TCS >> cut gas while upshift
if you turn on the TCS of FZ5, TC will cut thottle while you upshift
Attached images
lfs_00000203.JPG
lfs_00000204.JPG
lfs_00000205.JPG
Attached files
TC.spr - 139.3 KB - 331 views
Yes, I have experienced that, but it might be the way it works in Real Life.
The purpose of a traction control system is to keep you in control within the limits of traction. Flatshifting, especially while cornering tends to break traction, therefore it is all too logical to prevent that from happening in the first place. Did you also notice it will reduce your throttle when you understeer? Understeer is the other (much more harmless) variant of breaking traction - the TCS tries to make the car follow your wishes and thus slows the car down to make the understeer less severe.
#4 - Vain
[Offtopic]
Quote from AndroidXP : Understeer is the other (much more harmless) variant of breaking traction - the TCS tries to make the car follow its wishes and thus slows the car down to make the understeer less severe.

Corrected.

Vain

[/Offtopic]
It is normal behavior. When you shift without lifting the throttle, a huge amount of torque go to the wheel when you let the clutch out due to engine-transmission revs mismatch. Thus, it will make your wheels spin a little, and this is immediately handled by the traction control by cutting the throttle.
I didn't want to make a new thread, so here it goes. TC also limits engine power when your clutch starts slipping. In the FZ50 if your clutch gets about halfway on the meter and it slips really badly, the TC will control the engine to limit the slip. I think this needs to be removed as its not stopping wheel spin.
Quote from imadude10 :i Didn't Want To Make A New Thread, So Here It Goes. Tc Also Limits Engine Power When Your Clutch Starts Slipping. In The Fz50 If Your Clutch Gets About Halfway On The Meter And It Slips Really Badly, The Tc Will Control The Engine To Limit The Slip. I Think This Needs To Be Removed As Its Not Stopping Wheel Spin.

+1
Quote from imadude10 :I didn't want to make a new thread, so here it goes. TC also limits engine power when your clutch starts slipping. In the FZ50 if your clutch gets about halfway on the meter and it slips really badly, the TC will control the engine to limit the slip. I think this needs to be removed as its not stopping wheel spin.

The TC could be detecting the difference between the tire speed and the speed the RPM's should be at in a certain gear, rather than if the tires are actually spinning or not. But that would make no sense as TC would kick in when you are moving the car from a dead stop.

TCS >> cut gas while upshift
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG