The online racing simulator
Inside Sim Racing #27 is up now !
Our first epsiode that includes Michael Passingham (Mp3 Astra) doing a special LFS only segment. He did a great job and we can't wait to have more LFS coverage from him..

We have it up now at You Tube, Blip and soon will be airing on our Mogulus channel. All can be located here..

www.insidesimracing.tv

Also.. come vote on our poll to determine the time we will air our new episodes.

Darin Gangi
SRT Media
#2 - J@tko
Watched it - great as always.
Nice nice, and you can thank me if you win a copy of GTR Evo... maybe.
We all liked it a lot @ 3id
Quote from r4ptor :We all liked it a lot @ 3id

Well it was deserved, SiG is pretty cool!

I'm currently testing out cruise servers for a report later this year...
#6 - J@tko
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Well it was deserved, SiG is pretty cool!

!!!
Quote from J@tko :!!!

All aspects of LFS must be covered. I think I'll also be trying drifting!
Well done there, good luck in the future with it!
Great episode, but I'm left wondering how much money you got to plug Race Driver Grid. Perhaps I have misunderstood the aims of SRT and Inside Sim Racing, because covering Race Driver Grid seems more like plugging a mainstream popular arcade racer than giving people an insight into the niche of sim racing, and giving small games with small budgets the advertising they deserve.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Well it was deserved, SiG is pretty cool!

Please don't... I'd be embarrased to be a part of the LFS community

:massivelyhugesafetywink:
Man... That Jessica really has a huge rack!

Great show
Quote from obsolum :Man... That Jessica really has a huge rack!

Great show

Comment of the day!

But seriuosly, I think this was another great instalment. I also like the way they are going with hiring special reporters for the different games. If they do this for other games as well (rFactor, iRacing ++) then Darin and Shaun could have more time to focus on reviews and (maybe) even have time to resurrect the live broadcasts..
First thanks for the compliments everyone.. We really like having Michael on board and are looking forward to having him with us for a long time.

$0 for "plugging" Grid.. We talked about their new cars. We talked about iRacings new cars, a real driver using Arca sim racing, etc.. Console racing took up about 1 minute of a 30 minute show.

Inside Sim Racing is about racing period in any type of simulated form.. You said the key word.. "racer".. Yes it has arcarde type physics..But..Grid has a ton of sim elements in it.. If you don't like watching that portion of the show, fast forward

One last thing.. This community of ours called sim racing, is far too small for a company like ours to remain in existance.. We had to do something to bring in more viewers and sim racers.. So far it's worked with very few complaints. I was honestly against console racers until I got one and realized how much fun you can have.. When I want my true simulated fix for racing, I jump in my sim rig

If you haven't tried a console racer, with a wheel and pedals.. maybe you should.. They are really starting to become more sim like. There's a lot of people out there that can't afford $1000 (minimum) to get started in PC racing.. For 1/2 the price, you can compete on an PS3 or XBox and race against humans.. Thats racing...It's also very plug and play friendly and a lot of people don't have the time and or patience to become competitive in our world..

Let's not jack this thread more than we have.. If you'd like to discuss this with me further, feel free to email me at darin @ insidesimracing.tv

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Great episode, but I'm left wondering how much money you got to plug Race Driver Grid. Perhaps I have misunderstood the aims of SRT and Inside Sim Racing, because covering Race Driver Grid seems more like plugging a mainstream popular arcade racer than giving people an insight into the niche of sim racing, and giving small games with small budgets the advertising they deserve.

Regarding your FFB advice: Logitech weakens the forces around the center to prevent oscillation when overall strength is set at or below 100 %... To get a more linear force, you have to set the FFB to just over 100 %, many set it to 105 %... Too high and the drivers exxegerate ever tiniest force...

I don't know who brought that up originally, and I can't find it at the moment, unfortunately...
"$1000 minimum" seems pretty high to me.

I got my PC in 2003 for $500 and have tacked stuff onto it since then, but I'd say my price is still under $1000 5 years later.

And it's not like a PS3 is that much cheaper. :P
thats only true if you know anything about pcs and can build them yourself though... ive only looked through newegg a bit but the cheapest pc with a semi decent graphics card that i could find was at around 850
Quote from DarinSRT :Let's jack this thread more

That's fair enough, I don't have anything against console racers, I am actually a big fan of Forza 2 and I own most of the racing games that have been released on the 360. I look forward to your review on Race Driver Grid, maybe you can change my mind about the game.
I must say i did like this last episode format. Michael brings up some freshness to the all thing, in his own way.
I think that giving the community some space in the show a great idea, and im looking foward for the next show.
About the "grid" game, i must confess that two mounths ago i did test my wheel and pedals on a PS3 with a friend using "Grid", and yes it is still a game but as Darin as said...it has alot of things from the sims and it was fun to play.

P.S. - ( Idea: Maybe the lfs community awards could have also a space on ISR? )

Cheers...

Fox 1977 .... or like Michael says...hehehe... Alfonso Qualhwa ( Afonso Quelhas )
More of Michael coming up on Episode 29...

Quote from FOX 1977 :I must say i did like this last episode format. Michael brings up some freshness to the all thing, in his own way.
I think that giving the community some space in the show a great idea, and im looking foward for the next show.
About the "grid" game, i must confess that two mounths ago i did test my wheel and pedals on a PS3 with a friend using "Grid", and yes it is still a game but as Darin as said...it has alot of things from the sims and it was fun to play.

Cheers...

Fox 1977 .... or like Michael says...hehehe... Alfonso Qualhwa ( Afonso Quelhas )

Quote from FOX 1977 :

Yeah I would hope so!

Cheers...

Quote :

I did not say it like that! I said Quelhas...
#21 - JJ72
meh....that whoever first professional gamer in U.S. guy is a moron.

p.s. and a nerdish asian "sim-racer".
lol.. you can say that again about Johnny Fatality.. clueless.. and claims to be the ambassador of esports. Says that sim racing isn't an esport really.. "doesn't take the strategy and reflexes of a shooter game"... LOL

The Asian kid.. actually turned a decent lap and won that processor in the long run.. He was a college student and would sim race if he could afford it.

Quote from JJ72 :meh....that whoever first professional gamer in U.S. guy is a moron.

p.s. and a nerdish asian "sim-racer".

I wish he would have accepted your invitation to race aganist you, Darin. You would have tought him a lesson, I'm sure.

In fact I think sim racing requires more stamina, coordination and reflexes than any other genre of games. Long live the sport of sim racing!
I agree, Sim racing is more of a sport than any FPS game imo.
#25 - JJ72
Quote from DarinSRT :lol.. you can say that again about Johnny Fatality.. clueless.. and claims to be the ambassador of esports. Says that sim racing isn't an esport really.. "doesn't take the strategy and reflexes of a shooter game"... LOL

You sure you won't get into trouble saying it out loud lol?

The asian kid might drives fine, but why is it again that stereotype of boring looking nerd who doesn't have the slightest interest in the hot girl next to him.....look I am asian and I sim race, and if I were there, I would at least know where to look!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG