The online racing simulator
Another school shooting in finland..
(112 posts, started )
Quote from BlueFlame :Blame the parents, it's the only way.

your sense of humour seems to be different to mine.
Let's ban chess. It causes cannibalism.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well, you're German.

Seriously, stop it with that! You are relying on a 60 years old stereotype made up by some 40 years old fat american bloke that thinks that germans=nazi.
#55 - SamH
Quote from BAMBO :Seriously, stop it with that! You are relying on a 60 years old stereotype made up by some 40 years old fat american bloke that thinks that germans=nazi.

That wasn't the reference at all. Nobody with half a braincell these days thinks Germans=nazi. Keep up!
Quote from BlueFlame :Well, you're German.

Nonsense. Everyone knows the Germans have a brilliant sense of humour. Look at all the fantastic comedy TV series that come out of Germany, for example!
They better ban all computer games quickly, or it will happen again! Also books mentioning war or guns should be banned and subsequently burned. Then jam all TV stations and we can finally live a happy life in flowery sunshine world :hippy:
Quote from BlueFlame :Blame the parents, it's the only way.

or blame the government that allows 15 year olds to buy weapons in Finland,
or the police officers who visited this guy 1 day earlier (because of the shooting videos he posted in the net before) but the officer thought he is not dangerous. etc. etc.

It's not always the parents, you know.
But if his parents had brought him up properly, then he would wouldn't have gone and shot some people, surely, even if he did have a gun.
Quote from BBO@BSR :or blame the government that allows 15 year olds to buy weapons in Finland,
or the police officers who visited this guy 1 day earlier (because of the shooting videos he posted in the net before) but the officer thought he is not dangerous. etc. etc.

Or the government that waste money and aid these things at the same time by teaching 90% of men to operate firearms
Quote from J@tko :But if his parents had brought him up properly, then he would wouldn't have gone and shot some people, surely, even if he did have a gun.

Do you really think that parenting can stop a disease?
Because someone who does something like that
must be emotionally and psychologically disturbed.
And not even a trained police officer noticed it how can the parents know it.

I don't think it's always that easy to say: "It's the parent's fault"

But of course if you want you can find guilty people everywhere:
What about the Gun fabricator, if the guy had no chance to buy one, he couldn't shoot someone else.
That's just an example of "It just depends of how you want to see it".
Quote from BBO@BSR :
must be emotionally and psychologically disturbed.

Then he should be put in a mental institution.
Yeah, let's blame everyone than himself, it's not the governments fault. Some times things like that are unvoidable, and you can cry as much you want and make tons of new rules, but it won't change a thing. Humans are strange creatures, and we'll never understand them all, end of story.
Quote from J@tko :But if his parents had brought him up properly, then he would wouldn't have gone and shot some people, surely, even if he did have a gun.

although the parents are of great importance for the development of a child, the influences it gets from them are not the only ones. think of school, friends, etc.
you can't blame the parents for their son being a daft mass murderer.
Quote from duke_toaster :Or the government that waste money and aid these things at the same time by teaching 90% of men to operate firearms

Funny thing is that this guy quit army. According to newspapers. He was "unadaptable" or something. Since this country has conscription, it should be connected to gun license. I mean if a person quits army then it's very very unlikely that person starts shooting as a hobby or sport...
Quote from deggis :Funny thing is that this guy quit army. According to newspapers. He was "unadaptable" or something. Since this country has conscription, it should be connected to gun license. I mean if a person quits army then it's very very unlikely that person starts shooting as a hobby or sport...

Or just scrap the conscription, I've never seen it actually achieve anything other than wasting money, teaching civilians how to use firearms, delay people going in to further education and a good few human rights abuses to boot.
Quote from chanoman315 :Police should enter the building, no matter if there are hostages, we all know this kind of people kill everyone, even hostages.. they dont trade

Really? Remember Moscow theater siege? Chechnyan rebels killed 2 people, Russian special forces killed 129 people gassing the theater and hindered the aftermath rescue efforts by not telling medical personnel what gas they used there by possibly killing even more people.
Quote from BBO@BSR :or blame the government that allows 15 year olds to buy weapons in Finland,

No. Buying gun and obtaining gun lisence is different thing. And you would need parents authorisation for that and its probably not that easy as it sounds like. And probably that is limited only to hunting guns.

Quote :or the police officers who visited this guy 1 day earlier (because of the shooting videos he posted in the net before) but the officer thought he is not dangerous. etc. etc.

Some of the videos he posted to youtube just yesterday. After he visited police. I wouldn't blame this police because I trust their expertise. Psychopaths are worlds best liars. Might be that this police won't sleep for couple of next weeks or years without some heavy medication.
Quote from SamH :That wasn't the reference at all. Nobody with half a braincell these days thinks Germans=nazi. Keep up!

Well if it wasn't a WW2 propaganda then I don't see how someone could come up with such a stereotype?Going furthermore off-topic I can say that germans are almost totally different (some enjoy a good beer as mentioned in the stereotype ). I met funny, relaxed, friendly people on my trips to Germany. No way near to their stereotype.
Quote from duke_toaster :Or just scrap the conscription, I've never seen it actually achieve anything other than wasting money, teaching civilians how to use firearms, delay people going in to further education and a good few human rights abuses to boot.

Tell that to politicians who still think cold war never ended (especially now after what happened in Georgia).

edit
Quote from deggis :No. Buying gun and obtaining gun lisence is different thing. And you would need parents authorisation for that and its probably not that easy as it sounds like. And probably that is limited only to hunting guns.

So the authorities have to check your backgrounds before giving permissions, now let's blame them even more, they must have seen it.
I just wrote the sentence you quoted and the above as an example, that you can blame everyone if you want to, depends of how you argue.
I think it's just not fair to always and everywhere say: "the parents fault"

Quote from deggis :
Some of the videos he posted to youtube just yesterday. After he visited police. I wouldn't blame this police because I trust their expertise. Psychopaths are worlds best liars. Might be that this police won't sleep for couple of next weeks or years without some heavy medication.

But they only noticed and visited him because of the videos he posted earlier, or not?
Anyway I agree with you there is no real way to find out psychopaths but if not even trained people can, how can the parents.
Quote from deggis :Tell that to politics who still think cold war never ended (especially now after what happened in Georgia).

Finland, being in the EU (ergo having significant ties with NATO) will not be invaded unless Putin REALLY goes on the Smirnoff and disco biscuits. I'm talking drinking pints of the stuff.
Quote from SamH :Nonsense. Everyone knows the Germans have a brilliant sense of humour. Look at all the fantastic comedy TV series that come out of Germany, for example!

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.

EDIT: I'm sorrry, I didn't think about what this thread was about when posting this.

Condonlences to the families.
Quote from duke_toaster :Finland, being in the EU (ergo having significant ties with NATO) will not be invaded unless Putin REALLY goes on the Smirnoff and disco biscuits. I'm talking drinking pints of the stuff.

Rational thinking is useless with this subject. At least government is following people's opinion, since there is clear support for keeping conscription (that only results lots of badly equipped, badly trained cannon fodder with zero motivation).
Quote from BBO@BSR :
But they only noticed and visited him because of the videos he posted earlier, or not?

No. The police can't get to youtube... among other unsuitable sites, like hotmail

That's sorta why the domestic affairs minister should resign
Quote from hyntty :No. The police can't get to youtube... among other unsuitable sites, like hotmail

That's sorta why the domestic affairs minister should resign

Now you're making up things.

Another school shooting in finland..
(112 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG