The online racing simulator
Strange BFG 8800 GT OC
(9 posts, started )
Strange BFG 8800 GT OC
Hi there,I received my parts this morning & got a surprise when I saw my BFG 8800 GT OC.I never saw that card anywhere before & It's not looking like what I saw on the website.

This is mine

And this is the one I saw everywhere & thought I was buying...Is there any difference between them?Does mine will run cooler/hotter with that HSF?
Happened to me with my card I bought from another site. They show you one and you get a completely different one. Maby this one is has fixed bugs or they have made a new design and they dont change the pictures. Sometimes you never exactly get what you order.
#3 - Jakg
It's just a different cooler - nothing more. As long as the temps are ok just ignore it.
#4 - dadge
the fan on the new one is in a totally different spot. doesn't the fan usually sit above the GPU?
Only alarming thing I see is that from big-eyed anime chicks and big breasted heroines with guns, or combinations of both, that used to adorn the coolers companies have resorted to bald-headed guys.
Quote from dadge :the fan on the new one is in a totally different spot. doesn't the fan usually sit above the GPU?

A lot of new cards doesn't have the fan above the GPU.I still don't know why there's like 3 version of the BFG 8800 GT OC.
#7 - Jakg
The fan on my 8800GTX is sort of near the GPU, but I think that the heatsink seems to extend from the GPU to the edge of the cards with the DVI ports on, and the fan helps to push air from inside the case through the heatsink and exhaust the hot air out of the case.
I just found out,I got the new version with the revised heatsink.The old one was running too hot so BFG & XFX changed the cooler on them and I see some people get arround 60C under load(80C++ with the old one)with the new cooler.Thank you anyway
#9 - dadge
i just purchased a similar card. and it also has a new cooling system which is supposed to keep the card 5-10% cooler. got it for a sweet price too. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ ... PCI-Express)%20-%20Retail not a bad price either. it has ddr3 (512mb) and is running 256bit which was what i was looking for. no point having super memory if your card is 128bit. my (old)FX5200 was 128bit :s
review: http://www.elitebastards.com/c ... ;limit=1&limitstart=0

Strange BFG 8800 GT OC
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG