The online racing simulator
Tires and clutch warms in a unrealistic way
hello,

I would like to know if this unrealistic stoking(fire chamber) is going to be to correct?
The devs are aware that the heating model is not finished - it's a WIP, after all. Nevertheless, it would be a lot more helpful if you'd give a bit more detail other than saying "it's wrong." Some specific examples would be nice.
Agreed with Android.
The clutch is realistic tbh but not the tires to it's max but hey, nothing can be 100% perfect.
"nitrogen using in tyres"
wich it was like before
there should be more tollerance in the clutch for road going cars than the GTR/ single seater cars..
I have to say that the clutch is not really that realistic. A proper clutch IRL can take some abuse. You can't slip the clutch in a racecar like you can in a road car tho, they need a different way of usage.
But it is like that to prevent flat shifters, I think.
#8 - pipa
I never really had a problem with the clutch (g25, h shifter etc), but if you really stress the clutch, like you do in real life traffic, it gets hot way too fast.
Quote from BigPeBe :I have to say that the clutch is not really that realistic. A proper clutch IRL can take some abuse. You can't slip the clutch in a racecar like you can in a road car tho, they need a different way of usage.
But it is like that to prevent flat shifters, I think.

well actually it depends, the road car clutches ingame do heat to quickly imho but saying that racing clutches cant stand up to being sliped is wrong, because of the carbon clutches used in the btcc for example the way the cars get of the line quickly is with alot of clutch slipping(on purpose) and they are fine
Quote from james12s :well actually it depends, the road car clutches ingame do heat to quickly imho but saying that racing clutches cant stand up to being sliped is wrong, because of the carbon clutches used in the btcc for example the way the cars get of the line quickly is with alot of clutch slipping(on purpose) and they are fine

That's exactly what I was saying, I just wasn't so precise.
As far as the clutch goes, I think it's been mentioned multiple times in the past that it's mostly an issue with the automatic clutch being overzealous and it shows up more with longer gears where it finds it necessary to slip for extended periods of time.
Agreed with xaotik.
If you experience clutch overheating:
0) Do not flatshift
1) Check your gear ratios, 1st gear probably too long
2) Autoclutch kills - assign a button clutch as well and use it when necessary. For example when you spin with autoclutch on and do not step off the throttle the autoclutch will try to accelerate the car even if it's sliding backwards --> dead clutch.
3) Check a spr replay of your driving to see your gear shift timing, may be wrong?
Quote :That's exactly what I was saying, I just wasn't so precise.

ah ok misunderstood
All I know is, if you try to drive the RB4 normally (e.g. repeated stop and go) the clutch overheats after just a few stops. Dunno if that's normal or not, but I wouldn't think so.
What do you consider a normal takeoff? Personally I find it rather hard to do a smooth low-rev takeoff in any car in LFS, probably because the low end torque modelling isn't that great and because I'm missing the buttfeel to tell me when the clutch is gripping. The clutch heating model is definitely not perfect, but not THAT bad either.
Quote from AndroidXP :The devs are aware that the heating model is not finished - it's a WIP, after all. Nevertheless, it would be a lot more helpful if you'd give a bit more detail other than saying "it's wrong." Some specific examples would be nice.

WOW Finally, The lfs community accepted that the real world should not be changed as how things are in lfs. AND there is really something wrong with the tyre-temps in lfs.

Phew i am not crazy :elefant: Although i was more or less told so everytime i posted something simular to about the tyre-modelling(espacially about heating..) is not good although irl they are rarely having overheating issues with tyres.

I am really looking forward for the next patch, hopefully some serious issues will be solved in the next patch.
Quote from Mille Sabords :Agreed with xaotik.
2) Autoclutch kills - assign a button clutch as well and use it when necessary. For example when you spin with autoclutch on and do not step off the throttle the autoclutch will try to accelerate the car even if it's sliding backwards --> dead clutch.

In banger servers I use autoclutch, and a lot of the people there can put their clutches through a huge amount of punishment and they only over heat occasionally, people spin out all the time and get clobbered etc and most of the time, at elast in my experience even using auto clutch and auto gears (I'm a keyboard racer got no room for a proper wheel) my clutch barely goes into the red

although maybe thats just because the cars used in the banger servers (uf1 xfg xrg and xrt, fxo, rb4, fz5) are lesser powered
#18 - Woz
As a side note, If you want to see how delicate a race clutch can be you only have to look at Bathurst this year.

Tander/Scaife on pole with Tander as start driver. He messed the start, burnt the clutch and then stalled. In a later interview with Scaife he said they got lucky as the clutch came good (glaze scrubbed off) so they did not have to suffer slipping clutch all race like he has had to before.

So even a clutch made to take over 600bhp can burn and die in an instant. Just thought I should point that out

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG