The online racing simulator
ring of DEATH!
(55 posts, started )
ring of DEATH!
this ****ing sucks....... my xbox got the freaking ring of death... three red lights on the front... and i can't even get a new one.
im buying a ps3.. i hate microsoft.
There is a fix to it :P, somewhere lol
go ps3!!! why did xbox get a random red ring feature?
Quote from chavm481 :go ps3!!! why did xbox get a random red ring feature?

it won't even come on and play the game its something with the welding on the gfx card.
and the towel fix won't work cause i have 3 red rings and green light on the adapter.
Try unplugging all of the components, like the hard drive and all that stuff. And do NOT do the towel trick again- it only is a temporary fix that does more damage than it does good.
Quote from h3adbang3r :Try unplugging all of the components, like the hard drive and all that stuff. And do NOT do the towel trick again- it only is a temporary fix that does more damage than it does good.

i took off the harddrive and turned it on and there was no red lights then i put harddrive back on and there was then i took it off again and there was still 3 red lights hmm...
My xbox has ran fine for one year and 3 months.
#8 - sam93
It is easily fixable, dont use the towel trick, it only needs a few things replacing but I cant tell you what though
i thought i read somewhere that microsoft were changing xbox 360s that had this free of charge even when they were out of warrenty

a chap in work sold his 360 and got a ps3, recons its his biggest mistake ever, and believe me he's made a few in work, as the online side is a total disaster
Pitty you live in the states, if you lived in the UK all you would have to do is send it to me and I would of fixed it for you.
Quote from sam93 :It is easily fixable, dont use the towel trick, it only needs a few things replacing but I cant tell you what though

Quote from sam93 :Pitty you live in the states, if you lived in the UK all you would have to do is send it to me and I would of fixed it for you.

eh... so you can fix it yet you don't know what needs `replaced.`

Anyway, you should get in touch with microsoft. Mine is out of warranty and recently did the `ring of death` but they are still going to replace free of charge. They are even paying the courier charge.
So how would you go about fixing is Sam?

Sniff sniff...
Quote from mutt107 :this ****ing sucks....... my xbox got the freaking ring of death... three red lights on the front... and i can't even get a new one.

I guess LFSFORUM is the answer to everything afterall.
Quote from keiran :eh... so you can fix it yet you don't know what needs `replaced.`

Anyway, you should get in touch with microsoft. Mine is out of warranty and recently did the `ring of death` but they are still going to replace free of charge. They are even paying the courier charge.

I do know what needs replacing but if I buy them broke and fix them and then sell them I am not going to tell you how to fix them am I, it needs a few screws replacing/changing and a few things removing, thats all I am saying.
Quote from sam93 :I do know what needs replacing but if I buy them broke and fix them and then sell them I am not going to tell you how to fix them am I, it needs a few screws replacing/changing and a few things removing, thats all I am saying.

So people are going to trust you from an internet forum to ruin their warranty and probably try and get money off them for fixing it, when they could send it to Microsoft for free?

Nice plan.
I guess Sam will just trow it at a roadsign and then it will work
Quote from mcintyrej :So people are going to trust you from an internet forum to ruin their warranty and probably try and get money off them for fixing it, when they could send it to Microsoft for free?

Nice plan.

Who will most likely just replace the motherboard when that doesn't have to be done, one thing needs to be removed, screws changed and something else changed. This can be done within 15-30mins whereas the wait you would have from sending it to and recieving it back from Microsoft would be about 2 weeks. I got shown by a guy who has a IT Hardware degree on how you fix them, he knows his stuff and his has taught me how to do them well, you only shown me as I am intrested in that kind of stuff.
Quote from Scrabby :I guess Sam will just trow it at a roadsign and then it will work

If you want to talk about things like that please PM me and keep this thread ontopic
Quote from sam93 :Who will most likely just replace the motherboard when that doesn't have to be done, one thing needs to be removed, screws changed and something else changed. This can be done within 15-30mins whereas the wait you would have from sending it to and recieving it back from Microsoft would be about 2 weeks. I got shown by a guy who has a IT Hardware degree on how you fix them, he knows his stuff and his has taught me how to do them well, you only shown me as I am intrested in that kind of stuff.

Why would people trust you though to ruin their warranty? The idea of a warranty is if it breaks then you send it away and get it back all fixed for free.

Sending it to you so you can change the bits will void the warranty and risk the big chance of you breaking it and then also taking money from the person and saying you won't send it back until they pay.
yay, another PS3'er! My 360 broke ages ago, now I'm happy I chose to get a Playstion threeeee! The RRod did suck at that time though. All I wanted to do was play ProStreet, then those red lights come in my face.

The strange thing was that some of my friends 360's died a couple of days ago. not really most. 1 person had RRod, the other one's kept of freezing.
Quote from mutt107 :this ****ing sucks....... my xbox got the freaking ring of death... three red lights on the front... and i can't even get a new one.

Even if it's out of warrently, microsoft will pick it up and repair it for free, just need to contact them on the website. That's whats happened to mine, but due to the fact the only place that officialy repairs them is Germany, I'm waiting for 3 weeks to get it fixed.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Even if it's out of warrently, microsoft will pick it up and repair it for free, just need to contact them on the website. That's whats happened to mine, but due to the fact the only place that officialy repairs them is Germany, I'm waiting for 3 weeks to get it fixed.

Well just send it to Sam, he knows how to fix them, he was shown by his dad's brother's second cousin who has an IT degree (in case you didn't know, yes, IT courses now include repairing games consoles) and made him sign the Official Secrets Act about how to do it.

If you're really lucky, he'll respray your XBox into a lovely Burberry scheme, with some Rockport rubber feet, and maybe fit a two-foot high chin spoiler.
Quote from STROBE :Well just send it to Sam, he knows how to fix them, he was shown by his dad's brother's second cousin who has an IT degree (in case you didn't know, yes, IT courses now include repairing games consoles) and made him sign the Official Secrets Act about how to do it.

If you're really lucky, he'll respray your XBox into a lovely Burberry scheme, with some Rockport rubber feet, and maybe fit a two-foot high chin spoiler.

But will he do it for free .
Go for PS3, the cheap price of xbox tells that is's piece of shit that is not worth a penny. I'v heared that statestics tells that 33% of the xbox delivered have goten, or will get ring of death and need replacement, belived there were rules against selling failure hardware?

Ps3 - expensive YES, maybe not that good multiplayer / meny, but still it's worth the money, because it's QUALITY!
Is there much point in consoles these days? PC is capable of much better graphics (by now), xbox360 controllers work on the PC, most games that come out on consoles are out on PC sooner or later, games are cheaper, and if anything goes wrong there's a higher chance you can fix it yourself (even more so if you built it yourself).

I had a PS3 and hardly used it (MGSIV was only good for so long) so got rid of it

ring of DEATH!
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG