a vendetta against SRT so my "shit" was just a fine excuse to voice your opinions. Fair game. Doesn't cut it with me.
Right.

I'm sure that if they had put everything he had prepared there would be a race report in there to please you.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I did report about races - but that had to be postponed because there was not enough time, so SRT are displaying them in the next show. But I can see talking to you is like talking to a brick - you clearly already have a vendetta against SRT so my "shit" was just a fine excuse to voice your opinions. Fair game. You sound like an idiot.

There is no scenario in the world where reporting about a LFS movie where a rocket launching facility is on the South City circut takes PRIORITY over reporting about something like mmmmm, A RACE, cause it's a RACING SIMULATOR. I sound like a bastard, not like an idiot - there's a difference.

P.S. I dont have anything against SRT, I'm sure their reporting about leagues and races they participate in and know inside and out is more than satisfying to people in those leagues. LFS never quite got there, something that you could've changed. I will stop feeding the troll now, last post.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I did report about races - but that had to be postponed because there was not enough time, so SRT are displaying them in the next show.

Quote from scipy :There is no scenario in the world where reporting about a LFS movie where a rocket launching facility is on the South City circut takes PRIORITY over reporting about something like mmmmm, A RACE, cause it's a RACING SIMULATOR.

Are you blind? That sentence is in the post you quoted yourself.

I wonder who the troll is.
The simple fact of the matter is: According to the producers of SRT, race reports do not attract as many viewers as other reports with more variety. Reason? What Scipy said. It's only really satisfying to those who are actually in the leagues - to everybody else it doesn't mean very much. In order to increase the audience and the appeal, news that could actually affect or entertain people takes higher priority than race reports.
I have to agree with scipy, although you could have expressed your opinion in a nicer way

Fox's movie is great, but it doesn't represent LFS racing. I think the reason you put it in was because it is something that you are interested in. It would of been ok in later episodes, but not the feature of your first attempt.

Id like to see real race reports of the big LFS events, so others can see how competitive LFS really is. We need to draw more of a audience to LFS, i cant see how a fictional LFS movie will do that.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I did report about races - but that had to be postponed because there was not enough time, so SRT are displaying them in the next show.

Quote from zeugnimod :

Thanks for pointing that out. It seems people skip over that particular quote.

Anyway, the race reports will be shown but since they're over a month old they will be quite old news. But hey, the public gets what the public wants...

My reports are not just about the game, but about different aspects of the community, something I've already mentioned elsewhere in my other thread. I think that viewers who haven't played LFS will probably be quite interested in seeing that there are some nice gadgets going for it, and that the community produces some top-quality movies. I might be wrong, of course.

I agree, but that is out of his control. He has done his part, which is make the report. And Shaun and Darin decided to cut it into peices and feature bits by bits so that the episodes are not super long 2 hour movies.

Edit : =/ Always someone to post something almost the same before me.
I actually got excited in the begging, thought i would see some league report or something like that and instead I saw the lousiest video(Sorry to who ever made it but it is) ever which has nothing do with how lfs looks.If I was someone that don't know what lfs is and I had watched that episode I would never get bothered testing that game.

Seriously dude there are plenty of great videos out there and you choose that one?!?!

Dont get me wrong Astra, your doing great work for the community, and you have some very interesting ideas.

And hey, its a damn sight better than anything i could pull off!

Dont let this beat you down, constructive criticism is a good thing!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG