The online racing simulator
cars and licenses
(20 posts, started )
cars and licenses
Hí, I'd like to open a little discussion about the licenses and the cars you're given when you get a higer license.

In my opinion, getting to a higher license should mean you'll get some kind of reward, but that's not the case with some of them. With some licenses you don't get any new car or anything, and with others you get a whole bunch.

Let's say the CTRA servers:

Quote :Copper (3 cars)
XFG, XRG
UF-BR

Bronze (0 cars)
-

Silver (8 cars)
FXO, RB4, XRT
XFR, UFR
FXR-GT2, FZR-GT2, XRR-GT2

Gold (0 cars)
-

Platinum (3 cars)
FXR, FZR, XRR

Titanium (0 cars)
-

Right now earning bronze, gold or titanium earns you nothing. I'm silver right now and I'm close to gold. I was a bit excited about getting to gold until I just founf out that I will get no reward, just a new whole level to fulfill with the same cars I'm already using to get to platinum and then get the GRTs.

At the same time, when you get to silver you have access to 8 new cars, and most people don't use the TBOs or the XFR/UFR pair, it's mostly the restricted big GTR cars. That's five cars mostly wasted.

Also, having the UF-BR with the beginner cars is propably the cause of it not being used very often. The comparison between the CTRA RACE 1 and CTRA UFBR is pretty one sided.

Right now RACE 2 and UFBR are pretty much dead, so it might be a good idea to have them delivered as the only new cars at one point. I'd suggest a scheme like this:

Quote :Copper (2 cars)
XFG, XRG

Bronze (1 car)
UF-BR

Silver (3 cars)
FXO, RB4, XRT

Gold (5 cars)
XFR, UFR
FXR-GT2, FZR-GT2, XRR-GT2

Platinum (3 cars)
FXR, FZR, XRR

Titanium (0 cars)
-

With this scheme pretty much everything would be *solved*, except for the XFR/UFR that would still have a hard time because people tend to choose the faster and easier to drive bigger GT2 cars.
Quote :Right now RACE 2 and UFBR are pretty much dead

i love the UF-BR... i've just been playing with the FBM instead. when i'm on the UF-BR server, people usually fill it.
#3 - J@tko
UF-BR is usually Bronze - theyve changed it atm for the Baby-R Cup.
Quote from J@tko :UF-BR is usually Bronze - theyve changed it atm for the Baby-R Cup.

i better hurry up and gain bronze then.
#5 - SamH
The Gold licence is currently under review and licences/servers will possibly be getting a bit of a shuffle in that area. We should have an announcement in the next couple of weeks.
I'd suggest GT2 cars for Gold licence holders. Hopefully that would kick-start the CTRA2 server again as all newly qualified silver licence holders would have to go there to earn their points in order to achieve Gold ... and it seems more like a logical progression to GT2 class once a Gold licence is achieved.

I'm speculating that this is the way it will go down but Sam will probably change something just to prove me wrong
#7 - VoiD
I second that...
#8 - HVS5b
Thirded

Pity about race 2 being quiet. Nowt to do with the LRF's being retired, of course I take it theres some heavy duty league practice going on atm?

What about those poor down-trodden Titanium drivers No new reward for all that effort? Maybe they should be allowed access to the Scirroco when it is released
#9 - Bean0
LRF for us Tits would be great
#10 - SamH
The way it's looking at the moment, UFR/XFR will become a new "GFR" class, for Silver+, the other GT2 cars will be Gold+ and the GTR cars will remain Platinum+.

This may do damage to the Race3 server, though, and as much as we want people to use Race2, we don't want to lose racers generally. Nothing has been decided yet.
Quote from SamH :The way it's looking at the moment, UFR/XFR will become a new "GFR" class, for Silver+, the other GT2 cars will be Gold+ and the GTR cars will remain Platinum+.

This may do damage to the Race3 server, though, and as much as we want people to use Race2, we don't want to lose racers generally. Nothing has been decided yet.

So that would leave TBO + "GRF" to silver+. I wonder what people would choose in that situation. I think it also depends on how are cars split into servers. If silver people can go to Race3 and pick a UFR, and race with GT2 and GTR cars, then maybe that would be the choice just because probably it would be more crowded than Race2.

Anyway, I like the idea of separating XFR/UFR from GT2 (they're too different to me), and also having new cars more gradually, with a new set for gold.
#12 - SamH
In my experience, people like TBO for a bit and then they get bored with it. The death of Race2 has nothing to do with Race3. If anything, the rebirth of Race3 is entirely due to the death of Race2.
This is pretty much non-related, but yesterday I was having my first UFBR races and I found the races too long. We were a few people, doing 13 laps @ SO Chicane, having a total time of around 17:30 per race. Usually at Race1 and Race3 where I use to race the final times are around 10:00 to 12:30, so we were doing 5-7 minutes more than the average at other CTRA servers.

Aren't those races too long? 17 minutes for a race with 4 or 5 people I think it's too much.
#14 - SamH

Endurance Day. Each server has one every week. They're not too long, they're endurance races.
I think there should be a system in place whereby you need a certain number of racers for an endurance race to take place... or something. Because 20 minute races with 3 or 4 people does get a bit tedious
#16 - SamH
The races are shorter if there are less people in, and longer if more people join, whether it's Endurance Day or not. I thought this was well-known.

Sorry, but I'm not dropping Endurance Day on a whim.
Quote from SamH :
Endurance Day. Each server has one every week. They're not too long, they're endurance races.

lol

I didn't know about that. Calling 17 minutes an "endurance" race is quite optimistic hahaha but it's a good feature for CTRA
Quote from SamH :The races are shorter if there are less people in, and longer if more people join, whether it's Endurance Day or not. I thought this was well-known.

Sorry, but I'm not dropping Endurance Day on a whim.

Oh, didn't know that... that's probably miles better than what I suggested anyway.
Quote from SamH :The way it's looking at the moment, UFR/XFR will become a new "GFR" class, for Silver+, the other GT2 cars will be Gold+ and the GTR cars will remain Platinum+.

That sounds good to me (a silver racer)
#20 - SamH
Quote from MaKaKaZo :lol

I didn't know about that. Calling 17 minutes an "endurance" race is quite optimistic hahaha but it's a good feature for CTRA

Yeah, with only 3 or 4 drivers in a race, the length of the endurance race is not going to be too significant, though still longer than on non-endo days. Once you get a full server on an endurance day, the race can go pretty long. Before you ask, yes.. points are awarded in proportion to the length of the race that is run.

cars and licenses
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG