The online racing simulator
'Jittering' Throtte with G25
(17 posts, started )
I've just noticed that when I hold the accelerator at a certain point, the revs and amount of acceleration in the game seem to jitter all over the place. Not a major problem but quite annoying...

Anybody else had this problem?

I've tried restarting the computer, recalibrating the axes, unplugging and plugging back in the wheel... um... revving it a bit

EDIT: Now it's started jittering with my foot flat to the floor :S
Attached files
Fail.spr - 14.7 KB - 125 views
i have same thing on my g25 pedals......it sounds cool but i think it makes me slower because its just not full trottle
I had that, went away after I'd unplugged and re-plugged... might be a faulty sensor... I've noticed my throttle pedal will wobble side to side when partly pressed down... Not sure if yours does (or if they all do) but still...

Try a driver re-install and a re-plug + reboot, if not looks like you'll have to either buy a new G25 or get Logitech to sort it depending on your warranty situation =/
I bought it less than a year ago, so I think I still have some warrantly left..

Just :S
I do not yet have the G25, but an old Formula force pro and I have similar problems there once in a while.

I just open up the pedal set en clean it from the dust that collects in there. Afterwards everything is good.
How easy is it to take the pedal assembly apart? You could always go in and examine whether its mechanical, electrical, or software related. This could save you a bunch of trouble... or result in a heap of trash. YMMV
I'd probably take it apart if it wasn't still in warranty... maybe I'll be able to find a hole that I can blow though to clear the dust
I doubt dust would cause such a problem... I reckon it's the position sensor
I don't know if it's just coincidence, but I gave my G25 pedals a good old blow through 3 holes I found in the bottom (No idea what the holes are for / where they lead to) and a bit of a shake, and the problem doesn't seem to be as bad now
I might try that once my warranty is out... or sooner if the problem really gets annoying. Is it any more or less complicated to perform the repair on a G25?
Much more severe problem now, after 5-10 minutes of light use, the FFB went all weird, and I smelt burning... um what to do?

The fumes are giving me a headache. I better go find a fire extinguisher incase it catches fire. :S
Sounds like it's overheating and/or melting something.
Incase not mentioned, make sure none of the wires are crimped. I had the sane problem with my pedals, and checked the wires. The pedal's wires were severely crimped due to being against the wall, so i bent them back and straightened them out, and they work like new now.
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
If it's burning and you're asking what to do. Simple answer is - don't use it until it's been looked at by a professional.

Where was buring smell coming from, the FFB wheel area or the foot pedals?
There's nothing mechanical in the pedals, Jason, it's just the pentomitors or whatever, and a cable or something.

It'll be the FFB motors getting hot.
Hopefully I'm get it replaced under warranty.

I'm not sure that it is 'just overheating'...

I've raced for hours on end before, and the wheel was only mildly warm. The FFB continued to work perfectly and there was no sign of overheating.

However, I used it for 5 minutes the other day, very light use, and it the FFB began to act strangely, along with the smell of burning/melting, coming from the wheel unit. Strangely, the wheel unit was not warm at all .

Now that I have it unplugged, there is still some resistance when I try to turn the wheel. Normally, when I turn the wheel when it is unplugged, there is no resistance at all. I'm sure that something FFB related has broken inside the wheel.

At least it's another problem I can add to give my warranty claim some clout

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG