The online racing simulator
G25 Wheel when shook sounds to have broken components inside
Hi guys, i just received the newest shipment of the g25 wheel less than 4 days ago that's revision 101. A clacking noise of a broken component can be detected inside whenever i shake the wheel component itself. (Detected a day ago). Although it doesn't seem like the functionality of the wheel has been rendered useless. i've also been getting a weird click sound when i try to countersteer quickly.

Does anyone have advise or a any idea as to what the clicking noise being made is when i steer the wheel?

Thanks alot guys.
And this forum is good
Quote from bestbacon :Hi guys, i just received the newest shipment of the g25 wheel less than 4 days ago that's revision 101. A clacking noise of a broken component can be detected inside whenever i shake the wheel component itself. (Detected a day ago). Although it doesn't seem like the functionality of the wheel has been rendered useless. i've also been getting a weird click sound when i try to countersteer quickly.

Does anyone have advise or a any idea as to what the clicking noise being made is when i steer the wheel?

Thanks alot guys.
And this forum is good

I've recently gotten a clicking noise when moving the wheel 1 or 2 degrees to the right when in the centre, its only faint..but you can still hear it.

Doesnt seem to effect anything..so doesn't bother me.
Why were you shaking the wheel in the first place?
:Eyecrazy:
Might be bearings or more likely a broken clip inside. As long as everything works, stop panicing. The wheel itself is a very sturdy piece of equipment. I took mine to Leeds and back (in a suitcase, on the trains) from near London with a mate (he took his too) and they're still both going strong
If there is NO warranty, open it. Its mostly just a big Motor. And a small piece of electronics. I have opened my momo and thats all thats in there and springs for the shifter.
very true, it stills seems to function well! Thanks all.
#7 - Gunn
Quote from NoYPiDRiFTER :If there is NO warranty, open it. Its mostly just a big Motor. And a small piece of electronics. I have opened my momo and thats all thats in there and springs for the shifter.

The G25 has 2 motors.

There is also this plastic toothed rail running along below the motors and they mesh into it (IIRC) using plastic sprockets.
There a few moving parts which could be responsible for a clicking sound, but it is hard to guess which one(s) would be responsible in this case.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG