The online racing simulator
"Lollipop Man" in pit area
(44 posts, started )

Poll : "Lollipop Man" in pit area

Yes
No
A simple and useful suggestion. We need a lollipop man in pit area. It's hard to find the correct pit and even timing for breaking instantly. Thus the lollipop man is a benchmark for an ideal pitstop.

I mean only a lollipop man is sufficient, no need to all pit team. It does not required a huge code homework. A lollipop man wears the same suit of drivers, and plus a lollipop stick.

Thanks..
#2 - Nick.
-1 for me.

It doesn't matter what pit spot you take. First come, first server, y'know?
so when you send the lolipop man flying cos you turn in late and send him flying then we lol . good idea but not something really neccesary
ATM is pointless -1
I'd like a guy to give me lollipops while I wait at pitstops.
Thanks for sharing your comments.

The spirit of the LFS is being very closed to be real racing conditions. It's true there is no matter what pit stop we take. But I do feel this is wrong, at least in logical basis.

And "jwardy"s suspicion is true. We can hit the lollipop man. But at the same time we can hit the cars, barriers, walls as long as we pay not attention to race objects. In order to alter this complication, optimum points should be found for lollipop man. i.e opposite directions between car and lollipop man.

According to me, this feature appproximates LFS to realism one step further.
I just thought about it a few days ago.

It could be made with the guy in autox layout. You press a button at least a half lap before pit stop and the guy will be placed at a garage (wich could be sorted like quali/grid order) and you just need to stop where he got his hand.

so +1 for near future updates
Quote from ADX.14 :A simple and useful suggestion. We need a lollipop man in pit area. ....It does not required a huge code homework.

Funny looks like you know more about the game code itself than Scawen.

As much as I like the idea, as long as we don't have a "pit box" for every driver it doesn't make much sense.

32 driver must share 16 pit places like in Blackwood or Westhill.
What will happen if everyone is pitting at the same time?
Where will the lollipop man appear? And so on...
There are much more things to think of than you thought

For me it would be great to have at first a pit box for every driver,
then it would be nice to have the other stuff.
Quote from BBO@BSR :
32 driver must share 16 pit places

Very true.

As much as I'd love individual pit spots the fact that people rarely race in teams means there's usually a lot less spaces than there are cars that need them.
I would like the lollipop man too. Does he have double lollies?

Ny way +1

O/T Like my new avatar?
Quote from BBO@BSR :Funny looks like you know more about the game code itself than Scawen.

Hi T7R,

After your interpretation, I have to explain the sentence. Of course there is a lack of relativity. It would be more explanatory by this way: i.e No homework as much as real weather conditions (especially rainy). My intent is no disrespectful to Scawen.

And your hesitations about limited pit area. We encountered such examples in F1 both Ferrari and McLaren. The second one must wait.
But that's due to bad team orders and strategy. In LFS people don't usually race in teams of two, so it's not really fair if you pit and find someone else in your space.
There is a little missed point. My suggestion (lollipop man = LM) does not bring about the present turmoil in pits. Just think about Blackwood or Westhill cases. Even there is no LM, the problem persists. All drivers in pit lane at the same time, and what will occur? If the devs want to include LM feature, they will put in LM's suitable points.
Quote from BBO@BSR :Funny looks like you know more about the game code itself than Scawen.

As much as I like the idea, as long as we don't have a "pit box" for every driver it doesn't make much sense.

32 driver must share 16 pit places like in Blackwood or Westhill.
What will happen if everyone is pitting at the same time?
Where will the lollipop man appear? And so on...
There are much more things to think of than you thought

For me it would be great to have at first a pit box for every driver,
then it would be nice to have the other stuff.

That shouldnt be a problem at all. F1 can manage that.
Quote from Stefani24 :That shouldnt be a problem at all. F1 can manage that.

F1 is F1 and not LFS
Did you ever drove in an LFS league with pit stops and more then 25 drivers?
As someone else already mentioned here in this thread in F1 you have teams and 2 drivers share a pit, right.
But in normal LFS leagues (or in the leagues I usually raced over the years) you usually don't have this.
Atm everyone can pit everywhere and even if we got fixed pit places then you still have to share the pit with someone you don't know or who maybe have the same strategy in a league race etc. etc. I sometimes have driven a lap longer just to not get into trouble because of the few pit places we have to share - so it's def. a complete other precondition.
Quote from BBO@BSR :...
Atm everyone can pit everywhere and even if we got fixed pit places then you still have to share the pit with someone you don't know or who maybe have the same strategy in a league race etc. etc. I sometimes have driven a lap longer just to not get into trouble because of the few pit places we have to share - so it's def. a complete other precondition.

take my example. you press a button half a lap before stop and a LM is set to a pitbox and if someone else already has it you get the next box. IRL there is a manager and with LFS remote Teams have the same overview and can check if any pitbox is free (in case half of the field is going to pit).

-1 (imo) for 32 pitboxes
Pit lane with 32 boxes will be very long
+1 from me
I think it would be a good idea only if we had dedicated pit stalls, but the complication with that would be that short 5-10 lap servers would have to redesignate stalls for every race

AHA I just got an idea (a somewhat scary thought )
It could be like an option like car reset and mandatory pit stops are. That way if you had like a league or something to that nature where it's the same racers they could have a designated spot for them and if it was a casual for-fun race they can be first come first serve
My god, I hate having to choose pitboxes LOL I lose so much time sometimes. I brake as late as possible, only to find myself having to take the pitbox in front of the one I was aiming for. SOME KIND of PIT BOX NOTIFICATION would be AMAZING.
#19 - pipa
If everyone had their own designated pit box then a +1 from me
No idea how many garage slots and places in front of garages there are all together but I'd take a guess that if you add up all those you will get enough spots for full grids. If not, adding few extra slots is not hard. You don't need to be a dev to say that adding a slot or two, or adding a lollipop man in the pits would take enormous amount of time. Common sense will do just fine. This is not one of the big things that can actually take long time to develop and refine. Sure you will then write that some things are not as easy as they look but for rying out aloud it is just the lollipop man

As for having a slot reserved just for you and someone else is easy to make work too. Again, common sense and logic: Have some kind of message appearing in the hud telling if your opponent who shares the slot has entered the pits. That way you won't have to wait for your slot and you will also know if your slot is taken. For crying out aloud you could have the same time counter telling the other guy how much more he needs to wait. As for the lollipop man, another great idea. Instead of having some fake 3d graphics to show your slot you can have the real deal. A lollipop man. Just add false starts on pits along few small fixes and a part of LFS is done

EDIT: and make it that big damages can only be fiexed inside the garage.
I like the idea along with all hyper's additional input, would greatly add to immersion. ps also like the pit crew noise idea
+1 but in the future
-1 i expected the wrong idea when i saw the title, i thought a guy at the enter handing out lollipops
Or how about Ferrari style traffic light system :Eyecrazy:
pmsl
it isnt very neccaccery but it would be good to have lfs even more real, that you have only one place to pit

(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG