The online racing simulator
FXO Tyre Advice?
(12 posts, started )
#1 - MR_B
FXO Tyre Advice?
Afternoon chaps,

I have a slight problem with the heating of my FXO's front tyres.
(Yes I know they usually do)
I'm trying to dial in some major rear oversteer so the front's won't heat up so much.

During a league race, a competitor managed to keep their tyres in the green for an entire 45minute race.

And before anyone mentions this, I need to point out that even if you raise pressures, the front tyres will slide more, thus increasing heat anyway.

And I'm fully aware of throttle control, I've been around long enough to learn that much.

Rear toe doesn't seem to help the issue much, even on -0.9.

So am I looking at damper or anti-roll changes? If so then I don't know what i'd be looking to adjust.

Basically I want the front to grip like hell and to be saving the rear all the time.

Kringle
Quote from MR_B :Afternoon chaps,

I have a slight problem with the heating of my FXO's front tyres.
(Yes I know they usually do)
I'm trying to dial in some major rear oversteer so the front's won't heat up so much.

During a league race, a competitor managed to keep their tyres in the green for an entire 45minute race.

And before anyone mentions this, I need to point out that even if you raise pressures, the front tyres will slide more, thus increasing heat anyway.

And I'm fully aware of throttle control, I've been around long enough to learn that much.

Rear toe doesn't seem to help the issue much, even on -0.9.

So am I looking at damper or anti-roll changes? If so then I don't know what i'd be looking to adjust.

Basically I want the front to grip like hell and to be saving the rear all the time.

Kringle

soften the front bar and bump. Increase rear bump and rear bar. That should give you nice oversteer at entry. Reduce diff coast locking too maybe. Although it's difficult to really know without seeing where your setup is currently at.
Turn down the rear toe to around +0.1.

Front toe to -0.01 which will allow it to have nice turn in without being overly slidey.

I'd recomend a locked diff if you're going to race. Keep the pressure around 28 Psi.

If you drive it propperly there won't be an issue.
well. i had the same problem in SC cup start of this year, well its pretty much to deal with all the oversteer, but you can reduce it by not taking you foot off the throtlle, then it will stay more balanced.
There's a better solution: don't drive cars with wrong wheel drive. You're simply asking too much of the front wheels.
#6 - MR_B
Apart from Gentlefoot, I wasn't listened to, I WANT oversteer, I deffinitely don't want positive toe!

I'll do some changes to my setup tonight GF, and let you know how I get on. Thanks
Try turning easy and genlte as possible, also high pressures are also one key to it for me, these 2 things are working for me and that's all mostly, don't overstreer(if I was right, forgot the understeer and oversteer differences) and don't give full throttle in turns, just gently.
Edit: ignore this, seems I can't read today.

Torque split. It's the easiest way. I run about 22 to 24% front in the FXR, any more and I'll burn out the fronts before the rears, less and the rears go first. Having made that change, you might find your set is already too oversteery, as it will now be handling like a proper AWD and not a wannabe bastardised FWD. Slight power oversteer is much more fun.
He said FXO, Bob
Crap. I was only one letter out!
I nearly forgot. If you have too much front brake the setup will be unresponsive to those changes. Run as much rear brake as you can cope with. That will keep the front tyre temps down and help turn in.
Quote from Gentlefoot :I nearly forgot. If you have too much front brake the setup will be unresponsive to those changes. Run as much rear brake as you can cope with. That will keep the front tyre temps down and help turn in.

Yeah, if you're good with the brakes, you can even work with the inner rear wheel unloading and locking up (briefly) so that the rear end swings round...

FXO Tyre Advice?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG