The online racing simulator
Made my first G-tech run with my 03 Cobra
(130 posts, closed, started )
#26 - Jakg
I think the point is that in Europe most of our roads are narrow and windy, however in America there a hell of a lot more direct. On my route to School (and work) I can only think of one area where it would be safe to go over 80 and thats on a dual carriageway - whereas there is NOTHING on that road and it's dead straight.
Quote from hrtburnout :He didn't race through a shopping mall or the city center. It was a deserted highway at night. There's no-one to kill but yourself.

I agree
Quote from Jakg :I think the point is that in Europe most of our roads are narrow and windy, however in America there a hell of a lot more direct. On my route to School (and work) I can only think of one area where it would be safe to go over 80 and that's on a dual carriageway - whereas there is NOTHING on that road and it's dead straight.

I think this is why Europeans think so much differently on the topic of speeding compared to Americans. We have a lot more open stretches of roads, as well as straight highways with cement barriers on all sides no where near residential areas. On this side of the ocean, it is uncommon to find someone following the speed limits locally. If you are driving under 40 in a 25 mph zone, expect to have a few cars on your bumper. I respect those who died in traffic accidents, but that doesn't mean your grief will change someone morally.

Rammstein, nice car! I am looking forward to an update when you get that new supercharger in.
seems a sweet motor there cant say ive heard of the device thingy ma bober :P

(may as well join in the debate of this post to xD )

All of yous moaning "A*****E" and such tell me... have you ever been in a car OVER the national speed limit... you most probablly have. The car he is in and where he is driving at has NOTHING to do with what the original topic is about. It does my head in, cant people make a post WITHOUT mumping anymore? seriously guys keep on topic and think about if youv ever done what hes doing...

ill openly admit im a 15yo whos only ever sat in a passengers seat on public roads flame if you will that i dont know jack. but im not fussed ive sat in a car at 140mph it was a deserted dual carraige way at 1am in the morning. Much the same as this guy, and tbh there aint nothing wrong with it if you want to risk your life doing silly things then so be it.

and all those saying "you can kill someone" how many people cross a 4lane freeway at night? and you can kill someone at 30mph :S

my 2cents on this topic
#30 - Jakg
You can kill someone at 30 mph, but you have a hell of a lot less chance of avoiding them when your doing 120.
this is true Jakg but when you think it about it as a whole... its still gonna result in death if you do :S
#32 - Jakg
I know, but I'm just explaining why it's dangerous.

Once you start to drive you realise that you've never actually paid attention to the road properly, and you start to notice a HELL of a lot more people who can't drive for shit and drive in dangerous ways
Quote from Jakg :You can kill someone at 30 mph, but you have a hell of a lot less chance of avoiding them when your doing 120.

Quote from Joe93 :and all those saying "you can kill someone" how many people cross a 4lane freeway at night?

i understand you fully there Jakg my experience of roads is LFS and the odd bit of TDU xD, hence why i said im only 15 and dont really know :P

anyway cmon guys try and get back on topic
#35 - Jakg
Quote from Mikkel Petersen :

I know he's right, but at the same the faster you go, the more dangerous it gets exponentially - i.e. if your wheels broke (my Dad has literally had the wheels brake off a car before) you would be stuffed at 120 MPH and you could well roll with the energy involved, whereas at 30 you might not even hit anything.
Have I sped over the national limit, yes, I was also dam immature and a moron. I have since changed my habits, and that was one of the hardest habits I've ever broke. I very rarely speed more than 5mph over unless its simply cause I hadn't been on the brakes enough. I am generally 3mph above or below the speed limits. On my bike it's a bit different I am still practicing throttle control on my bike since I got it this year; seems the damn thing is a little touchy about going from 40 to 60mph when I am aiming to stay around 50... However I've only had the bike for a few months so this will come with time...

Open road or not there are hundreds of things that could go wrong at any moment. A car could be parked on the side your driving at with no lights on due to a dead battery, by the time you see the reflections and notice what it is its far too late. That car could have had someone changing the tire. It's not whining, its a subject that too many people think they are above, as I once did. There are places built for the thrill, and I do not support excessive speeding on the public road, especially when one is going out of their way to brag about such activities.

And how many people cross the a four-lane freeway at night, more than you'd think actually, at least in some areas, and even driving the speed limit that can be more than scary. Granted those that are crossing the road are idiots in the first place. There is still a lot of potential for other vehicles around not to mention many other possibilities. The point is anything above 20mph over the speed limit for whatever purpose is plain stupidity, I've been there and don't plan on being there again. I really hope 90% of the world learns this lesson without taking out innocent people, or themselves in the process.
Quote from squidhead :You should comment on that when you see death caused by reckless driving in person... or even worse - a death of a closest friend (like I did) or a relative.... when you see THAT - I'd like you to say "Big deal, he just went 200 kph for a few seconds"
It's not that I wish you to see that (oh no, I'm not THAT much of a bastard), I'd like you to imagine a situation like that.... (By that I mean, take a seat, and imagine somebody dear to you being broken in pieces by a streetracer's car). Think about it...

This will not solve anything. I know it's upsetting to loose a friend, but nothing you say will stop him/her (Sorry I cba to find out) speeding. even if your going 60 mph you can still die instantly same with 30 mph or even 10 mph. Cars are dangerous we all know that. You have more chance of being killed in alot more ways than just cars. I know i'm rambling now so i'll be short.

Ignore these "stupid" people and enjoy your life. I would bring up the point about everyone having been a speeder at some time or another, But thats been braught up already and you seem to be some godly freak of a man who has never commited a cardinal sin.

Well good day I hope you don't want me to be brutally killed to death.........or maybe even worse................................

*EDIT* Oh and sorry didn't mean to pick on you, but your response caught my retnas.
Quote from Jakg :You can kill someone at 30 mph, but you have a hell of a lot less chance of avoiding them when your doing 120.

But if you hit them they're gunna die anyway. So what's the big deal.
Thread gone flop.

Now, tell me what the heck G-tech is
G-Attack suspension.

It's probbably a computer system or something.
G force meter that records acceleration etc. I read somewhere that they weren't very good though? And that the iPhone app that does the same thing is more reliable. That said I don't know what model G-tech they were using.
Quote from G!NhO :awhh stupid people that always say "OMG its so dangerous, you can kill somebody with that speed on public roads!" just need to shut the f*ck up!! IMO

You won't say it when someone kills your friend.
Quote from pb32000 :G force meter that records acceleration etc. I read somewhere that they weren't very good though? And that the iPhone app that does the same thing is more reliable. That said I don't know what model G-tech they were using.

Well you've heard wrong.
Those G-Tech systems can be very accurate. You just have to config them right (ie. weight of the car) and have a good straight road, with no up or downhills.

Many have told it have gotten the HP almost exactly right, by judging of how the car performed on dyno.
Also on quarter mile, surprisingly accurate, maybe just ~0.1 seconds wrong.
Some of you are blowing this way out of proportion, I don't do this on a daily basis, and I drove 40 miles to a place I knew was safe. There is NO traffic and absolutely no pedestrians on the road there, it's illegal. Besides, my visibility is much better than you guys assume. And no, I don't street race, this is something I wanted to do when I got the G-tech, and my local airstrip was out of the question. This spot I choose to do this is entirely unknown by anyone.

The hills on each side are high as hell, and the north bound section is more than 100 meters away through thick woods. Trust me, it's very safe to go 0-121 and back down. To cruise at 120 for miles at a time, that's stupid,and I wouldnt do it. Whatever, if you wanna hate, hate, I took every precaution, and it was 3:30 am, and there's NEVER traffic there, and it's miles from where you might find peds around...

You guys act like I just drive down ****ing main st like this...

Quote from Lateralus :Public roads? Go to hell you inconsiderate ****. You should have your license revoked.

I did it extremly safely, who the hell is gonna cross a median that's over 100m wide with a 40 foot hill, 30 miles from town? I speed for about 13-16 seconds, that's it, in the middle of nowhere. You don't know anything about what I did, and you should watch your mouth, jealous pussy.

Nice internet ego there buddy.
Quote from NitroNitrous :Go to a twisty road, drag is for pussies

This car is actualy setup for the track, don't be so presumptuous. It has a racing suspension and brakes, and a little weight reduction, and unlike other mustangs, the 03/04 Cobra have an IRS, not a live axle. I've had it at pocono raceway, and plan to spend a lot of time there. This was the first time I'd driven it on the road like this, to test the G-tech..
Quote from Jakg :I know he's right, but at the same the faster you go, the more dangerous it gets exponentially - i.e. if your wheels broke (my Dad has literally had the wheels brake off a car before) you would be stuffed at 120 MPH and you could well roll with the energy involved, whereas at 30 you might not even hit anything.

I have Z-rated Pirelli P Zero Nero tires, I don't excpect to ever get a blowout, I use them on every car I own.

As for others, this was only to test the G-tech, it's not like I'm out there every night doing this...

There is absolutely no way there'd be a pedestrian crossing the road where I was, in the middle of nowhere, it makes no sense, and I have brembo brakes, dunno that would help any, but with my custom lights I think I'd see them and be able to avoid them, it's not a caddilac, it's a Cobra, IT CAN TURN.

I spend all my time at the track, god forbid I drive well out of my way to test this G-tech I just bought. Too many haters here.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Thread gone flop.

Now, tell me what the heck G-tech is

A G-tech is a device, when setup properly, can tell you your HP, 1/4 time, 0-60 time, etc etc. In the video you'll see mine sitting on the dash. With these things it's very important you get the weight right, basically if you set it up right, it will give accurate info. It's very nice if you don't want to go to the track each time you make a modification to the car.
But that's not what I got it for, I prefer to compete at the track, I like going on friday nights and eatin up the imports.
Quote from DHRammstein :I have Z-rated Pirelli P Zero Nero tires, I don't excpect to ever get a blowout

Sometimes I think that removing the warning labels would kill the entire population of the United States in a matter of days...

Explaining what I have in mind - P Zero Nero is just a tire.... it's not Michelin PAX Run Flat tire, nor is it P Zero the Hero (stupidest name ever) run flat tire...

Now... when we got that covered the shocking truth that you seem to have no idea about

Sharp objects exist!
Sounds like the road you chose is a prime area for wildlife to unexpectedly appear in front of you as well.

If you are going to do these things (which you are...your a bloke with a quick car), just don't expect everyone else to think 'Oh cool' when you boast about it online.

In the UK, the Police have recently began prosecuting people based on Youtube etc footage.
A lot of (more responsible) car forums now remove any videos of 1/4 miles, tope speed runs etc unless they are 100% obvious that a strip/track has been used.
Quote from G!NhO :awhh stupid people that always say "OMG its so dangerous, you can kill somebody with that speed on public roads!" just need to shut the f*ck up!! IMO

Hopefully you'll be too stupid to ever get a drivers license.
This thread is closed

Made my first G-tech run with my 03 Cobra
(130 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG