The online racing simulator
"Notes" tab added to car setups
I've had a search for anything similar but found nothing, so apologies if this has been mentioned before.

Basically, when in the garage modifying setups, it would be good to have another tab called "Notes" which would be an area where you could write notes on the set up to remind your self of something next time you choose that setup. For example, I've got a few combos where I've got a few different sets for the same car/track and can't remember which ones are good for what - qualy / sprint / enduro... It would also be useful for writing down pressures for different race lengths, how the pressures effect grip / handling, how downforce effects handling, or anything to do with the setup which you find useful noting down.

I personally think it would be really useful.
+1. It´s a very good idea!
What can I say... this has been requested since I can remember posting on the LFS forums (so 2003-ish, back then on RSC). We still don't have this feature that cannot possibly take more than 1 hour to implement
Like I said Android, I had a search but couldn't find anything on it so posted a thread, so sorry for a re-post.

I'm not sure of the complications of impimenting it, or whether the notes would be transferred from player-to-player when setups are sent, but I think it would be really really helpful. It's like real life racing - teams / drivers have huge amounts of notes for their car on each track so they can refer to them each time.
I wasn't criticising you for the suggestion, merely expression frustration/confusion as why we don't have this in LFS yet, after all those years.

I cannot see any technical complications at all. You just need a multiline textbox to enter the notes and save whatever the user entered at the end of the setup file.

If the user is given a very generous 3500 chars to store info, then the setup file still wouldn't need more than 4kb on the disk (considering a default cluster size of 4k) so disk space preservation clearly isn't an issue. Sending setups cannot possibly be a problem either, since for example downloaded skins have an about 1000 times bigger size than a setup file right now. Just within a few seconds of being connected you have more data transfer than these meagre 4K, and you could still simply omit the note text if including it in the sent setup is for whatever reason not wanted.

I have honestly no idea why this isn't implemented yet. Maybe Scawen just doesn't see how useful it would be.
Yep...
1 More Idea,not everyone know what a Camber changes,we need also a "?" Button with a Short Description
Quote from Waffenaffe :1 More Idea,not everyone know what a Camber changes,we need also a "?" Button with a Short Description

Cannot agree with that. Not saying it would be bad, but this is in the realm of investing coding-time in something that the user can very well find out for himself.

For example:
a) http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Basic_Setup_Guide#Camber, or
b) just play with the slider and you can actually see what it does on the car

Besides that, as a newcomer you should have a look at the manual before changing random settings, and if you can't be arsed to do that, then tweaking the setup is out of question anyway
The log of suggestions for setup improvements is here.
An earlier thread about a comment box is here.

Seems like a simple change, so it indeed is a mystery why it hasn't been done already. OTOH, there is room to create a "Setup Manager" add-on. This could also implement other features, such as renaming, filtering, searching, etc.
This would be very useful, as I constantly misplace the notepad which I've got all my setup notes, changes and their effects, etc. plotted down. I've even gone so far as to figure approximate tyre lifespans with given tracks, heating cycles, and toe-changes.
Would be useful.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG