The online racing simulator
#1 - Joris
Suggestion: LX-day on race 2
How about having an LX-day on race 2?

About once a week (or 2 weeks) but not on a fixed day.

Silver LX4
Gold LX6
+1, or something similar.
#3 - toper
I miss days when RAC was also avaible on race 2
The LX's, RAC and FZ50 were available on Race 2 for quite some time but removed due to lack of interest. I doubt Sam will bring them back anytime soon. Although one might argue that Race 2 has been practically deserted for the past few weeks and introducing the LRF class again would possibly spike interest again. I don't know, maybe one day a week wouldn't be a bad idea

On a sidenote, if you want to race the RAC the Dead Mean Racing server is running Rac on Aston this week (up until thursday evening I think). I joined there for the first time yesterday and had quite a good time. I'm gonna try and catch the 1 hour race on thursday, should be fun.
#5 - troy
ye they got removed, but look at the race 2 stats now, it's as empty as before or even worse, I must admit that I miss the lrf class too but I don't think we will see them back soon
#6 - Bean0
Sam said they'd never be back.

Troy - Weekly races at Volvolandia starting up again any time soon ?
#7 - troy
eheh, i just posted about that in the weekly lx racing thread. Im not sure when it will come back but I guess it will be as soon as I sorted everything with the server.
Quote from toper :I miss days when RAC was also avaible on race 2

I remember we used to drive the RAC in CTRA Race 2.. everyone else were driving LX6. ah, those were the days.

Where the heck did you go, by the way? You went away for like 5 months or something all of a sudden..?
#9 - Joris
Quote from Bean0 :Sam said they'd never be back.

I thought that was about the LRF class. An LX-only server is something different to me (and hopefully not just me).
#10 - SamH
As most people know, I've given this some considerable thought in the past. Ultimately I've had to draw a conclusion, and draw a line under it. There will be no more LRF class car racing on CTRA servers.

Unlike the other classes covered by CTRA that people can spend all day and all night driving, people drive a couple of races in LRF and are exhausted. They enjoy it a whole load, but it's brief and when they've had enough, they've truly had enough. Racer turnover in Race 2 when LRF was being run was high, with bursts of server population being far shorter than any other server or class. Because of this, LRF cars aren't actually suited to the 24/7 nature and design of the CTRA pickup race format.

Other people do LRF class better than we do, because their format is different. I'd recommend DMR as a good place to start.
Fair enough, but my suggestion was not about the entire LRF class. Only those LX-es, maybe even LX4 only if LX6'es are considered to be undrivable for multiple hours.
Quote from SamH :As most people know, I've given this some considerable thought in the past. Ultimately I've had to draw a conclusion, and draw a line under it. There will be no more LRF class car racing on CTRA servers.

Unlike the other classes covered by CTRA that people can spend all day and all night driving, people drive a couple of races in LRF and are exhausted. They enjoy it a whole load, but it's brief and when they've had enough, they've truly had enough. Racer turnover in Race 2 when LRF was being run was high, with bursts of server population being far shorter than any other server or class. Because of this, LRF cars aren't actually suited to the 24/7 nature and design of the CTRA pickup race format.

Other people do LRF class better than we do, because their format is different. I'd recommend DMR as a good place to start.

TBO class is even less popular than TBO+LFR combined. IMO the reasoning for poorly populated TBO class is FXO being (yet again) way faster than the other two, which reverts other drivers from the server.
LRF may take too much skill for close casual races, but LX4 might be a breaktrough. It's the easiest to drive RWD car in LFS and provides close races so maybe LX4 only race2 would be worth of trying...
That's a temporary situation, i'm sure the RB4 will be back in domination at all short circuits soon, and the XRT will plant its flag on all the long ones. I still think that TBO cars give the best tin top racing in LFS, followed by GT2.

You can't say the CTRA hasnt tried with LRF cars, it took Sam a bloody long time to realise they wherent just unpopular, they where also ruining Race 2 (currently ruined by class balancing) which annoyed me (grrrrr).

I think it's time to stop flogging the dead horse, the fact is, nobody drives the LRF cars on public servers, they never have and they absolutely never will inspite of how popular the forum suggests that they might be.

To make it happen they'd have to make yellow flag stats count backwards or something and award points for failing to finish, and allow car reset!

Those who want the class on the server had their chance, they where there ages, and didn't get used. As Sam said it's too late, and I think it's good he's said that, it meens the class which I think gives the best racing in LFS the room to deliver on what it does best, close quarters nose to tail tin top racing .
I wasn't saying CTRA didn't tried LRF. They did and I'm thankful for that. My point, like troy already said, was race2 being even emptier than at TBO+LRF times despite the big talks in thread that got LRF removed. Occasional LX4 days/weeks might raise some interest until TBO class finally gets reasonable balancing.
I agree, how about giving the LX4 a shot? It's a fun car that I haven't driven for ages.

Who's up for some TBO racing tonight at 8PM, CET?
Might give it a go... I tried GT2 cars yesterday night and it seems I have to spend a few decades building sets, mine are not very efficient.
Plus I am still unable to force myself to trust downforce

Edit: on the other hand, since Sam already hijacked the thread this way, tonight is the 1 hour race at DMR - RAC on AS nat rev this week I think. I know you enjoyed driving this tricky thing.
Forced cockpit view, mandatory pitstop (but in 1 hour you may need it) and special Doorman redesigned chicanes all around the track for anti-cutting enforcement. Public server, goes private when serious things start (quali). End of DMR advertising spam.
#17 - VoiD
Quote from Gnomie :...Who's up for some TBO racing tonight at 8PM, CET?

Count me in
Quote from Gnomie :Who's up for some TBO racing tonight at 8PM, CET?

I'm gonna try and catch the 1h RAC race on DMR instead I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to make it though, what with my girlfriend nagging that I spend too much time behind the computer in the evenings

Does the quali start at 8pm GMT or what? I can never figure out these timezones I'd hate to arrive one hour too late.
Quote from obsolum :I'm gonna try and catch the 1h RAC race on DMR instead I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to make it though, what with my girlfriend nagging that I spend too much time behind the computer in the evenings

Does the quali start at 8pm GMT or what? I can never figure out these timezones I'd hate to arrive one hour too late.

http://www.deadmen.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=23892
Quote from Gnomie :I agree, how about giving the LX4 a shot? It's a fun car that I haven't driven for ages.

I personally think the LX4 would be a good addition. It's semi-matched with the TBO's (a good TBO driver can beat a mediocre LX4 driver), which would create a fun multi-class battle scenerio, where the LX4 pulls out a bit on the straight, to get pwned in the corners.
Quote from Gnomie :I agree, how about giving the LX4 a shot? It's a fun car that I haven't driven for ages.

I have already suggested that a few weeks ago, but +1000, LX4 is a little bit faster than the TBO, but since it is really harder to drive than a FXO for example, it would create some great battles.
With the new 'X2 system' that has been mentioned a few times, the possibility of CTRA sanctioned leagues/events was also mentioned.

Would this include the possibility of having 3rd party run LRF/LX4 events for CTRA points, or would all events need to use regular CTRA cars, and be organised by the CTRA team ?
Quote from VoiD :Count me in

Sorry, I won't be there after all. I, too, am going to try my luck in the DmR race. You could join too, though!
#24 - SamH
Quote from Bean0 :With the new 'X2 system' that has been mentioned a few times, the possibility of CTRA sanctioned leagues/events was also mentioned.

Would this include the possibility of having 3rd party run LRF/LX4 events for CTRA points, or would all events need to use regular CTRA cars, and be organised by the CTRA team ?

The main plot with X2 is to provide a means by which 3rd party league organizers can define and run their own leagues and events within the CTRA system so yeah, when X2 happens anyone would be free to take up one of the CTRA's X2 league slots and run an LRF/LX4 league.
#25 - VoiD
Quote from Gnomie :Sorry, I won't be there after all. I, too, am going to try my luck in the DmR race. You could join too, though!

np...but I still prefer LX6-ing (remember the "old" days)...

Have fun!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG