The online racing simulator
Single Player Set Up
(16 posts, started )
Single Player Set Up
I am having trouble figuring out(I have the manual) how to set up races to include other drivers and any choice of cars,off line.I'm defiitely not ready to race online yet! Any help please
Ron(Old Timer)
#2 - Hout
1. Load LFS
2. On the first screen click on "Single Player"
3. On the new screen on the top left corner click "add AI Driver"
Each time you click on it a new car controlled by the computer is added.
Click this let's say 4 times to add 4 cars.
4. Then click on "join race" (the green-yellow blinking button) to add your
car at the bottom of the grid.

5. Click on the "go" button at the bottom right corner and you start a race

Some tips...

If you want to clear the grid click on the "minus" button at the left of a driver name.

If you want to start first the clear the grid, firtst click on the "join race" and after that add more AI drivers.

You can save the current grid with the "save" button and reload it later with the "load" option.

Before you start the race you can adjust the skill level of the AI cars from the first button named surprise surprise "Skill Level"
"Newbie" is the easiest setting and "Pro" is the hardest.

If you want to use some other cars instead of all the same go to garage, select a new car for example xrg and then add an AI car. You'll notice that the ne AI driver(s) will have XRGs also.
Then go to the garage again and select an XRT. Again all newly added AI drivers will use the XRT.
This way you can have a multi class grid. Then save this grid in order to easily restore it in another session.
Quote from Old Timer :I am having trouble figuring out(I have the manual) how to set up races to include other drivers and any choice of cars,off line.I'm defiitely not ready to race online yet! Any help please
Ron(Old Timer)

Mi advise , better go online , see some race , learn watching etc etc etc , play against Ai ( Bots) is not nicely , the are to Thought to pass if you are not a Adverage driver ,cuz , the ai follow a line no matter what , and even can push you out of the track.
Hi Hout
Thanks for the response,you showed me the error of my ways, thanks,I immediatly set up a 4 car race of varied cars,some folks? are just slow learners?
Now I have to find out why when I start the race,my car "doesn't" start,I just sit on the line.I do believe though that with your kind of support I my end up racng online!
Thanks
Ron (Old Timer
Hi
That was easily fixed!I plugged the wheel USB plug back in???
Glad to see that you got it started and going Old Timer!

I myself just bought the game on Friday and got my wheel yesterday, Playing online i noticed that I stink... i need to practice.. My main problem is taking the turns, I take every turn to fast and need to use the brake more. I always end up spinning out or off the track.

The wheel make a huge difference though.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Welcome to the game guys. May i suggest if you are going to practice offline, a quick way to learn the basic braking points and race line is by pressing "4" when on track, it will then place a green line on track showing the race line and it will be red in the areas where you should be braking. Its not perfect but will help you learn the tracks and gain the ability to brake in time for corners (pressing 4 again removes it) good luck!

Great Advice!!!! Thanx SilverArrows.. I'll try that late tonight,

I've played online a few times and it seems that when taking the corners other indivuals always end up faster than me into the turn and coming out of the turn. If I try to keep up with them I end up skidding off of the track.

I guess it also has to do with practice and car setup.
#8 - J@tko
Quote from sfmadmax :Great Advice!!!! Thanx SilverArrows.. I'll try that late tonight,

I've played online a few times and it seems that when taking the corners other indivuals always end up faster than me into the turn and coming out of the turn. If I try to keep up with them I end up skidding off of the track.

I guess it also has to do with practice and car setup.

Probably quite a bit of the latter.

You can find sets at setupgrid or setupfield (google 'em), or downloading the SIG tool from the my3ID guys (google them too )
hey this is a neat thread,so much to learn!
Also remember to start going around the track in say 2nd gear...resist the urge to go faster
Then on your next lap go a bit faster then faster on the next and so on.

Everytime you go a bit faster the track will just come to you. And most of all have fun and don't get frustrated. If you try too hard it will just get harder.
Quote from sfmadmax :Glad to see that you got it started and going Old Timer!

I myself just bought the game on Friday and got my wheel yesterday, Playing online i noticed that I stink... i need to practice.. My main problem is taking the turns, I take every turn to fast and need to use the brake more. I always end up spinning out or off the track.

The wheel make a huge difference though.

That is exactly what i do, still, even with about a year of S2 under my belt. I think the reason why i do this is because there is no fear of imminent death if you crash! I often push the bounderies too far in most cars. The best learning car i found was the XFG. this may be because i was a demo driver for a while and don't respond well to rear wheel drive cars!
Is there a way to activate the racing line on and off"4" with a button on the wheel,I've tried, no luck
Hi Again
I'm not quite there!I get /press4 into ctrl column designate button 2 as the wheel button, but when I press 2 on the wheel it shows 2 alt+3, which is the place on the ctrl column,and in the game pressing 2 brings up" unknown command" for each click in the top left corner,4 still works ok.
Thanks for the contact
Ron (Old Timer)
Now it says parameters not valid,maybe I should give it up for now,I,m getting MOMO wheel in the next few days and I would have reset it all,so I'll get back to you then ,in the meantime its been vey nice meeting you and thanks for sticking with
me See you again soon
Ron(Old Timer)
Old Timer, these guys have given you great advice, and well, I can't help u with ur present problem with the button for a race line, but I do have some advise.

When I first got the simulator, I spend a good amount of time using the training, from the main menu. It really really helps, for some more than others, but if you're new to racing, and don't know much about it, the training can teach you quite a bit, for some ppl it's a real must. I didn't really need it because I do race in real life (for fun not pro lol) and it actually did help me, because it is still a simulator, and every bit of practice pays off. I highly recommend spending time in the games training, it may help you. It's not the best training they could possibly have mad, but it's well done, and actually pretty fun when the simulator is still new to you, enjoy, and welcome to LFS, the best, most realistic racing simulator ever made!
Hi Rammstein
Thanks for the contact Your tips are valid,I am doing the training and sticking with it till I get a pass.I have done quite a bit of sim racing,mainly in codemasters game,which are good ,but I think LFS is the best so far both in the challenging racing and making the most what the game offers,the forum is very good with folks like yourself ready to help us lesser mortals with help and encouragement.
My next challenge will be tomorrow when I expect delivery of a MOMO Wheel to replace my Wingman formula GP ,if I have problems you'll see me on the forum,even to say it works.
Anyway nice to meet you,and thanks

Ron(Old Timer)

Single Player Set Up
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG