The online racing simulator
Quote from March Hare :
Again a drifter bumped this thread to state how drifting is so great. How many racers have bumped this to say how they dislike drifting?

Ha ha... Wasn't going to post anything more here, but ... come on geezer, you're one of the sensible ones. Surely you see the comedy in bumping a thread to complain about bumping a thread?!!

What actually happens on this forum is usually that someone reads a post about drifting (pro or anti, it doesn't really matter to the end result), puts their uninformed two cents in, then someone else ('racer' or 'drifter', again such self-proclaimed identities don't actually matter to the result) gets all shirty and censorious, starting the whole thing up again.

And then I go and bump it because I still don't 'get' the pseudo-tribal sociology that infests this forum...
Quote from Ikaponthus :Browsing these forums, it seems to be really popular! I can't imagine why it would appeal to sim-racing enthusiasts. Certainly is pretty low on my motoring "to do" list, but I don't know too much about it.

As far as I understand, it's maybe the slowest way to corner and couldn't be too healthy for the car either (let alone burning the tyres)!

I see it on youtube too ... what's with these guys? Why would you want to drive a car slowly and dangerously and rip your tyres to shreds? Okay ... so I suppose it could be fun for a while. But apart from that, are there any practical reasons? Or is it just a glorified burnout?

Serious question, I don't know much about it, I'm not trying to wind anyone up.

Well as i see it its the funniest way to go around a corner with a car.
Quote from Tonttula :Well as i see it its the funniest way to go around a corner with a car.

I can hardly believe that you just bumped a five month old thread just to make a troll post.
This thread is closed

What's the fascination with drifting!?
(354 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG