(5 posts, started )
extra in car controls
how about the following to be adjustable in cockpit whilst driving

brake balance

front / rear antirollbar

diff settings

fuel map

obviously not all available on every car just on the appropriate classes

in particular they could make it interesting on long races, reduce power for better mpg, adjust brake bias and antiroll bars to account for weight and tyre wear, diff settings adjust for tyre wear

especially if we get changable weather conditions
Ahem... One of the F-number keys (F9 through F12) allows you to do the first two, but only online. Not quite sure how you could adjust a mechanical diff on the fly but I could see it being possible if it were electrical. I think mixture adjustments could add another interesting element to longer races, though. Leaner mixture leads to less fuel consumption and less power, and I could be wrong but I think it also means more heat.

Taking the flight sim, X-Plane, as an example (not real life, I know), full rich mixture leads to lots of fuel consumption, reduced power, and VERY cool exhaust temps. Leaning it out slowly results in an reduction of fuel consumption and an increase in power and exhaust temp. However, when you lean it out past the optimal mixture, the power and exhaust temps drop suddenly. I'm not quite sure what happens to the fuel consumption at this point. Just a little leaner and the engine dies altogether.
Quote from Forbin :Ahem... One of the F-number keys (F9 through F12) allows you to do the first two, but only online. Not quite sure how you could adjust a mechanical diff on the fly but I could see it being possible if it were electrical. I think mixture adjustments could add another interesting element to longer races, though. Leaner mixture leads to less fuel consumption and less power, and I could be wrong but I think it also means more heat.

Taking the flight sim, X-Plane, as an example (not real life, I know), full rich mixture leads to lots of fuel consumption, reduced power, and VERY cool exhaust temps. Leaning it out slowly results in an reduction of fuel consumption and an increase in power and exhaust temp. However, when you lean it out past the optimal mixture, the power and exhaust temps drop suddenly. I'm not quite sure what happens to the fuel consumption at this point. Just a little leaner and the engine dies altogether.

Leaner does equal more heat, but leaner gives BETTER fuel efficiency and MORE power, until stoic ratio is acheived. From that point and leaner, it is worthless to remove fuel from the mixture becuse you're risking detonation.
Less fuel consumption = better fuel efficiency (at least in the way this phrase is most often used synonymously with fuel economy). You are right, though, leaner is better for max power until you reach the optimal air:fuel ratio.
Actually, peak power is achieved at an equivalence ratio of about 0.88, which is about 1.1 stoich (i.e. a bit rich).

extra in car controls
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG