NkPro vs LFS, the battle of April
So whats going to take up most of your time this month, seeing as both are heading to be released at around the same time what are you going to be playing most?.

I am thinking which ever one comes first is going to take priority of the other for me, but I guess it depends on how special either are , NkPro is a bit of any unknown quantity ATM, but I am quite excited by it, and I really hope that I am not letdown.

Bottomline, April should be a great month for racing simmers, just a shame they have to come so close to each other .

Dan,
#2 - Jakg
just waiting for the nKPro demo, hopefully it'll have the tintops instead of the formula cars tho
Only a patch for LFS this month... not a full game like NKpro
is it the netKar Demo released on the 10th or the full game?
It might be "only" a patch, but hopefully it should make LFS feel like a whole new game.

Both I think Niki, I am sure the download for the demo is the same as the download for the full version as per LFS.

Apparently, if you have pre-ordered you will get preferencial treatment, maybe even an early download, but for sure pre-orders will get access to a faster download server.

Dan,
Well I pre ordered Nk Pro and depending on how good it will be and the ammount of servers online etc I will probably focus on it for a while , I realy do hope the patch will arrive before 10 April tho , but who knows could be end of April or May for all we know
I dont deal in uknown commodities. I'll worry about NkPro when it's been out long enough to be bug fixed and stable - then i'll worry about whether it's any good or not...
Why do you all prefer fight and sim wars? What's the reason? Dеfinitely the newest one to date nKPro will have more priority at the first time after release than new LFS patch for the people who bought the lisense. But it's not a case when one sim blows away other. Both will be very close to each other. Both will reach top position on the simracing arena. And after some time the new sims will just be added to these two (iRacing, RaceCome and who knows which one more).
Quote from VIP UA :Why do you all prefer fight and sim wars? What's the reason? Dеfinitely the newest one to date nKPro will have more priority at the first time after release than new LFS patch for the people who bought the lisense. But it's not a case when one sim blows away other. Both will be very close to each other. Both will reach top position on the simracing arena. And after some time the new sims will just be added to these two (iRacing, RaceCome and who knows which one more).

Its not a fight or a war, we are winners in every respect, because hopefully the LFS patch will be top notch, and NKPro will be a worthy addition.

I find it interesting how they both come out at the same time, surely not a coincidence

Dan,
I find it quite possible that nKaR pRo (or however they spell the name) has superior physics but lacks in gameplay and user-friendliness. One thing LFS does the best, hands down, is the simplicity of game interface, menus, joining servers, LFS world, etc. Just take a look at rFaCtoR (:banghead and you can see what kind of mess you can make.
Quote from spankmeyer :I find it quite possible that nKaR pRo (or however they spell the name) has superior physics but lacks in gameplay and user-friendliness. One thing LFS does the best, hands down, is the simplicity of game interface, menus, joining servers, LFS world, etc. Just take a look at rFaCtoR (:banghead and you can see what kind of mess you can make.

Very, very true, something has got to be very, very special to displace LFS as the most user friendly online racer there is, it is just so streamlined for online use there is nothing else like it.

We shall see, but I fear NKp will be no where near it in that respect, if fact from everything I have read it all sounds a bit disjointed, not geared to the "pick up and play" audeince at all, more geared to leagues and organized events.

Time will tell......

Dan,
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I've been playing allot of GPL the last week. Damn that game is great :-D
#13 - mr_x
im not getting NK-Pro cos from what i have seen it doesnt have tin tops in it, i really dont like racing single seater cars, i prefer tin tops (and the UF1 ) so LFS will be my priority this month (or World of Warcraft... a friend got me into buying another month on that last week)
Quote from thisnameistaken :I've preordered nK-Pro but I'll still probably spend most of the month with LFS, even if the patch doesn't arrive. There's not going to be much content in nK-Pro at release - just four circuits and four (pretty similar) cars, so I'll probably be back in LFS quite a lot.

Actually the amount of content seems a weird argument to me. I can imagine spending all my time with a sim that only has one car and one track if it's a stellar, spot-on simulation. There are other games to provide LOTS of content without a particular focus on quality.

For sure I'm going to try the LFS patch and will spend some time evaluating it, but unless any showstopping bugs or feature gaps appear in nKP, I'm probably going to spend more time with it as it's a completely new toy.
well.. nK pro will be amazing.. but atm i dunno if i´ll have time to test it... racing in a lot leagues in NR2003 and GTR atm...

LFS.. i just hope to see something new soon.. to get my motivation back this version is kinda weird... and i cant find any motivation to race in it
After reading Stefanos development articles about nkpro, I just had to pre-order it today. Must say I'm pretty excited to get my hands on it

I won't stop playing LFS, of course.
-
I am bored at home (hehe just kidding) so I tell you what I expect from the new patch:

- Fixed Highnose bug
- Increased grip at low speeds
- Decreased effect of slipstream (including the loss of grip behind a car) - especially to cars with wings
- Decreased effect of dirt on tyres

Everything else is a surprise for me
-
I've got to say, I'm expecting fairly drastic aero revisions/improvements.
I remember when we got to the bottom of what caused the high nose exploit, the impression I got from our conversations with Scawen was that he wanted to produce a much more complete aero simulation before revising the physics.

Just fixing the high nose bug would literally have been the work of an afternoon, if that. It's just a case of adding a calculation step to the way the force was resolved. But if they released a new physics patch every time a little bug was fixed, or littel feature added, the community would be a mess.

So I think we'll have much more sophisticated aero, with proper undertrays that react to the undercar distance and rake, as well as more complete and accurate wing simulation.
yeah i expect the patch to make lfs feel alot more solid with alot of bug corrections. the lfs crew is the real deal

i'm also looking forward to nkpro.
In both cases its 'wait and see'.. and we won't have to wait long

Competition is a good thing.. Perhaps this will one day mean that there are no dodgy tyre models in sims... but that might be wishfull thinking
Just visited nKpRO (I know, very annoying) website and all I saw was open-wheelers. Double-u-tee-ef, mate? If they decide to leave tin tops to be made by community modding I'm not sure if I want to pull the trigger on my Visa. I've barely touched the open-wheelers in LFS.

EDIT: That nKpRo logo always reminds me of this http://www.hkpro.com/
It won't have tintops in the first version... maybe (hopefully!) later. I'm confident that there will be tintop mods at some point. Kunos has said that the physics engine can handle 6-wheeled cars (70's 6-wheel formulas, anyone? ) so I think the engine won't be the problem for road cars...

I have pre-ordered it too, I'm not sure exactly why because I don't like single-seaters that much. I think the "doom mode", totally interactive cockpits and some new aspects Kunos has taken into complete realism cought me that I just had to pre-order it.

I haven't played LFS since January or something. I've spent my on RBR again.
-
#23 - Vain
I will think abot nkpro when it reaches a healthy 500-1000 possible combos (only official cars, that is). I can have nice physics in LFS. It needs more than that to get my money now. (Did anyone say real cars?)

Vain
Yep, I am not the biggest OW fan either, but I am a sucker for a new race sim

Dan,
Quote from spankmeyer :I find it quite possible that nKaR pRo (or however they spell the name) has superior physics but lacks in gameplay and user-friendliness. One thing LFS does the best, hands down, is the simplicity of game interface, menus, joining servers, LFS world, etc. Just take a look at rFaCtoR (:banghead and you can see what kind of mess you can make.

But in the other hand LFS lacks some of extreme realism settings that other sims have. The physics of nkpro is still quite big question mark but it looks promising.

One thing I noticed somewhere was that the "traction circle" is part of the hud. Which is so unrealistic, like most of the F9/F10/F11 menus in LFS. I just would like to get rid of them asap

:ambulance

About openwheelers:
Quote from thisnameistaken :To be honest, they're not my favourite cars in LFS either, but I think that's more down to the low-speed grip issues and aero bugs.

It'll be nice to be able to compare LFS and nKP's approaches to similar cars though.

I have thought that the road cars are most affected by the slow speed grip (sliding all the time)...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG