The online racing simulator
Can someone explain the slicks to me (R4/R3/R2 etc..)
Did a search, hate to create a thead, forgive me, but I'm just having a hard time. I'm not new to the game, just to playing online, and new to creating setups. I played for about 3 years just using Race_S stuff, mostly for fun offline, because it's so real, and I love legitimate simulation, anyways to the point.

What's the difference between say, a R2 slick and a R4, using the BMW Sauber for example. I see that they have optimal temperatures, and I understand that the R4 would take longer to get effective than a R2, since the optimal temp is higher, however, well, I guess I'd like to know which is best. I understand the lenth of the race is something to consider, but I'm looking for which tire has the best grip, regardless how long it lasts, I run mostly short races.

Also if anyone cares to explain any further, hey, that would be great, but really I need to know what's best, because for now I'm assuming the R4 has the best grip, but only because it's a higher number than R3 or R2. Thanks a lot guys, for any input.

I'm more technical savvy, so I help ppl when I can with technical problems on the board, I try to do my share, but when it comes to something like this, game related, well, in-game related, I reach out to you vets of the game for support, because I've seen first hand on here the ridiculous amount of people that, just seem to know 'everything' there is to know about this simulator.

Again, thanks for any input, simple as it may seem, I think this is a real problem for me because I just don't know what to choose, and I fear tire choice may be one of the more important aspects of racing.

LFS>All Others
#2 - J@tko
R1 = softest tyre
R4 = hardest tyre.

R1 = quickest to warm up, 'quali' tyre
R4 = slowest to warm up, 'endurance' tyre.
#3 - Jakg
R1 = Softest Tire (only on the MRT iirc)

R4 = Hardest Tire

Soft - Heats up fast, lots of grip, overheats easily.

Hard - Heats up slower, less grip (although R3's / R4's scrubbed in properly can be beastly), hard to keep hot.

EDIT - Beaten. Oh PenisLlama.
Thanks guys, this is why I like this forum so much, my questions were answered in just a few minutes, rock on.
#5 - J@tko
@jack, also fbm n fox. soz 4 txt speak, writing this on my psp, which takes years to load pages
Why not just make life easier and use a computer?
Thanks a lot Shotglass, you have no idea that helped me, in the meantime just now, I completed a 30 lap short track race for the first time without terrible tire problems.
#9 - J@tko
Quote from JO53PHS :Why not just make life easier and use a computer?

Because my parents sent me to bed

The good thing is they don't even know my psp has an internet browser
Quote from J@tko :Because my parents sent me to bed Tilt

The good thing is they don't even know my psp has an internet browser Big grin

i love 2008

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG