The online racing simulator
G25 FFB abnormality
(8 posts, started )
G25 FFB abnormality
Just installed S2 Patch Z. While driving, and mostly after bumping into something, I sudenly get more response from the FFB. I can feel the shifting and the car losing grip. After restarting the session (race) everyting is back to "normal" and don't feel it anymore. Any ideas as to what could be causing this and am I the only one?

Thanks!

Re-installed the Lofitech profiler (and driver)
Profiler: 5.02.116
Seetings: as recomended (only FFB force on 101 and st.degrees on720)
That's not an abnormality. Bumping or crashing into a barrier can sometimes have a big effect on what you feel through the FFB, because the wheels may not be positioned correctly anymore, or the suspension damaged. That sometimes causes you to feel a lot more than you normally do. Other times it causes you to feel a lot less, as if you're driving on ice. It depends on the kind of damage your car has suffered.
^ Yep, crashes can affect the suspension geometry and by that also what you feel through the wheel. A head-on crash for example tends to make the steering very light, as the caster is reduced or even inverted. Of course this is not really realistic, because in a real car you wouldn't be able to drive any more after that kind of impact
....was to be expected
Let me put it this way. Do any of you "feel" the shifting through the gears and can you feel it in the ffb when the car loses grip, cause I mostly can not?
Depends on the car and damage. On high grip FWD cars the yank when shifting can be quite noticeable, which is caused by the steering resistance being low due to the driven front wheels, but when you shift you momentarily don't accelerate, making the FFB much stronger for a split second. There can be a similar effect if the suspension is bent and the car pulls slightly into one direction, but this pull is reversed off throttle.

"Losing grip" is a too broad term to say whether there is anything to feel or not. Locking up the front wheels while cornering? Yes, definitely feelable. Going off road? Yes. Off-power or RWD understeer? No. On-power FWD understeer? Yep. Understeer transforming to oversteer? Yes, mostly.
You shouldn't be able to feel the shift (just like you can't in reality), but you should be able to feel the grip and when you lose it, even down to tyre sidewall flex when you're sad, err experienced enough.
Quote from amfitamine :....was to be expected
Let me put it this way. Do any of you "feel" the shifting through the gears and can you feel it in the ffb when the car loses grip, cause I mostly can not?

Ya, after crashes with some cars I get that. It feels like when you let off the gas and shift the wheel jumps left or right. That is because of damage.
OK, thanks to you all for your support!
Now back to the track

G25 FFB abnormality
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG