The online racing simulator
#1 - samjh
F1 planning Mickey Mouse Grand Prix
#2 - JVL
I wonder if Montezemolo likes it. I mean the track is literally inside a circus!
#4 - HVS5b
Still, it would be an improvement over Magny Cours
I feel better about losing Canada now.
#6 - Bean0
EuroDisney, not Disneyland.

Every time there is talk of the French losing their GP this always gets mentioned.
Hasn't Bernie wanted a race here for ages ?
... why don't they just use the course, the finale of the Tour de Farce rides... okey... it would be a bit like bullriding to mannoever the F1 cars over the Champs Elysee, but definatly it would be interssting to see...

to be serious, when bernie wants to have a french grand prix near to the capital, LeMans would be the best solution... it's only 1 1/2 h away from Paris, and LeMans loves motorsport. They could extend the Bugatti circuit a bit to one of the permanent road racing course parts of the circuit de la sarthe or so, to make it more interesting.
#8 - ajp71
It is a very good potential venue, should have most of the infrastructure already in place, a good location, should have lots of space to play with and shouldn't be hampered by the usual complaints whenever motorsport gets too near to cities.

Quote from TFalke55 :
to be serious, when bernie wants to have a french grand prix near to the capital, LeMans would be the best solution... it's only 1 1/2 h away from Paris, and LeMans loves motorsport. They could extend the Bugatti circuit a bit to one of the permanent road racing course parts of the circuit de la sarthe or so, to make it more interesting.

The Bugatti circuit is incredibly dull and should never have been allowed to host a Grand Prix. LeMans already has huge traffic and logistics issues that racing enthusiasts find part of the fun but would be off putting, I doubt too many of F1's corporate sponsors and the jet set would see the fun spending the weekend in the motoring equivilent of a festival.
And the track itself would need a bit more than another set of chicanes. Excluding the permanent track, there are still mostly only couple of metres wide grass runoff and rusty half metre armcos (which is part of the magic), that doesn't meet very well with modern F1 venue safety standards.

And also organizers would probably understand eventually Bernie is going to rip them off, and once it gets dropped from the calendar they realize they have no money and they have no race because the track pretty much equals the 24 hour race.
Quote from TFalke55 :... why don't they just use the course, the finale of the Tour de Farce rides... okey... it would be a bit like bullriding to mannoever the F1 cars over the Champs Elysee, but definatly it would be interssting to see...

why bother just use the full size lemans circuit, now that would be interesting

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG