The online racing simulator
Round 11 Post-Race and Results and Protests/Penalties
Talk about it here !

d
Please investigate Lap 1 T1. May have been lag but cmon I got punted off pretty hard.

Anyways, that was crap for me. Could have qual'd 2nd but managed not to. Then getting punted off in T1 and then losing connection right after pitting. Yay!!
#3 - J@tko
Quote from evilpimp :Please investigate Lap 1 T1. May have been lag but cmon I got punted off pretty hard.

To everyone else you were stuck on the SF straight with uber lag.
Congratulations to Adam on the win. Someone please email me or upload the qual replay, I was n00b and forgot it

d
Well done all, good race, and i think the only person who i wish to report is already under investigation, but it was the lap that the safety car was deployed, i was hit off the track by K. O'Keefe, but it was probably just a racing incedent
oneGP inofficial results - 16:11, 04 Oct 2008 - Kyoto National Rev
  1. A. Wisniewski
    54:07.250
  2. D. Southword
    + 0:27.460
  3. M. Deutschel
    + 0:43.540
  4. A. Erikson
    + 0:50.990
  5. J. Roby
    + 1:11.820
  6. M. Leahy
    + 1:22.380
  7. T. Wolf
    + 1 lap
  8. K. Juhasz
    + 2 laps
  9. D. Storer
    + 2 laps
  10. T. Falkenberg
    + 3 laps
It was an epic race. However many thanks to whoever drove straight up my trumpet going into T1
#8 - AMB
Wasn't there for personal reasons, PM if you want and i'll tell you.
#9 - filo
The livesteam is saved, but I will need to cut some parts off and uploadid to, let's say blip.tv. You can expect it to be available on Monday
#11 - filo
thaks a lot!

The stream is n1
LOL
I had a crap qualifying session too. Could have been 2nd but ended up 12th o.O. And my race set was way too understeery, needed more downforce I think. But you live and learn. I'll prepare my race set a bit better next time.

Quote from AMB :Wasn't there for personal reasons, PM if you want and i'll tell you.

No worries. I got me some points and it's all good. Too bad you missed it sense it was a big grid this time but I'm sure you would've been there if you could.
Race Results

Race Replay

I was busy sorting out server stuff that I couldn't get LFSStats up in time, and didn't put autosave on in time, so I don't have qual stats unless/until someone posts/sends me the Qual replay.

d
Quote from evilpimp :Please investigate Lap 1 T1. May have been lag but cmon I got punted off pretty hard.

As the Official Replay does not have this incident (El Alaoui was "not on track" during this time due to lag, and this incident will not be investigated.

d
Also, any further protests need to be lodged no later than 2100 UTC on Sunday, 5 October.

The incidents with O'Keefe that brought out the SC are already under investigation.

d
for me it was a really nice race. in qualy i really messed up, realizing after 10 mins, that i was running with the race set, struggling to get a propper lap in and hit it in the last minute. so startposition was okay for me. i think all of us could drive a little bit faster, but that's the thrill to get it in the right time
no probs with the start and the first corners so i was able to hold and improve my position. as i recognized, that storm was behind me, i knew, it would be a really hard job to hold him. i know him well and i know, that usally he is faster than me (we both drive in the OWRL F1 ). but the track is very tricky for overtaking and i was able to not giving him a really good chance to pass me. in the end of 1st stint i was not sure, if the fuel would be enough for another lap, so i pitted one lap before storm, that was the wrong decision. he came in a lap later and was able to gain the gap, so we were on switched positions after pitstop. now i knew, that this place was lost and my only possibilty would be a SC phase, but this didn't happen in the second race half. so the second half was more bringing home the podium than aggressive racing

all in all a very good one. there is one thing, which really annoyed me during the sessions: the chatting! i asked it in the forum before race and an admin refered to the rules, where chatting was covered and there was written, that chatting is not allowed. the problem is, it's not penalized. in cases the chatting while session is forbidden, all chat messages are relevant info (messages about pitstops or admin messages). so i take a look to the chat-line and when i only see a non-relevant chat-message, everyone of that focuses the attention away from track. i really struggled with that in the qualy session, because there was a lot of chatting. imo one way to solve that is really to forbid it and penalize it. in the owrl every chatline gives a 5 second penalty to the raceresult and there is really no chatting happining while sessions

big gratz to 1st and 2nd place, @storm: really nice, fair and clean fight
#20 - AMB
Quote from wOoOzZy :I had a crap qualifying session too. Could have been 2nd but ended up 12th o.O. And my race set was way too understeery, needed more downforce I think. But you live and learn. I'll prepare my race set a bit better next time.

No worries. I got me some points and it's all good. Too bad you missed it sense it was a big grid this time but I'm sure you would've been there if you could.

I'll race for you whenever i'm free, it's just that my mum booked to visit my brother and haven't seen him for a while, I also missed most of my MoE stints and could only do last parts of them.
oneGP F1 Post-Race Interview
  • Wisniewski - Congratulations on the victory. You qualified 1st and finished with a commanding lead throughout the whole race.
Q: You had a good start and managed to open a gap early on in the race only to have a safety car called to the track. What was going through your head at that point? Were you worried about the restart on cold tires?

"Absolutaly not, actually it was the most perfect moment for SC to come. while making some trining stints I noticed tyres were way too hot from 5-10 lap, and I lost almost 1 sec per lap comparing second stint. When i talked earlier with Evilpimp i said that SC in 7th lap will literaly save us And it really did, i just cooled tyres and used oppurtunity to make good times on proper tyre temperature when SC was gone. Also i had staregy for rather early pitstop also because of tyres, so i was only concerned if after pitting i will end in middle of "fight zone". FOrtunately not, everything was went really smoth and i didnt even lose a big gap beacause it was only 5 sec lead or so. If it was 33 lap it would be rally a disaster, for a moment there was a probability, only then i was really concerned to lose 25 sec lead all in all it was relly fortunate"

Q: In your opinion, what was the most difficult part of the race?

"Even if I had 1 sec advantage in qualy I knew that it wont be that hard to overtake me in T1. Long straight after start really allowed 3 cars to go concurrently in T1.

In race i went really to fast in first corner, so i was immediately overtaken by "lamerr", i managed to force thru but "majorchrille" somehow lost control trying not to hit me and produced really a big crash. Again i was fortunate, because it could be me, then "lammer" went to wide second later and everything went good for me after that. So first two corners were were horrible for me"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • StormCloud - You had a brilliant drive at KY2R. Up from 13th to 2nd and you had the best start to the race, overtaking 7 people during the collision at turn 2.
Q: During the first stint you were racing very close with Deutchel, running similar lap times. You seemed to be a bit faster but could not complete a pass. Can you describe the difficulty of overtaking on KY2R?

"I did not do any serious practice for this race and it was a late decision to drive - so late I almost missed qualifying! There are a couple of good overtaking spots at Kyoto but it took me while to remember which gear to take some corners so I didn't have the speed in the right places to overtake Marcel, who I know from OWRL is a very consistent driver"

"The lap before my pitstop when I looked and saw I had 0.9 laps of fuel as I passed the pit entrance before starting my inlap!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Deutschel - You also had a good start, jumping from 5th to 3rd while staying ahead of the carnage at turn 2. Congratulations on 3rd place and getting to the podium on your teams entrance into oneGP.
Q: When Stormword exited the pits ahead of you he started to open up a gap. Was there a point when you decided to play it safe and settle for 3rd?

"Yes, i know him very well and his is usually faster than me. that i could hold him until the pitstop was imo because of the tricky track. i know the points were overtaking is possible very well and tried to avoid to give him a draft on the oval parts. so i knew he would drove faster in first stint, i hold him up. so i knew, that it is nearly impossible to overtaking him on track again and played safe for the podium."

"Nothing special than an hour event you need to keep cool in first laps and keep the concentration high over the race duration. really hard for me, was hitting the right time in the qualy-session and with storm in the neck, was not as stressful as it perhaps looked. it was like racing a well known buddy, so the close racing is very predictable that was big fun for me."

That's the end of the first oneGP post race interview. Thanks to the top 3 for quick responses to my questions and congratulations to all who finished. This was one of oneGP's largest and most successful races. It was also a difficult track where the best place to pass someone was in the pits. We hope to see everyone in the next race.
Nice interview.

As for what Boris said. Indeed we spoke about that right before the race/qual and he told me that a SC on lap 7 would give us an amazing advantage. So when I got on the stream and saw an SC on lap 6-7? I was just saying ''wow''. It was perfect. Just what he needed!

Great win man. Grats to Storm Cloud and Deutschel aswell.
yeah, it was really the perfect time for the SC according to tyre temps. so the weak laps with hot tyres did not happen. all in all i hoped for a second SC after the pitstops to open up new chances and make it more excited for the viewer. in the second half it was not excited as the first half, or? the distances between drivers were too large for nice fights.
Well, i had a few good fights

I think i had a good fight with T.Falkenberg, but then he span a few times, or i'm not sure, but he fell off the pace.

But turn 2 was just chaotic, i started near the back of the grid, so i got caught up in all the carnage. Gratz to all though
Yeah, was fun fighting with you... but I had to pay tribute to the about 6 weeks I was off LFS due to technical problems... that's the main reason for my spinnings... but my tactics were quiet okey, but the full-course-yellow should have been 5 laps later on my mind, so I knew I would have to pit again. So I was pushing hard again, but couldn't get any near to the laptimes I was able to do on Friday, this whole saturday. On 8th position I dreamed of the one point, then hit the kerb wrong, had to go over the bumpers and broke my rear right suspension, so I nearly caused a full-course-yellow, wich would have been on Becky Rose's mind.
And if I also count the Oval Race later that evening it was a frustrating day. I could have done better in both.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG