The online racing simulator
LFS Custom Car "Contest" WIPs
(180 posts, started )
there seems to be only 2 guys interested here...anyways, 2 new renders and some progres aswell, last part of my work seems to be rushed tho, i'll fix those ugly parts later, i've been working all day on this....
Attached images
pic8.jpg
pic9.jpg
Deem, you are moving fast

Good work
Ok the exterior is nearing to it's final stages...i still need to do something with the door, handles, etc
Attached images
pic11.jpg
I'm interested too I've not done any work on my model for a week or so now, what with uni work and a few other things taking all my time up, and it's doubtful I'll get much done to it in the next few days. But I have a reasonable external view, a reasonable interior, and a few details, but nothing great yet, and as it's not at a stage I'm proud of it I ain't posting pics or telling you what it is.

*crosses fingers no one beats me to it, and no it's not a Stratos or any of our cars*

But there is some great modelling going on here, and I look forward to seeing the final results from everyone.

Just a thought - who is going to make a silly car, like a monster truck or a top-fuel dragster (with the individual tubes in the structure)?
Well, my model is based on two or three early and late 60's american/italian racing cars, rwd, about 350hp power and stunnigly good looks lol

I expect to finish the body soon and after I have made the tires I start trying to render it...
one thing i want to ask, is, why in all of the pictures ive seen in here but xcnuses, all the pictures have alot of noise on them =/
Because everyone apart from Nuse is trying to do softshadows which, at the render speeds and resolutions used for previewing, look a bit poo. Nuse uses crisp shadows and so avoids that problem.
we r just using less subdivisions in our renders in order to make them faster..
im not using area shadows, its just that im using low quality settings
Ok, I tried to do a less noisy render...took 2 hours tho

Btw: the "noise" on the car is because of wrong reflection settings, realised when render was done...oh well here it is...and i forgot to mention...this is the first car i have ever got this far without bigger errors, best car before this stopped at making the A-Pillars...
Attached images
Pic14.jpg
cause im using vray, and unlike everyone else here that isnt and is using mental ray or radiosity, turn noise up to lower render times (also get shadow artifacts where its blochy looking)

also, for my renders, i dont use any noise (which does make a picture look more realistic if used correctly) it.. just wastes alot of space (and bandwidth for photobucket) so.. thats mainly why

and also because of what tristan said; which.. is also a type of artifactation, just to save space and lower render times (but.. never looks good)
plus im not as knowledgeable about materials as i wish i was.. so, thats mainly why too (but.. if i did put noise in reflections, mine would look the same too)
im using vray too, the problem is, im not using alot of subdivisions for my GI and for the image antialiasing
so.....
here's what i've done tonight, i need ur comments in order to finish this car..
Attached images
preview6.jpg
preview7.jpg
i think the center "channel" still needs a bit of work. it just looks too square and semi out of place... i like the vents behind the cockpit... but on a real car, would they really have any effect? and plus, there is nowhere for that air to go when it enters the vents so its just going to build pressure in there and create a bubble on the back of the car

my 2 cents.
its for the engine, and it goes out from the back part, where the exhaust pipes exit
true though, i gotta make the cockpit glass rounder!
but i'm using vray too, but i guess it's just a matter of skill, i always suck at rendering, maybe i should read some tutorials.
just ask ur questions here, im sure we can help u!
I'll try to work it out myself, i have learned everything in max mostly by myself...

..these are just a couple of lens tests..
Attached images
pic16_lenstest.jpg
pic15_fish eye.jpg
same here....

but vray is a different matter, that you have to read about, i'll post the link to a good tutorial once i get on my computer (in a few minutes really...)
it'll help your renders
well well well..
if any1 has any comments for this car, please post them ASAP, before i start working on a new one, cause im not planning to work on this one again once i do..

thanks
i do like that alot, but the glass area looks more like a fighter jet than a gt prototype

maybe too much glass? and how would you get in?

nice though
it pops up :P
want me to render it open?
i wont, i havent modeled the interior yet :P
hmm.. u think i should make the glass part smaller, and blend the rest with the car body?
yeah i dont think it would have so much glass like a bubble canopy

it would get SO hot in there lol.

i think the glass would wrap around the sides but not over the top

just my opinion
i guess its not too much work to change that, ill give it a try tomorrow..
off to bed now
#75 - axus
Awesome work guys! I like... well - both of these really. Each of them would add a lot to LFS if we had it. I wonder if the devs will allow them both in (if either at all?).

LFS Custom Car "Contest" WIPs
(180 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG