The online racing simulator
#26 - cfus
Shouldnt the 200,000th member have got a bunch of flowers...or a voucher for luncheon meat or something? ...maybe they did. Well done you.
Quote from Tomtheman70 :Damn. :o

LFS has really taken off.

What would you expect? =) Quality products will attract people =) Considering that very little promotion is done and this 200,000 was virtually created by word of mouth says something I think =)
Thank you Bob for a very interesting thread. Congrats to the whole LFS community, as an old member I'm very glad to see that the word is still spreading .
I am glad to hear this, congratulations to LFS and our community!
Can you do a graph for how often we get official content (patches, updates)? (In 1 month increments)
hahaha tweak
Quote from Tweaker :Can you do a graph for how often we get official content (patches, updates)? (In 1 month increments)

We should track the 'I want an Update NOW!' threads too. We might see some interesting trends in there if we cross-reference against the content updates Maybe they coincide with full moons...
Quote from Riders Motion :Which is kind of enormous considering that LFS have no advertising at all...

Not so sure about that... I bet using LFS in the Force Dynamics and in some other motion platforms, the whole Intel Racing Tour and using LFS in some of the BMW Pitlane Park things has had some influence. Plus some other things which I don't remember right now.

Can you Bob see the exact mount of S1 and S2 owners? That would be interesting.
Quote from deggis :Can you Bob see the exact mount of S1 and S2 owners? That would be interesting.

Nope.

Although the methods used the last time we estimated it (back on RSC I believe) should still be applicable now. That's where I got the 1/4 figure from.
:bump:

Been keeping track of this still, seems word has REALLY started spreading of late, kicking off with patch Z.

Not only has lfs.net now reached one quarter of a million registrations (2 days ago infact), but the rate at which new registrations are appearing is consistently higher than ever before, including day-of-release spikes (S1A and S2Z excluded).

Thought this would be of interest.

Btw: current predictions for the million mark are currently lying somewhere in 2014.
Attached images
lfsusersgraph1_sum08.PNG
lfsusersgraph2_sum08.PNG
Wow, LFS has really spread! Imagine the surge when S2 Beta is released

Keep up the good work ScaViEr, the amount of new users is amazing for such a small game
Quote from Bob Smith ::bump:

Been keeping track of this still, seems word has REALLY started spreading of late, kicking off with patch Z.

Not only has lfs.net now reached one quarter of a million registrations (2 days ago infact), but the rate at which new registrations are appearing is consistently higher than ever before, including day-of-release spikes (S1A and S2Z excluded).

Thought this would be of interest.

Btw: current predictions for the million mark are currently lying somewhere in 2014.

well, demo users were forced to register IIRC, so that may be a factor...
It's good that the first graph is slowly curving upwards, as opposed to a straight line, or downwards.
If i could squeeze this thread i would get fresh juice of bullshit.
Quote from MijnWraak :well, demo users were forced to register IIRC, so that may be a factor...

Very correct, what I was going to say before you beat me to it...
Quote from Uximura :If i could squeeze this thread i would get fresh juice of bullshit.

the funniest thing ive seen here ever!
Quote from MijnWraak :well, demo users were forced to register IIRC, so that may be a factor...

Aha, a very relevant point indeed. Hadn't thought of that. I suspect that makes the graph a little misleading then.
#43 - hda
still good to know the community is growing
congratulations and glad to be part of this comunity

btw 200,000 are 1/5 million not 1/4:magnify:
well, point of this thread resurrection is that we have 250.000 Users now, which is *drumroll* a quarter of a million!
Quote from lerts :congratulations and glad to be part of this comunity

but now its 250 000...
The "1/4 million" has been added by a mod later. That's why it's in brackets.
Bob > lerts
Quote from lerts :congratulations and glad to be part of this comunity

The latest graph shows 250,000 :-)
Does that date mean anything special...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG