The online racing simulator
insim userbars
hi i need help to make an insim userbar wich show your stats on the forum : / distance / cars / money / player .

Regards.

WS.X
Just like the ones [TC]'s using? AFAIK They end up lagging the servers.
yea looking for is dont worry about our servers but you held will be kind
any help? please
Log it to a MySQL database for catching and query that . . . Don't ever query the server it's self, bad things happen.
what kind of things ?
Best way is to use PHP's GD Lib
Also - I wouldn't do it as live output everytime, cache it as a local file, and load it from cache if within X minutes
If you happen to have a popular website and the LFS server is not on the same server you will add round trip time to the whole ordeal by having the client query the webserver, that querys the game server that querys the live data, that sends the information about to the game server, then back to the website, then back to the client. Huge problem as it can cause a packet flood for the game server, and slow down your website.
Make 15minute interval MySQL dumps of changed data (just the stats for the images)
Quote from Krammeh :Make 15minute interval MySQL dumps of changed data (just the stats for the images)

Word! (Or in computer forum terminology ... I second this A.K.A. +1.)

Good news about doing it like that is, it could also work as a remote backup system in case your server's hard drive dies.
MySQL replication to a network drive with a linux kernal

Not that I altered the firmware to boot with it, or anything!
So, I take it your the LTC Programmer then?
I most certainly are. Which is also written in PHP :P
Quote from Krammeh :I most certainly are. Which is also written in PHP :P

Thanks Krammeh it worked perfectly

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG