The online racing simulator
Made my first G-tech run with my 03 Cobra
(130 posts, closed, started )
Squidhead, can you please say your opinion about that what I wrote > here < ? Especially about last paragraph. I really want to heard your opinion.
Thank you.
I'm not squidhead, but i'm going to reply nevertheless...

In regard of what you have written in your last post/paragraph... you are basically trying to find and excuse for driving too fast?

*Police officer stops you*

Officer: "You've been driving above the speed limit sir, what do you have to say about that?"

You: "Well, i have to, because there are people who would try to overtake me otherwise, which is not safe, and then there are also the drunk drivers... i'm just trying to keep things safe, that's why i'm speeding, officer!"

I'm sure he'll appreciate your logic.
Quote from Bean0 :In the UK, the Police have recently began prosecuting people based on Youtube etc footage.

Thank god this isn't the UK we're talking about. No one gives a crap about what he does in the boondocks at 3 AM.

Jakg he's been driving a hell of a lot longer than you so cut the "when you start driving" bull
ROFL.Looks like you all are angels and if someone break rules he must die in flames because someone somewhere did crash and killed someone i could only blame him if he would speeding in city full of traffic at 120mph,but he is not. And btw im one of those guys who download games,soft,movies,music... for free,everyone does it where I live and no one care that someone lose some $ because of this.
Quote from jibber :Hopefully you'll be too stupid to ever get a drivers license.

actually i already have a drving license, for my scooter they call it a driving license here in holland.
My brother died in car accident. Other than by the fact that if he'd not been moving he'd be alive, speed was not the primary cause of the accident (although the investigators never found what WAS the reason).

I used to drive far too fast most of the time. Nowadays I mostly drive at speed limits except on dual carriageways and motorways where I'm happiest between 80 and 90mph. This has more to do with my age than losing my brother.

Every now and then, when I'm in the mood and I decide that the chances of an accident are sufficiently remote (taking into account the liklihood of pedestrians, tractors, roadworks, animal life etc as best I can), and usually well after dark, I am happy to explore the outer reaches of grip on roads I know well (to the extend of having a good idea of when pedestrian activity is going to be low etc).

So yeah. Occasionally I'm wreckless on the roads and potentially with other people's lives. But they take a risk by walking near a road themselves... I'm more than happy to suffer a citizens' arrest, but you'll have to catch me first
Quote from tristancliffe :My brother died in car accident. Other than by the fact that if he'd not been moving he'd be alive, speed was not the primary cause of the accident (although the investigators never found what WAS the reason).

I used to drive far too fast most of the time. Nowadays I mostly drive at speed limits except on dual carriageways and motorways where I'm happiest between 80 and 90mph. This has more to do with my age than losing my brother.

Every now and then, when I'm in the mood and I decide that the chances of an accident are sufficiently remote (taking into account the liklihood of pedestrians, tractors, roadworks, animal life etc as best I can), and usually well after dark, I am happy to explore the outer reaches of grip on roads I know well (to the extend of having a good idea of when pedestrian activity is going to be low etc).

So yeah. Occasionally I'm wreckless on the roads and potentially with other people's lives. But they take a risk by walking near a road themselves... I'm more than happy to suffer a citizens' arrest, but you'll have to catch me first

Yeah, pretty much this.

If the road is deserted i don't really see the harm in having a bit of fun, only person you'll hurt is yourself is something goes wrong, and it was your choice to do so.
Quote from tristancliffe :

Tristan speaks sense in thread full of pomposity.

I walked past a school gate this morning. If I'd had an AK47, and my finger on the trigger, and a clear sight of some primary school aged bodies, there could have been a hell of a mess. I'd have been sad.

But I didn't, it wasn't, and no one was around. HOORAY! No dead children. BOO! We can go and have anxiety attacks about something else now...
Quote from jibber :I'm not squidhead, but i'm going to reply nevertheless...

In regard of what you have written in your last post/paragraph... you are basically trying to find and excuse for driving too fast?

*Police officer stops you*

Officer: "You've been driving above the speed limit sir, what do you have to say about that?"

You: "Well, i have to, because there are people who would try to overtake me otherwise, which is not safe, and then there are also the drunk drivers... i'm just trying to keep things safe, that's why i'm speeding, officer!"

I'm sure he'll appreciate your logic.

Main thing why I asked specially to Squidhead for reply, because he lives in same country as me, and driving culture here is bad, I just wanted to hear other Latvian opinion about that.
And, Jibber, I don't know what is in Switzerland, but here, if you are doing ~110km/h in 90 zone, and police stops you, theoretically best what they can do is write you a warning , because they have old speed-radars with +/-7km/h fault. And, if, from 20 cars on road, 17 are driving on ~110 in 90 zone, police will stop them all? No, because it is not worth.
And about drunk drivers, it's other story. I'm not talking about that my excuse of speeding can be that there can appear drunk drivers on the road, so I need to get farther from them ASAP. In this topic they was talking about that, car crashes with deadly results, is causen only by speeding/streetracing drivers, but imagine: driver who is going on ~160km/h (yes, reaction time is slower than if he would go on ~100km/h) and drunk driver who is going on ~160km/h (and his reaction is 100 times slower than, just speeding driver). If anywhere we can see a table where will be number of accidents with deadly results, caused by speeding drivers and drunk drivers, and if we compare them, I bet, you will see MAGIC things! ''OMG WTF, accidents with deadly results by drunk drivers is a lot more than just speeding drivers!!! How it can be? O_o''
Okay, I will left this discussion, tired of it.
#60 - Jakg
Quote from flymike91 :Jakg he's been driving a hell of a lot longer than you so cut the "when you start driving" bull

That was the guy who said he was 15 and had never driven a car - It's only since i've started driving have I suddenly realised that people are a hell of a lot worse drivers than i've ever noticed simply because i hadn't noticed it before.
Quote from nihil :Tristan speaks sense in thread full of pomposity.

I know it's usually the other way round, but did you have to make it sound so much like a tabloid headline?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :But if you hit them they're gunna die anyway. So what's the big deal.

Err, not necessarily. If I said you have to stand in the middle of the road, and got to choose between being hit by a car at 30mph and a car at 120mph, I know which you'd pick.

There's still a reasonable chance of not getting too seriously hurt at 30mph. 40mph plus is when things start to get really dangerous.
OP, dont listen to those moaners, you did it all very safely and for very short time.
Keep posting vids, interesting sound your car engine has.
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :OP, dont listen to those moaners, you did it all very safely and for very short time.
Keep posting vids, interesting sound your car engine has.

i agree there is nothing wrong with what he did
man, love the sound of that supercharger looks fast that thing

*not getting into the speed kills discussion*
I don't think its something very dangerous what the OP did in the video, nevertheless, not such a wise thing to do either...

What is funny however... most people in here who say it's completly ok, and that people shouldn't complain about it so much... are under 18 years old... *sight*
Yes, I'm 17. So, if I'm under 18, it immediately means that I can't drive?
Or that, young peoples can't understand risk factor, because they think, if they crashes all will be right?
Then, there appears a question: which is better driver, who can faster find a solve in dangerous situation on road?
1. 17 years old, who 2 or 3 years was driving on abandoned gravel, asphalt (snow and ice in winter) roads with old, rusty RWD's and trying to bridle that old junk on these roads. Every week driving with his parents cars, etc. But don't have license.
2. And... guy, who first time in drivers seat sits at first driving lesson in driving school, then, after 3 months have passed his test and got license.
So, which of them got better chances not-to-crash in extremal situation on road? Number two, only because that he got license and he is older?
You are asking the wrong question.

The question should be "Which one is better at not getting into dangerous situations (in traffic) in the first place?".

Answer: Both will be just as bad, because they both don't have any experience on public roads/traffic situations (which takes quite a few years to build up).
Quote from Agniz :snip

I divide driving into 2 parts

1.Car control
2.Navigating through traffic

and I know that without 2 of these together - you are a useles knob behind the wheel (just like my cousin who is great at powersliding and stuff like that but can spot a bus coming only after it has rammed his car into a lamppost...)
Quote from squidhead :I divide driving into 2 parts

1.Car control
2.Navigating through traffic

Driving on the public road has a few parts to it:

1. Anticipation
2. Anticipation
3. Concentration
4. Anticipation
5. Car control
6. Anticipation

Guess which of those is physically impossible to achieve when driving at 120mph at night?
Quote from STROBE :Driving on the public road has a few parts to it:

1. Anticipation
2. Anticipation
3. Concentration
4. Anticipation
5. Car control
6. Anticipation

Guess which of those is physically impossible to achieve when driving at 120mph at night?

Anticipation
Quote from STROBE :

Physically impossible? You are rather overstating the case for the purposes of (melo)dramatic effect.
Quote from Bob Smith :Err, not necessarily. If I said you have to stand in the middle of the road, and got to choose between being hit by a car at 30mph and a car at 120mph, I know which you'd pick.

There's still a reasonable chance of not getting too seriously hurt at 30mph. 40mph plus is when things start to get really dangerous.

Not true, if i drive against 1km/h and you fall of a cliff and the car explodes and you get crushed etc.. u die to
So, this G-tech deserves a whole thread to itself?

weird. I really dont care about that thing in your car But your car really is awesome, even without that G-tech
Quote from Bob Smith :Err, not necessarily. If I said you have to stand in the middle of the road, and got to choose between being hit by a car at 30mph and a car at 120mph, I know which you'd pick.

:sadbanana
This thread is closed

Made my first G-tech run with my 03 Cobra
(130 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG