The online racing simulator
Settings for gears and final drive in single player
Hi All
where can I find info on setting best
gear and final drive ratios for single player cars,racing

Thanks
Ron(Old Timer)
I'm not sure if you know mate? you can ask people online for their set ups so you can try out a fast guys, in all my time here I have never been refused a set up (unless its been a team set) so don't be afraid to ask the lovely although ugly racers, in- between races.

There are also lots of very fast setups available at http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/ that you can use or just study.

If you haven't already, try the online racing it is where the fun is with LFS
Nice link from "AndroidXP" for gear ratio explanation.

And you can also try this real gear ratio specs from Drift Japan and put it in your simulator.

That what I do when I make some sets.

Good Luck
Thanks all,I,m off to set up,When I feel able to online I,m sure I'll be back looking for how to get on.
bumb
Quote from Deejayyaj :Nice link from "AndroidXP" for gear ratio explanation.

And you can also try this real gear ratio specs from Drift Japan and put it in your simulator.

That what I do when I make some sets.

Good Luck

nice link...but its DIRT JAPAN...not drift....
hm....people only see what the want to see
how about the final drive settings<singleplayer><garage><finaldrive> these slider settings have strong effect ,but which is "optimum?
Final drive is as it says the final ratio of the gearbox, that affects all the gears (multiply ratios).
So:
If you want to keep the ratio / cuve between the different gears but want a longer / shorter span, keep all gears the same and change only the final gear ratio. Example: when you start working on a restricted car like GT2 it is an easy way to take a GT setup for the gear ratios and use this slider. For fine tuning you will need to read below.

If an (some) individual gears do not please you (for ex if the layout is such that you have to change up just before a corner) then change only the gear(s) concerned using only the gear slider.

Optimum is not possible because it depends on the track, wind, other setup options and driving style. You can get a good guess using Bob's VHPA - check the unofficial addons theads.
Thanks!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG