The online racing simulator
Night with lights
(7 posts, started )
Night with lights
i think it would be really cool if we could play in the dark with lights on the cars. the evening weather isn't even close to as dark as night.
Oh yeah, night racing. Has been suggested quite some times now

I'm not too sure about its usefulness, though, considering the races are already messy enough as is. IMO this would be a feature that is cool for 5 minutes and then turned off as you realize driving in a black void doesn't necessarily make racing more fun.

By the way, make sure to check the Suggested improvements log
i'm not sure if it'd make racing more fun but i'm positive drifters would like it.

*sigh, no comment.
it would surley make sense for longdistance races. but i dont expect day/night change before S3.
A day/night change involves holding multiple textures on the graphics card which could isolate users on lower specification systems, either a very slow incremental change could be done with texture loading on an IRQ - or the minimum requirements would need to go up to store the extra textures.

One thing for the devs to bear in mind is that different parts of the world experience a different speed of day/night transition, which only serves to make it even more complex...
#7 - filur
Quote from Becky Rose :A day/night change involves holding multiple textures on the graphics card which could isolate users on lower specification systems, either a very slow incremental change could be done with texture loading on an IRQ - or the minimum requirements would need to go up to store the extra textures.

One thing for the devs to bear in mind is that different parts of the world experience a different speed of day/night transition, which only serves to make it even more complex...

Why use textures?

Scene lighting, shaders, i tells you.

Night with lights
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG